For Better or For Worse - Ch. 5

Here's what I'm curious about.

I highly doubt the author will go in depth of the factors in play on Dylan's little sister passing away from giving birth. I mean, one can assume one of the factors at least, given the time period this story takes place in. Is Dylan going to treat the OG story plot just a one special and unfortunate possibility and allow her little sister to start her own family with another man? Or is her disagreement going to go in highs and then die down because "Her sister's fiance is a good and rich man that has top tier doctors lined up"? How is the MC going to react to her own pregnancy?

Or maybe it'll never be mentioned again, like many isekai/reincarnation stories? I'm genuinely curious.

Aggregator gang
Emilyyyyy
Here's a lesson, never celebrate before it actually happens...You never know what might happen😔totally not saying this from experience
Also
never
interrupt
this
godly
shit

This. This is so good. I can’t 😂😂😂

Oh gosh is Emily going to run off and tell everyone the “good news”? Or will Dylan capitalize on this to force the ML’s hand? Or will the ML be the one who decides to go with the flow and keep on with his half-serious teasing??

The translator were as funny as the chapter, Speedcat always has some of the best ones! That eyebrow switch!

I am a little confused. Dylan didn't regain her memories until she was 20 right? (And she's 23 or 24) So 4 years of being aware of the novel shouldn't have changed Dylan too much.

So shouldn't 'novel' Dylan have also loved and doted upon her little sister until the ML showed up when Emily was 17? 'Novel' Dylan would have loved her sister all her life, for 17 year... why would she have been happy that Emily died and stared at the ML with lustful eyes? I feel like they might have been hateful eyes full of wanting him to die instead? Right? Maybe I'm missing something? Seems like this novel was told from the ML's POV, and well, could be a case of unreliable narrator?

@jent318 OMG you're right!!! I noticed after checking back on the previous chapters and the novel portrayed the sister as the villain when in fact, she may have been completely resentful of the ML who was cheating on her beloved little sister she took care of as if she herself was Emily's mother!!! So wouldn't this mean that the heroine (the thot) who became the Mal's lover was actually the real villain, but the author pitted the faithful older sister as the villainess??? OML THIS MAKES ME REALLY PISSED.

@jent318 she was always the reincarnated person, she just realized she was inside the novel when she was 20 cuz she read cedric's name in the newspaper, before she didn't realize she was inside the novel she used to read cuz her sister's name was never mentioned in the novel, only her appearance. So the Dylan from the novel and the current Dylan are completely different.

@jent318 thank you for this~ now i love the story more xD
Thank you for the last panel scanlation team love you all~ (๑♡∀♡๑)

The FL is irrational. I would understand a grudge if the guy actively killed her sister in the previous timeline, but you sister died due to child birth. How was he supposed to prevent that...

Dex-chan lover
I freaking love Emily.

@KenOne It's irrational, but most of her anger isn't simply her blaming the ML for her sister's death. It's more like she blames the circumstances that lead her sister to be a footnote in his life and she's doing everything she can to dissuade him from going through with the marriage.

Which leads to her taking it out on the ML, to ensure her sister doesn't get married to him, gets pregnant and dies from childbirth. He's the catalyst for those events happening so he's getting the burnt of it.

@BonFkingBon I think Dylan's coming at this from the perspective of "my sister's death was a plot device to drive the ML and FL to meet, so as long as she's no longer in that position it'll be fine." It's not the marriage so much as the pregnancy that did Emily in, but Dylan can't very well be like "don't you dare have sex with my little sister until you've met this one specific commoner girl" to Cedric. Easier to just stop the marriage from happening in the first place

It's sort of like, waking up one day and knowing that the sister you basically raised yourself would get into an accident if she went to a fun party she's been wanting to go to. Keeping her from that one specific party will definitely save her life. Could she still get into an accident the next day? Sure, but that's the uncertainty of life. She could also slip in the shower and smack her head on the tile and die that way. But in that one specific case, you know that she'll die otherwise

I do hope there's some tension about Dylan possibly dying because of The Original Novel's Plot, esp once Cedric's like "oh wow I actually fell in love with you". Something like, she keeps having increasingly ridiculous brushes with death. I'm not particularly interested in it being an "oh no I'm pregnant, I'm going to die in childbirth" thing, mostly because I think that'd be a little too angsty. Like, if I was her I'd just take some herbal concoction or engineer a blow to the stomach, but that's gonna have some serious emotional repercussions for both her and Cedric. And if she just stews and angsts about it, well, that seems a tad out of character for her

In any case, based on the summary it seems like the reincarnation/isekai'd into a novel thing is gonna stay relevant, if only for the "you say you love me now, but when you meet the FL you'll change your tune" cliche. I do hope Dylan realizes that she's changed the setup of the story, though. Because if Cedric doesn't meet the FL at his lowest point, drowning in grief and alcohol, he's not likely to fall for her

Sidenote but what you were wondering about with the
will Dylan allow her little sister to start her own family with another man
thing just made me think: what if, in the OG novel, OG Dylan was like "oh no if my sister gets pregnant she'll probably die like our mom" and so she tried to seduce Cedric to keep his carnal attentions away from Emily. And then the not going to the funeral thing would be because of her despair and guilt and what have you

Users who are viewing this thread