Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 232 - Mari Kusakabe

Grand-mother of the year award.

@Serenata, considering the similarities between the Holy Sol stuff and Christianity (+ derivatives), maybe the cataclysm isn't the only thing that made info vanish.

@OniBarubary,
The reason I phrased it like such is that a virgin birth in our world is obviously impossible.
define virgin birth...

@ Roughmutt
I think Shinra said a few chapters back that his mom never mentioned his father, so I doubt he knows anything about it. Shinra was 5yo and Sho was 2 when their mom died, so I don't think she even tried to explain them about the virgin birth.

Dex-chan lover
Abe Mari = Ave Maria = Hail Mary

That's something alright.
Super interested in what's to come now

Dex-chan lover
Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of Flames and of the Holy Sol, he cannot enter into the kingdom of Adolla

Dex-chan lover
That panel where Mari shields her baby from her mother and yells "Don't touch him!" hit me really hard for some reason.

Seeing how her parents treated her, no wonder Mari chose her baby. I haven't had a baby, but I hear people get really attached to them. XD

This chapter made me feel awful for her: in all the flashbacks, you can tell that her sons are her whole world. She was disowned, likely ostracized from her community, but her two little boys loved her. Then she turned into a demon Infernal and had her youngest taken from her, while her oldest was orphaned. Now she's a blind demon in (probably) hell.

It makes my heart hurt.

Seeing how fast Mari’s parents were to disown her, it really shows how bad they were to her. Even if their relationship wasn’t abusive it was definitely subpar to the point where she was definitely ok with never seeing them again because she didn’t want her child to go through anything similar to her. It’s also cute seeing Mari with the same teeth as Shinra and the little bro ( i forgot his name lmao)

she's strongest character as mother raising her own children with society don't believe her

Dex-chan lover
What about Sho? Was he another Virgin birth?

And that 'Mother'... She's an ungrateful b**** with nothing to show.

Users who are viewing this thread