From Overshadowed to Overpowered: Second Reincarnation of a Talentless Sage

Aggregator gang
So is this any different from the million other stories like this? I can think of 3 right off the top of my head that have this exact beginning plot, does it go anywhere interesting?

Anyone know around which chapter he will meet the girl that he saved from before?

So he doesn't have a ranked crest or inferior eyes, but he's colorless/compatibility-less like the World Teacher, except it doesn't limit him from using elemental magic. He's reincarnated more than once and he retains his previous exp because the goddess fancies him or something. He doesn't merge with a pre-existing person like that one spirit magician or the guy who was born with two additional souls from Japan, but he still managed to beat a grizzled, former general in combat to pass an early entrance exam. Hmm, what else?

There are too many "the MC is weak but actually extremely overpowered since the start". What's the point of making a weakness or a limit if you are just going to ignore it at the start of the story?

And on that matter this story is not just cliche on most of it world building and the protagonist being as bland as any other OP MC, it's also just boring as there is nothing special about this manga at all.

The only good point of this manga is the art. I am so sad an artist has to waste it's time on this.

1/10

Dex-chan lover
This is like the 3rd or 4th "Mc reincarnated but the magic has stagnated in the hundreds of years since he died" story I've come across this year.

Dex-chan lover
@pizzapicante27 yeah, they need to be a little more specific on things or stop copying each other because there are good isekais. Just wondering if this one will turn into school life crap for a while which I really don't care for. Few school life isekais are good. demon king iruma the kind is the only one I have enjoyed

This one is bad. The MC is quite the man-child and lack any sort of mental resilience that would come with age, let alone living for the 4th time.
I love isekai, and I am fully aware on how awful isekai can and generally is. And I tell you, this one is a step bellow.

As much as I like some isekai manga, the descriptions are getting more and more like they're copy/paste, even if they aren't. The reincarnating twice really throws me off on this one.

Group Leader
I just realized this is the same author as the one where the hero goes back to Earth and starts training Chunni girls (who aren't really Chunni).

He also did this one which is interesting, of a guy who saves his childhood friend... but in the process loses 6 months of memories, including when they started dating: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6197fo/

But that apparently isn't going to stop her from getting him to date her again. (Or alternately, she's decided to try and trick him into thinking they were dating because he wouldn't confess? Not sure.)

Users who are viewing this thread