Forced to Become the Villainous Son-in-law

mrf

this one is good never though I will love this and the romance is quite nice

basic grammar mistake on a two-line description. I'm sure this will be good

Very odd choice of terms to use in a Chinese manhua. Sanzu river. Reiki. Robin Hood.

I liked this web comic. The MC isn’t a complete sociopath like the rest of Chinese MCs out there. Anyone knows of any Chinese transmigration manga where the transmigrator isn’t a complete asshole? I really liked that the creator seems to think the same as me, as he made the novel’s protagonist be a classic Chinese sociopathic MC.

aims to be aperfect cross between the average japanese reincarnation genre and the chinese wuxia/xianxia genre
well at least in terms of plot the pacing is too much on the chinese side aswell as the frequency of events, it could have used a bit good old japanese style slice of live as semi-fillers

so at its core its still a traditional chinese wuxia story but the reincarnated villain elements give it good seasoning
besides that well its a chinese wuxia story so plot holes are normal even ignoring the timeline for convenience sake isnt realy that much of a flaw considering how people rate chaotic sword god...

i would give it 4 stars for the traditional wuxia plus 2 for the villain reincarnation
(traditional chinese martial arts storys may not be that demanding but will mostly not reach higher than average in the grand scheme of literatur)

Did not expect it to be quite good! I hope it keeps on getting better or at least not worse

This is my first experience reading Chinese Manhua and I only lasted till Ch. 19. Take with some salt, but don't take it at all. There might still be some good chips that I didn't know about.

Recently, I read a manga that had a MC-with-a-different-yet-familiar isekai. So I came here reading and hoping for the same experience. Alas, my luck was horrid today. This manhua really killed what I felt for the other manga. To start with, a big glaring issue to me would absolutely be the pacing of the story. They open and solve and open and solve so few actions that it will bothers me. Characters get introduced and disappear if there's not enough importance to them (even though how much they make him/her look important) and not enough buildup for tension and not enough satisfaction to make me feel attached about a character. Except for the wife though she is kind of cute, props to the artist for making her exist. Moving on, the framing itself feels confined that it doesn't expose enough of the beauties of the world that this story is trying to tell, and I wish the artist could emphasise a teensy a bit on that so I can be wowed enough to keep going to see more. The MC though..... Is kind of annoying. Doing things without premade plans and explanations that seem believable enough, bothers me as he goes "here, have this now be my friend". In my opinion the character can be spiced up to be a tactician, a smart strategist on his moves rather than a "do this on the spot" kind of guy, a manipulator of secrets, sly-mouthed man who can trick you with one weakness of yours. I somehow put up with this until Ch. 19, where I ask myself "Why am I reading this?" and stopped.

Simply put, this manga is wack. It has some bits it can use to its advantage as its big shield if it heavily worked on its misshapen and kinks, but with the progress I saw in 19 chapters, I don't know if it could pull through as a good one, nor a mediocre one.

One pet peeve with these villain stories is that the original protagonist of the story doesn't act like a protagonist at all. They're never as cunning, as meticulous nor as tenacious in cultivating as actual xianxia protagonists. It's boring because the roles are just reversed and instead the protagonist acts like a young master. There's no actual mind games nor slowly gaining power in the background like so many of the wuxia protagonists usually do. The closest I've seen was history's strongest elder brother but then the type of protagonists just started being completely stupid with young master attitudes. In this story the original protagonist just acts like fodder young masters and makes up stories to get in the "villain's" way. But to be fair wuxia novels/manhua have never been the golden standard for fantasy writing

fk MC trying to act clever but he is not clever at all. this manhua is not typical rubbish manhua, but the MC is too much stupid

Users who are viewing this thread