Fukushuu wo Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
but he do knows that what he does is morally wrong
Morals are subjective. Knowing what he does isn't 'good' (based on the perception of the majority) is not the same as admitting he is 'wrong' (personal perception). Good/evil and right/wrong are two entirely separate axes. They are also scales, i.e. 'not good' is not automatically 'evil'. There are shades of grey between.

He never once stated 'I am wrong/evil'. He stated that he despises "having a sense of justice". You claim he's better because he knows he's wrong. You need to prove that he actually admits being wrong, by his own moral standards. All I've seen is a man following his own twisted moral code, i.e. a man who believes he's in the right. In his code, revenge > justice. So, nothing he does is wrong, by that code.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone I'm kinda confused, I never said that he believes that he's wrong, I said that he "understands" that it is "morally wrong" which is shown when he admits to the ghost/Hallucination of his sister that she would not approve of. If he did not understand that he wouldn't say that. I do quite agree that he doesn't even question the things he is doing even understanding that by standard definition it is evil. As you said he scoffs at things like Justice. And as I said he's only "barely better", he is still evil as fuck. Both Protagonist and his Targets are very black on the Moral scale here.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
If he "understands" that he is "morally wrong", he admits to being wrong. How can he know he's wrong, if he doesn't believe he's wrong? Admitting that someone would not approve of what you do is not the same as thinking it's wrong. It's just a difference of opinion. I know some of my friends and family think I'm fucking stupid for playing videogames, but that doesn't mean I think I'm wrong to do so.

Edited for grammar.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone Actually that's exactly my point. You know people don't approve of you playing Games but you don't agree, He understands that by Standard Definition of the Word what he does is considered "Wrong" .... He doesn't agree and so he goes and feeds a Guy his own Children for Dinner. Kinda different scale I know.
His Targets don't even do that, the Princess for example has no understanding that what she did could have been in any way wrong for example because she's the Princess. The Guy who he feed his children to screamed at him what a monster he is despite the many innocent people he hunted for sport and ate.
Frankly as I mentioned he is only better because so far (at least as far as we know) he avoided killing People who aren't his targets and that his targets are as terrible as he is if not more so but that's better in the sense that drowning is a slightly better death than burning alive, both suck in the end.

That line about how researchers are only able to fight with their brains because of soldiers rings so friggin true. I mean you have tons of people who hate their government for spending on their military while there are people from other countries who hate their government because it can't protect them from other countries. Like dude, you're able to have the capacity to do useless shit like complain because you don't have to be on the battlefield and fight due to your country having a strong military.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
One slight problem. The people in his world don't consider what he does as wrong, only his targets are wrong. He hasn't done anything that the people in power, i.e. the ones who decide 'right' and 'wrong', hasn't already done. He doesn't believe he's doing wrong, and his actions are 'normal'. So what is there to "understand"?

Also, I was finally able to load the chapter you mentioned, with his sister. Not even once does it mention her not approving. She doesn't even talk, and Raoul only states what he did and will do, and why (pure revenge). It doesn't even allude to the morality of the whole thing, it just states facts about Raoul.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, this is getting boring and more so less intriguing... Hope the MC doesn't go on Monologuing throughout the manga... but i doubt that.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone I just reread it too, scratch a big part of my comment then. And while I do believe you have a point I think Moral Subjectivism is a rather ... fickle thing. I argued with Virtue Ethics as base for my argument but the Theories of Morality are a thing that smarter people than me discuss for hours though so let's not. Considering my argument was build on the fact that he acknowledged it and it turns out I remembered wrong it doesn't really matter anyway since I was wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
I wouldn't say your whole argument was wrong, just kinda worded wrong. Like you, I do believe he knows somewhere deep inside that he's wrong, regardless of the manga showing it or not. It's just that 'understanding' kinda requires belief or acknowledgement and he wouldn't, couldn't, admit it to himself yet still do it. His insanity builds on him being 'right' in his vengance.

I just get stuck arguing technicalities; it's a flaw of mine.

He has yet to kill a decent human being. So far those he killed and harmed were all trash. Nothing wrong with the MC, especially considering what he went through. Some people would've done worse.

Dex-chan lover
Cartoonishly irredeemable villains who commit unspeakably horrific acts on innocent people while smiling smugly and thinking they're superior die horrific deaths at the hands of our untouchably powerful MC, repeat ad infinitum

Dex-chan lover
Isn't a supersoldier serum that makes your soldiers explode after 15 minutes kind of useless? Or is it more intended to be used on enemy soldiers to cause mayhem in their ranks?

Double-page supporter
"Prepare for your examination"
~Some crazy german doctor that lost his medical license

So his friends turned into berserks and self destructed after 15 minutes and he didn't suspect anything.
Okay seems legit

I mean between 5000 foot soldiers or just 50 enhanced soldiers casualties for a victory which one would be more merciful and humane ? I personally believe it would be the latter
These researchers did nothing wrong

Would have been better to turn half into berserkers and then let them hunt down the other half while they try to escape.

dropped, not enough plot and not enough torture. i can think up 100 ways more cruel and satisfying than this, maybe even more considering this is a world with magic.

This arc is boring the shit out of me. I want to see home fuck with the Princess more.

Users who are viewing this thread