From Another World - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
but of course, what about the girl with the weird ass family, was that canned?

Aggregator gang
hqdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
at least he got laid and his revenge? blind faith seems okayish in this instance.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the scanlations!

At first I was like "Oh, Uguisu-sensei joined the isekai bandwagon?"
Boy, it still is Uguisu-sensei, after all.

Also, at least he got laid before dying. Nice.

Phase 1 (title): It's the usual isekai stuff, based on the title
Phase 2 (chapter name) : Oh, it's a oneshot and the title kind of generic. It must be some joke about isekai stuff
Phase 3 (cover art) : Oh, it's Uguisu Sachiko
Phase 4 (author) : Yep, it's Uguisu Sachiko
Phase 5 (after reading) : Yep, it's definitely Uguisu Sachiko

Short post from Uguisu on her personal blogpost about the origins of the story: http://blog.livedoor.jp/uguisu_sachiko/archives/51892725.html

"This work was the result of me accepting an editor's request at UltraJump, who asked me if I could "Write an isekai reincarnation story", however... I have absolutely no experience reading works in this genre, so this was the ultimate result of my hard work (Laughs). From the first moment the editor saw the title his impression of the story was, "It doesn't feel like an isekai whatsoever". Hahaha, thank you very much for reading the work."

[Response to a commenter]: "It turns out that there are a lot of rules in isekai stories, like the main character being virtually invincible and such... Since I had no idea about any of this, I just wrote whatever I felt like. I've since begun reflecting on my actions. Thank you very much for reading it."

Supporter
Honestly, exactly those rules are the reason why I find the genre bullshit most of the time. invincible power fantasies make for poor story telling. This deconstruction is actually a pretty good example of what a good Isekai can be like.

Users who are viewing this thread