For Better or For Worse - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Dude.. This series is so good.
It has long chapters, it makes me feel for the characters, it takes my emotions for a whirl, thank you so much for this series.
That love she has for her family is great, I can't wait to read more.

Group Leader
Emily is an oblivious fangirl and I love it. She's just like "I ship it. Hats off to you, older sis" lmaooo. I love this series so far. The chapters have great lengths, and you can already tell that the personalities of the MC and ML are compatible--neither of them like to lose lmao

lol! 🤣 she's totally being baited but doesn't know it. It reminds me of the 'kidnap the princess' scene in seduce the villain's father.

@nobodygattaknow I think Dylan in the novel has been stacking up resentment since Emily was born, since the mother died when giving birth to her, and when Emily was the one receiving proposal from a future duke instead of the much marriageable age Dylan, it escalates. Also if you read about Miles in future chapter, it wouldn't be strange if Dylan-novel-version ended up being vile. It's quite the common setting/psychological groundwork on how the antagonist become antagonist.

Double-page supporter
This chapter hit me like a brick. I was in the same situation as the Langton's. I completely understand her feelings. I had to stop and have a good cry. I raised my sister and brother as a young child too because it was my job as an older siblings.

Aggregator gang
well Emilly is just....to damn precious of course as her big sister she would protect till her last breath! hell even some random off the street would do that...i mean look at her and her adorable "Hell yeah!" xD

Fed-Kun's army
@nikonekonya
omg I love the little sister, and how much the older sister loves her.

I wonder if in the book there was a misunderstanding between Dylan and the ML. It seems weird that she would automatically be a villain and covet her sister's husband, even after the point of being married to another man. I get the feeling that she was trying to keep her younger sister away from him as much as possible by any means necessary, and being desperate at the funeral might mean her trying to get on his good side so she can stay in contact/take care of her sisters child that was left behind.

I just don't see how someone who originally loved her sister so much she would wake up in the middle of the night to check if her younger sister was still breathing would immediately flip a shit and go boy crazy.

Same here. As much I find the characters to be great, I still don't completely get why MC in the novel and MC here is so different. I think they are supposed to be the same person but this time around she had her memories back. But she didn't get her memories back when she was a kid, we got it an "a few years back." So she was caring at a young age. So why in the novel we turned jealous? Someone else made the explanation that the novel and this timeline are actually two completely different things where people here are more real or something.

I am going to pretend that this is the same MC from the novel but she died full of regrets. So she got to relive her life to right her wrongs. But she didn't get their memories until now. That would explain the differences I guess.

Double-page supporter
I think it's entirely possible that original Dylan just went insane after her sister died and wanted to cling to anything that could remind her of Emily. She clearly cared for her a lot, both in the past and present.

Users who are viewing this thread