Funimation Leaks.

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars

I post the leaks
It concerning funimation and there VA’s. The whole situation is complicated. Personally it reminds me of DBZ abridged. But with the whole controversy with the VA’s tweets, firing personnel and this coming to light. I’m going to wait and see what happens. Also major media outlets have caught wind of this so I don’t think funimation will walk away unscathed.

Here it is, warning for language. I’m just posting it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3XFe2TdCgo

Double-page supporter
From ign
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/30/funimation-leaked-recordings-allegedly-reveal-dragon-ball-z-cast-making-homophobic-incest-jokes?amp=1

Dex-chan lover
@Jordan_Weeberson

That would be the case. People blow off steam and say stuff, heck many VA’s do similar things. Full Metal Alchemist had a gag reel of the lines from the VA’s.

While we’re on it Thunder Cats has a hilarious gag reel from the VA’s

FMA’s Outtakes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3aFPN2dEOA

Thunder Cats Outakes
[ulr]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftU5GfORvH8[/ulr]

So with it I’m not too surprised. But with the whole funimation lawsuit and all it’s all bad timing for the leak. So some are taking sides. All I know is that right now it’s a circus show right now.

Its just the voice actors reading fanfics or whatever. Original actors always make fanfics better when they read em in the chars voices

Oh, I get the context now, I read through walls of reddit text on the subject. Yeah, this is bound to tick some people off, if I get some details wrong go ahead and correct me in posts below, this is some unbelievably weird shet.

Apparently these Funimation voice actors who made these homophobic and disgusting sex jokes were the ones who kept harassing Vic Mignona and getting him banned from conventions and finally got him fired for his terrible sexual creepy conduct over a jelly bean (? Wut? Not so clear on that part. ). So Vic Mignona then files a lawsuit against these Funimation guys.

Then recently, Chuck Huber filed a Legal document in court accusing Christopher Sabat, the Voice actor of Vegata, for requesting Sexual favors to give voice acting jobs to people. You don't file Legal documents if there isn't a lot of proof for this so it's likely Christopher Sabat is every bit as sexually creepy as Vic Mignona.

This leaked Voice clip came out at the worst time, it is like finding out one of the leaders of #Me Too molested a teenage boy (that actually happened in real life so yay...? ) and then joke voice skits were found where she was saying "she liked licking the boys" and found them "attractively sexy". Like, the guys put themselves on a moral pedestal and ruined someone's life over misconduct, but it turns out they themselves were guilty of similar misconduct.

Wooooooowwww, I got nothing, such Drama. There was even something in there about Animenewsnetwork spam reporting against Vic Mignona and falsifying evidence, while refusing to report on the leaked funimation audio despite everyone else reporting it so definitely a MAX DRAMA thing.

Mirror for Funimation leaked voice audio in question in case the other one gets taken down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJr0qj7_Jk

Dex-chan lover
Seems like people joking around which shouldn't be taken offensively but if this in any way helps Vic then I'm glad these were leaked.

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars

A lot of the information you posted is correct. The jellybean story was a stupid tale involving him with one of his accusers where he made a off color joke. Basically the accuser wrote her name on a jellybean he ate it and kind of said: ‘ I guess I ate this person.’Comes off like a bad dad joke.

The thing though about the case was a lot of allegations to Vic conduct were unsubstantiated and falsified. Such as you had stories from pretty ugly little liars website. Or the Vic horror stories blog post. Also to not forget the ANN fake story with the photo of him embracing a fan. Where the fan came out of the woodworks with the actual photo and stated I asked him to hug me in a picture. This whole situation is a drama bombshell

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

I’m surprised it took this long. The other VA’s involved were shouting nonsense for the longest time. Well Toei will not be happy with all of this information. Let’s see what happens.

So a bunch of jealous psychos claim Vic, who makes more money and is more famous than them, is a sexual abuser, he takes them to court for defamation and now every single skeleton is coming out of their closets. So we have a man who does couch casting and another who beat his 2nd ex-wife, has a restraining order against him, was found guilty of abusing his ex-wife and also has threaten to kill his 2 ex-wives, his son, the 2nd ex-wife dog and a judge's son. What a shitshow, we only need to discover another one is a pedophile.

Regardless of what happens in court all these people are marked for death, they are not going to have a stable job for long.

This would be a hell of a lot more shocking if it was audio from Mister Rodgers Neighborhood. But this is Toei/Funimation. The first time Goku meets Bulma he flips up her skirt and looks for a tail. Half the early Dragon Ball series contains atleast one instance of Goku naked per episode. Then Gohan is the one whos naked when trained by Piccolo.

*edit*

Its the same as my grandmothers problem with the whole ME TOO! movement and all the Weinstein/whoeverelseiscrucified. "It wasnt a secret. Everybody knew the way to get ahead in hollywood was to sleep with those in charge or kill somebody for those in charge. Only thing different between then and now is the internet and smart phones and macbooks lets people get angry over every little entitled twit." "Theyre guilty of doing the exact same thing that others do every day." "Damnit why isnt the channel changing (pressing buttons on the phone instead of the tv remote)"

Dex-chan lover
Boy, don't you just love living in a time where gossip, Twitter posts, slurs and workplace arguments have become legally relevant to an unprecedent degree?

At least it was Funimation this happened at so, frankly, who cares. Par for the course, really.

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars

That’s up to you to decide. Funimation is a company is an American entertainment company that specializes in the dubbing and distribution of foreign content, most notably anime. Funimation is one of the leading distributors of anime and other foreign entertainment properties in North America. Funimation is currently owned by Sony Pictures Television.

Think what you will on subs/dubs. I don’t care, listen to what you want or prefer. So no debate from me. The thing is funimation as a company is just strange. They do some strange things from the VA’s to the dubs. It not the first time they experienced controversies before.

Here some of there dubs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9B8VL4xDk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA

I feels like they want to push an agenda.

With the recent leaks it more than just damage control. It’s a whole timeline from January, this is just adding fuel to the fire. Some of the way the VA’s acted on social media was messed up. Especially now that we know that Funimation had a code of ethics where people are required to act a certain way. But from Vic fellow employees it can be said their not really following those guidelines.

That’s my spiel.

Double-page supporter
What can I say... GROW UP FFS! Then you wouldn't get butthurt over random jokes :/

Edit: I really miss early-2k when nobody cared about racist/sexual jokes. Good old times...

Contributor
A bunch of young men telling dirty jokes among themselves is news now?

Fuck this world.

Oh god.

Apparently funimation built a reputation as LGBTQ friendly, so those homophobic voice clips are even worse in context than I thought.

So that voice clip was essentially them giving the middle finger to their LGBTQ and gay supporters.
No wonder the drama is still going.

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz
You mean back in the day when comedy was still comedy and no one gave a flying fuck if it insulted some random ass person? Yeah I miss those days too.

Group Leader
@Xzayer It's funny and infuriating at the same time that they publicly push this agenda while violating it privately,
a sign of guilty conscience like few others.
Indeed it is true that "social justice", like patriotism, is the last refuge for scoundrels
(sometimes even the first, like Ambrose Bierce said)

Users who are viewing this thread