Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Ughhhhh... I can't even know where to start. I'm gonna make my brain send some endorphins instead.

To all of you that thinks that this is the dad fault. Then you are partly right but partly wrong. This situation wouldn't happened if the MC did not crossdress in the first place.

Aggregator gang
Lmao to people being all like WELL ACTUALLY TECHNICALLY IF MOGUMO DIDNT EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN-

Banned
I agree with @LemonSquezy. But wasn't he forced to wear girl clothing by his mom or something? At an early age?

If he grew up like that it's no wonder he's confused by his gender. Along with a father who probably verbally abused him with gender ideals.

And to think people still want to call him "trans".

Early family abuse that results in mental confusion should be undone, not celebrated.

Fed-Kun's army
@smolbaka What are you talking about? As recently as last chapter Mogumo said that as a kid they wanted cute clothes, hair ties, etc. but their parents only gave them to Sakura. In chapter 10, we saw Mogumo's mother say when Mogumo was a little kid that she hoped that liking "cute things" was just a phase. It seems clear that Mogumo wasn't "forced" to do anything; they wanted to, and did it actively against the desires of their parents, especially their father.

Also the most recent volume's character intro page literally refers to Mogumo as Xジェンダー, or X-Gender, a Japanese word for non-binary people. Mogumo is rather unambiguously a non-binary trans person.

Fed-Kun's army
As an FYI the next chapter is going to be released in August. Per the announcement on Medu, the author is having health problems and is taking some time to recover.

Dex-chan lover
God the dad is a raging asshole. If he fucked off that would make things easier I think.

And these comments are still wild to me, especially 20 chapters into a manga like this.

Mogumo is not just a "cross-dresser." They are non-binary. People going out of their way to use male pronouns for them...why.

the real culprit here is patriarchy and capitalism manifesting through the character of the father. even though the dad isn't gilt free, we should keep in mind that particular issues can be instances of institutional dominations.

Parents are all to blame. The father for not being able to accept that his son is different, the mother for not facing the father. And my position on gender is that it's stupid. What matters is which reproductive organ you were born with. What you like to do and with whom is your problem. And about wanting to be called by a non-binary pronoun, you can't make everyone do it. If you want to be called that way, you could do it with your close people and your family.

Dex-chan lover
Father issues from highly imposed gender roles. Oof. This sort of explains the eating disorder. She's so focused on maintaining the illusion of femininity that she bought into the idea that she shouldn't be eating anything to stay "petite". I mean, can't even play a sport? Next you're gonna tell me she's required to fail math too.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man, that father is horrible. Imposing his views upon their children. What is the problem that Sakura likes playing soccer? Why does it matter that Mogumo doesn't recognize themself as a man? His attitude is horrible and I do hope Mogumo completely breaks contact with their family. Sakura should consider it too. Both kids deserve better.

Imagine reading a manga literally about trans/nonbinary characters and then...not accepting them as trans/nonbinary and purposely misgendering them/saying they shouldnt be themself.

Like...what the hell are you even doing here? It's like someone who doesn't like volleyball at all complaining about volleyball while reading Haikyuu.

It's the most confusing thing I think I've ever seen. There are like a million different manga out there and you are reading something you dont agree/accept?

Double-page supporter
this family is fucked up not in an interesting way but in a really frustrating way. wish there was more to the dad than "mah conventional hetero-normative gender roles." i mean, like even give him some reason, like he's Christian or something. that would be an interesting situation to see in a Japanese work. of course, in real life, bigots are inherently irrational, but still that doesn't make it necessarily compelling writing in fiction

@guilyom based

Now I understand sister better. Parents are afraid that their daughter will become like her brother, and that's why they push her even more to be feminine. Although she does things that are not necessarily a sign of gender dysphoria, the father already presupposes that she could become like his brother. It is really admirable (and sad) that she endures all that, while Ryuu only run away.

Users who are viewing this thread