Futaribeya - Vol. 6 Ch. 49.5 - Bonus 1: An Earring for Skin That Doesn't Get Cold

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is the most overtly sexual thus far in the series, but it's focussed on secondary characters who were only recently introduced. I guess that handling the subject in this way insulated the two principal characters, should readers prove to want them to continue to be treated as less sexual creatures.

Aggregator gang
I'm actually waiting for author to declares the two main charas as a real couple.
I mean, I'm 100% sure Sakurako has romantic feeling to her but Kasumi seems pretty nonchalant about their relationship and it makes me unsure whether there's romantic relationship between them.

At least I want something like declaration of love from Kasumi gdi…… **cries**

Contributor
Was hoping she wouldn't get together with the girl whose idea of getting to know people is sleeping around, but knew she would.

Dex-chan lover
When you realized the 2 main characters are still not dating yet...

God Sakurako just bang Kasumi already >…<

Dex-chan lover
@theskrie
Her reason was awful too. "I wanted to get with her before she got bored of me!" That doesn't exactly sound like it's built to last.
The whole idea of being with someone who treats intimacy so trivially doesn't sound very enduring in the first place, but that reasoning even less so. Now when Moka loses interest she won't even have the sense of vindication at having seen it coming and rejected her.

You gotta realize, in the real world most relationships do start with such an ambiguous reason. Just because I like your face, you were cute so I wanted to go out, I like talking with you and being with you so sure let's go out, we're compatible in bed so might as well keep it going, etc, etc.

The reasoning behind why they got together may be whatever, it doesn't have to be a fairy tale love story, what matters most is how they spend their time AFTER they start going out together, because that's what ruins relationships. False expectations, fabricated misconceptions, the idea that you know "Everything" about the other just to then get "betrayed", all of these are reasons why the relationship falls off. While on the other hand, you may start with something as frivolous as "I want them to stay with me, so I'm gonna lock them up while I can" and still spend a lifetime with that partner.

Love is complex and unique, hence why its so precious.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually waiting for author to declares the two main charas as a real couple.
I mean, I'm 100% sure Sakurako has romantic feeling to her but Kasumi seems pretty nonchalant about their relationship and it makes me unsure whether there's romantic relationship between them.

At least I want something like declaration of love from Kasumi gdi…… **cries**

Ikr, a lot of people said they already are like a married couple so it's normal that they don't any progress at all and the fact that Kasumi is nonchalant in this relation but to me it feel a bit underwhelming because the more it progress the more i feel like Kasumi use Sakurako do to everything like a maid . I don't ask to have Kasumi being all lovey dovey all of a sudden but i want at least feel like Sakurako mean more to Kasumi than just someone who does everything. Also correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember Kasumi and Sakurako doing something just the 2 of them.

As for the chapter itself, it feel nice that Moka actually care a bit about Koruri because so far it seem that Moka was a butterfly who go from flower to flower and see her act more calm is refreshing.

PS : excuse me if my english is bad, that's not my mother tongue.

Dex-chan lover
I know a lot of you forget/Don't notice because it's so casual but Kasumi is quite openly affectionate with Sakurako. Their relationship is like this: Kasumi initiates Sakurako escalates. It's more than that but that's the gist of it.

Reactions: GK
Double-page supporter
Just as phoenixir said. Kasumi is alwasy chill about it but she does display affection, and quite openly at that.
I think that what stumps most people is that several steps have been skipped entirely in their relationship, they started as a married couple right from the get go, somewhat as a joke, and before anyone realized it, the joke wasn't one anymore. With the start of volume 2, Sakurako went into cruise speed and started her genki lovestruck stalker mode that eclipsed all of Kasumi's subtle actions of love.

Dex-chan lover
ahh, classic side couple having more development than the main one.

Wait, I also did make the same comment before.

Dex-chan lover
I just can't get into this couple. They're so boring. It's the same trope couple you find in so many other yuri stories: The confident light-haired girl who's always smiling and always takes the lead, and the insecure, timid dark-haired girl who, to heap an extra trope on top, lost her mother. What was so great about Futaribeya was that it didn't do those kinds of tropes. Kasumi and Sakurako are some of the most innovative characters not just in manga but in any kind of fiction. And any of the other characters are more interesting than Moka and Ruriko. I want to read more about Fujiko and Hinako and Shoujo and Seri and Asuza and her friend. It's like the publisher got scared when they allowed Yukiko to continue the manga through college and stipulated that she had to focus heavily on a new couple that had to obey the tropes.

Dex-chan lover
Sakurako Spiral File 49 addendum: Looks like Koruri and Moka hooked up. Good for them!

Dex-chan lover
Bro i mean i like this couple but come the fuck on everyone except our main pair the only ones i really care about have progress.

But then again would Sakurako so happily congratualate them if she wasnt going out with Kasumi herself ? She'd at least try to talk Kasumi into it I'd guess but her lack of that kind of tells us theyre dating ? Nah fuck that cmon author you piece of shit.

Well glad for you Ruri trusting Moka like that she is a nice girl even if she does feel pretty flighty, hopefully she wont cheat on you.

@Pachka84 lol i knew it i thought it was weird that you hadnt gone on one of your rants bro lol.

Dex-chan lover
@JustCallMeDaBoss

Yeah. Their rants make me laugh a lot even if I find them pretty reasonable. Actually, this is only the second yuri manga I've find them showing actual apreciation for. It was way too cute to read their reactions.

Anyway. Sakurako and Kasumi are obviously dating at this point. They have been at it for a while, and author just likes to have us hanging while keeping everything pretty ambiguous.

I won't be surprised if it is later revealed that they were already banging by this point.

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu

I mean they sleep and bathe together i think its pretty clear theyre banging lol i just dont get why the author doesnt want to outright say it ?

Welp its fine i guess this is a case of show dont tell, we all know whats going on cuz we've seen it and they do have some pretty obvious relationship moments.

Still id like that they outright say it cuz i think its an important moment we're you're both declaring that you will be each others partner and making it clear you want to monopolize them, id think Sakurako especially with her yandere tendencies would like that, and well im not saying i dont trust Kasumi but her "fuck it" way of life would make me sweat bullets lol.

Well i also just enjoy finding Pachkas rants as a funny meme nowdays but sadly idk if he really is just a very dedicated guy going for a meme or hes actually insane, and i think its more of the latter cuz his argument here is extremely stupid and irrelevant cuz we're in a manga with an outgoing, happy black haired girl and a lazy, unmotivated, light hair girl, so yeah his usual argument is non existence here.

Still its like finding a 4 leaf clover encountering him, it always brings a smile to my face, hes also fucking everywhere somehow lol.

Users who are viewing this thread