Flirting with the Villain's Dad

Oh no...
I am now shipping Yene with both Raulus and Erudian
🤣

Review as of chapter 36:

ML = standard cold hypercompetent man that protects the innocent charm of FL by deliberately hiding the dangerous things going on around her

FL = manic pixie cinnamon roll

ML is written fairly well as a slow build so far. FL is very jarring to me. It feels like the author can't decide if she's actually that naive or if it's a deliberate facade. She's calculating and modifying her facial expressions in some scenes, and innocent manic pixie in others.

At the moment all the other characters are completely 1-dimensional, either muhahaha-evil or mob-character-here-to-say-the-ML-has-mysteriously-changed.

The art is nice, and the backgrounds are consistent, although the traced photorealistic horse was a little weird. The doki-doki scenes are exceptionally soft and fluffy.

I'm dropping because these are not character types I enjoy, especially the hiding-the-danger-protection thing. But for those who like these types of characters, it's decently, but not brilliantly, executed.

I really don't understand why people are complaining about the FL or ML.

From the very start, we already know about the plan that the FL had. She wanted to stop the birth of the villain or according to her plan A is to stop the kidnapping of her sister, but instead, she got kidnap. Then she decided to make the witch (the mother of the villain) go back to the right path, she planned to befriend her but it failed before it even started. And so she decided to the Emperor from marrying the witch. It's an alright plan and it is something that she can do with her condition.

Let's be frank. FL is not strong and doesn't have any power. She has weak body and her only power is knowing what will happen in the future (the marriage between emperor and witch). She tried to stop it but event the God told her that something had to take place if she changed fate. FL is not naive, she very aware about her weakness and what she can or cannot do. IMO the author really made her situation fair and had her react the most 'normal'.

Now to the ML. He is not your typical cold ML. You actually see him care about FL. He just chose not to actively reach out to FL because he doesn't see her as a love interest (and this is very normal reaction). He made sure she is well taken care of and you actually able to see his expression changes slowly when he is around the FL. The artist manages to convey the changes of ML's heart regarding FL very subtly (as we don't get to see his POV or thoughts in the manhwa unlike in novel). This is a slow burn and this is appropriate.

To those that keep complaining about the ML or FL and how it is boring, you guys probably just not into slow burn and just enjoy when the characters do things 'fast' which is not normal. FL should not be OP and so does ML. You actually able to see FL planning things on her own and trying to come up with her own act regarding the situation that will happen because she changed the story. She reacts normally and as she should with the situation that she is in

Double-page supporter
Uh. This si actually quite good. For as far as the villainess kind of universe goes, thsi one is fresh and cute.

Fed-Kun's army
Still cute. Both FL and ML are pretty likable.
People complaining that the ML is cold haven't read enough manhwa lol. His reactions aren't cold at all, just reserved. If you had no feelings towards someone but were still a decent human being, this is exactly how I'd expect you to act. He's consistently been kind to her, even when rejecting her.
Plus you can clearly see the point where his feelings for her develop.

FL is great as well. She's cute, a little ditzy, but acutely aware of what she can and can not do and tries to work with that. She can be absent-minded but she's not an idiot. Every action she has taken so far makes sense, considering her limited means.

This is nuts that it's rated so high. This is the most generic shoujo isekai possible, and it's moving at a glacial pace.

Users who are viewing this thread