Follow > hide undesired languages

Hi team,

When going into the follow section, sometimes is easy to loose track, as every single update for all languages available is displayed.

Would it be possible to separately filter mangas by languages, so the languages you don't speak would be hidden and the list of followed mangas would be tidier?

For example English translation is usually the more advanced one but not always. Giantz for instance, the latam translation is ahead, so I would like to filter/ follow that manga only by latam, and the rest of mangas I'm following by
whatever language I understand which translation could be ahead.

Thank you all for your hard work!

The gear options prevents chapters from being seen, but doesn't prevent the manga from showing up in lists such as the one produced by searching or as mentioned the Follows page https://mangadex.org/follows/manga/0 when ordering by Last Update.
For example, Kakushigoto appears at the top of both the search page and the Follows page with a last updated time of 5 minutes ago with English language only selected, but when navigating to the page shows the most recent update as being 4 months ago, since the more recent releases were in a different language and hidden by the site feature mentioned.
The Latest Updates tab on the Follows page does correctly hide the chapters, since the display is only for chapters, but the Manga tab under follows has manga higher on the list by Last Updated, ordering by any release, not just ones in the chosen language.
This makes keeping track of releases using that tab extremely difficult when most releases are in other languages for the manga you're following.

I figured it was a known issue, just saw the response and thought I'd clarify the OP's specific request.

You can find this specific issue under
Planned > Chapter Listing > Last updated timestamp to respect language filters

Thank you all for your answers.

I realize I may not explained myself, as I was asking for a specific feature like filtering chapter languages but per manga.

For example English translation is usually the more advanced one but not always. Giantz for instance, the latam translation is ahead, so I would like to filter/ follow that manga only by latam, and the rest of mangas I'm following by
whatever language I understand which translation could be ahead.

Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
@naranxin
You might want to edit your original post to be more clear, because it looks like you want the ability to filter chapter updates by language across the whole site (which is an already existing feature) but you're asking for something else entirely.

storing/checking preferences on language for each manga would likely crash the database, so this would be denied

Users who are viewing this thread