From Leveling Up the Hero to Leveling Up a Nation

I understand that it's censored so that you buy the volumes but fuck that shit, I'm not investing money on a subpar fantasy story especially if I'm getting big black bars everytime a somewhat frivolous scene comes up. You can hate me for not supporting the author but the greatest tactic of sales is to give out your main product for free and only charge for the add-ons, like imagine if all mobile games were pay to download instead of in-app purchases - then noone would fucking play Clash of Clans the highest grossing mobile game of all time.

Most people if the like the manga they will buy the volumes only for the cover arts and extra omakes since they would've already read the canon content, but if the main manga itself is proving irritating to read because of big black bars blocking my screen everytime you see a panty shot then no way in hell am I gonna get immersed in the experience which is detrimental for a fantasy which is supposed to cater to escapist tendencies.
Dropped 5/10, if black bars removed, 6/10 and would not buy the volumes either way

Wait, the raws are censored?
I figured it was something the translators did and we could just wait for another translation to come out, but if the raws look like this then it's probably hopeless.
That's lame.

I don't particularly care about seeing ass or whatever, but the gigantic black box is jarring and breaks immersion.
Censor-steam or mysterious shadows would both look more natural.

Fed-Kun's army
This story is kinda interesting but this mc kills it, he give me such a strongh japanese vibe. I'm not been xenophobic here, it's just that he's too smiles, too expectant of others' approval and excessively polite. I can't feel any dignity from him, sometimes I think he will just kiss the feet of some random nobody or become a NTR's mc and lose his women. I'm not into overlypassive protagonists who just takes things on his face and honestly believes it's his fate to be treated like trash and act like one.

Sorry, maybe I have read too much shitmanga and doujin with useless and limp-dick protagonists and have started to always expect the worst. Don't completely judge it based on my commentary.

BRUH CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY U GUYS KEEP SAYIN THE NTR SHT BRUH DONE WITH THAT TAG,... I DON'T SEE ANY WRONG HERE AND THE CENSOR ... sorry for caps

Banned
That's a pretty good start:

It's not "being kicked out for a stupid reason".
The MC here has indeed reached the limit of his contribution and they're separating on good terms. Just a bit bitter about leaving long time friends, but otherwise reasonable.

And it seems like he's not going to awaken to a special secret op skill.

Good thing we're avoiding two overused tropes. Now let's see how he does in a career that can make a broader use of his skills. After all, even fantasy worlds are not all about "adventurers".
Spoiler:
It's all about adventurers 😅

Fed-Kun's army
The concept is interesting but imo the execution is poor, there's not enough kingdom development most of the chapters are just boring. Imo its a scope this is more about developing a group of people instead of developing a kingdom, like there isbalmost no industry or infrastructure development, sure this may be just the beginning but with 24 chap in 2 years the pacing should be faster

Group Leader
Poor story, poor translation, poor pacing, has censorship just for the sake of annoying its readers, this is an extremely low quality manga.

Dex-chan lover
honestly the story itself is readable but the amount of censoring is a stupid amount for NO REASON so beware if you want to pick up this series.

Double-page supporter
yep, thats it. this manga is full of odd girl showing her ass to pleased the reader. im sorry, im into medium sized boobs and tight gap

The digital raws are more censored than the Manga-UP chapters.
The raws have black boxes where as Manga-UP have a smaller bright light.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
im currently reading this series on mangasee and because of which i have no idea what black bars you guys are talking about. in addition no translation butcheries like "he is always circumspect, BTW is also friendly and enthusiastic"

Dex-chan lover
Comikey must have gotten a major deal on this, because I can't think of any reason someone would want to pay for a license for this.

Dex-chan lover
Good and bad news guys. The official translations (presumably ComicKey) are uncensored, but they're also missing a lot of random pages, usually at the end of a segmented chapter.

edit: nvm, uBO blocked half of it for some random reason. Disable Cosmetic Filtering and the pages show up.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The volume version that comickey is using looks completely different to the early serialization. Also I guess those really poorly colored covers were by the fan translation group since they're omitted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread