Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Vol. 10 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
Shiori's already done her part and confessed. She's not the type to get in the way of someone else's feelings, and she's proven that by not even letting Jirou confess. I think only thing left for her to do is to find out that Jirou actually tried confessing to her years ago and that she unintentionally blew it off.
"Unintentionally". Strong doubts on that one. Shiori was going to leave his company permanently; the atmosphere had enough gravitas to make clear the fact that anything said would be important. Jirou, being Jirou, had to summon the courage to tell her something clearly important; anyone could tell that he had something big to say, but women especially--they have a sixth sense for this sort of thing, given how strongly emotional women are by nature. When he finally got it out, Shiori cut him off: Shiori's definitely not the (extrovert) type to interrupt people the way she interrupted Jirou that day...but she stopped him in that kind of atmosphere, in the middle of something clearly important, to utter those words specifically.

Shiori is only interested because she has competition.

That aside, there are those who think Shiori's answering that phone is fine for the sake of returning it to its owner. What they are ignoring is context: the justification used is that it would help the finder return the phone to an unknown and completely unrelated individual--but that's not the case, here. The phone was obviously left by someone in that school, in that classroom that day; for all Shiori knew, it was someone she knew (and it was). At worst, it could have been someone in another class; because that'd narrow down the potential number of owners (from everyone in the region to just that classroom at best/that school at worst), Shiori needed only turn it in to the teacher or whomever would run the lost-and-found (the teacher would probably take it there himself) and let the natural order of things run its course. Her picking up the call wasn't necessary--it was foolishly impulsive.

Dex-chan lover
"Unintentionally". Strong doubts on that one. Shiori was going to leave his company permanently; the atmosphere had enough gravitas to make clear the fact that anything said would be important. Jirou, being Jirou, had to summon the courage to tell her something clearly important; anyone could tell that he had something big to say, but women especially--they have a sixth sense for this sort of thing, given how strongly emotional women are by nature. When he finally got it out, Shiori cut him off: Shiori's definitely not the (extrovert) type to interrupt people the way she interrupted Jirou that day...but she stopped him in that kind of atmosphere, in the middle of something clearly important, to utter those words specifically.

Shiori is only interested because she has competition.

That aside, there are those who think Shiori's answering that phone is fine for the sake of returning it to its owner. What they are ignoring is context: the justification used is that it would help the finder return the phone to an unknown and completely unrelated individual--but that's not the case, here. The phone was obviously left by someone in that school, in that classroom that day; for all Shiori knew, it was someone she knew (and it was). At worst, it could have been someone in another class; because that'd narrow down the potential number of owners (from everyone in the region to just that classroom at best/that school at worst), Shiori needed only turn it in to the teacher or whomever would run the lost-and-found (the teacher would probably take it there himself) and let the natural order of things run its course. Her picking up the call wasn't necessary--it was foolishly impulsive.
"to utter those words specifically".

I actually rewatched the episode because of this as well as read the manga where that happened (ep 2 15:32, ch4 pg12). First of all, from Jirou's perspective, that felt like an interruption as he was about to confess, but if you imagine that Shiori had her own piece she wanted to say as well and she was anxious about it, it's easy to interpret that it's one of those "you go first, no, you go first" scenes except Shiori didn't even hear that Jirou was about to say something. Secondly, as for the words she said, I guess it just FELT really bad because I could easily relate to that happening and I would personally feel like it was a rejection, and henceforth remembering it worse than it really was. But if you go back to what she said, it could very well just be an attempt to just maintain their connection even after they separated, and maybe that's the best Shiori could do at the time.

"Shiori is only interested because she has competition."

That's demonstratively incorrect seeing Shiori that way, especially considering what she did afterwards where she REALLY stopped Jirou's incoming rejection after finding out that he may have feelings for Akari. If she really was a selfish bitch, she never would have done that and could have had Jirou as hers if she didn't stop him.

As for the whole phone thing, unless you've already read what happens next (and I haven't), this is just somebody answering a phone that seems to have been lost. There was nothing neither "foolish" about it nor "impulsive". I myself found a phone one time. Someone called almost immediately. I picked it up and found out it was the owner. We met that day and gave it back to her. That's how it can go sometimes (unless of course you want to keep the phone for yourself). So you may be seeing too much too far ahead into the situation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Uhhhh no….Shiori doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell at this point. The writing has been on the wall for Akari for a while now, it’s not a question of who, it’s when
Yeah it's clear currently where the wind is blowing, but then again, using your own words, the writing may be on the wall, but the writing isn't finished yet. Honestly, and unfortunately, I can easily see another 100 chapters after this if the author wants to stretch this out. And if I was the author and I wanted to change the direction of the wind, it would only take about 30 chapters to do that and completely 180 the general consensus and opinion about the two girls.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of Shiori haters which I honestly don't understand why, because I still remember clear as day when Shiori was the very person who clearly saved the Akari x Jirou ship from sinking and maybe even saved this manga altogether. Re-read chapters 42-43, guys.

Last edited:
for anyone who is impatient like me, someone translated and posted chapter 60 on reddit

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it's clear currently where the wind is blowing, but then again, using your own words, the writing may be on the wall, but the writing isn't finished yet. Honestly, and unfortunately, I can easily see another 100 chapters after this if the author wants to stretch this out. And if I was the author and I wanted to change the direction of the wind, it would only take about 30 chapters to do that and completely 180 the general consensus and opinion about the two girls.
Akari was always the end game girl, the odds of the creator completely flipping on the entire mangas build up is so absurdly low it’s not worth mentioning

And this isn’t me being a Shiori hater or anything, she just never had a chance

Dex-chan lover
I'm the same as you. I really believe and want Akari as the end girl. But if I've learned anything about the thousands of manga in the past as well as the dozens of new manga coming in per week, there's a lot of precedent for anything to happen.

Aggregator gang
the only thing i hate about this manga... especially when left in a cliff hanger like this is the waiting for another chapter to be released

Girl you do not just pick up someone else’s phone call. That’s just not ok, especially if the phone call is from your love rival to the person you love.
Nah. She doesn’t know whose phone it is. It’s reasonable to answer the phone call, so you can ask the caller who the owner is. It is okay in this case, she also knows the caller.

Dex-chan lover
"to utter those words specifically".

I actually rewatched the episode because of this as well as read the manga where that happened (ep 2 15:32, ch4 pg12). First of all, from Jirou's perspective, that felt like an interruption as he was about to confess, but if you imagine that Shiori had her own piece she wanted to say as well and she was anxious about it, it's easy to interpret that it's one of those "you go first, no, you go first" scenes except Shiori didn't even hear that Jirou was about to say something. Secondly, as for the words she said, I guess it just FELT really bad because I could easily relate to that happening and I would personally feel like it was a rejection, and henceforth remembering it worse than it really was. But if you go back to what she said, it could very well just be an attempt to just maintain their connection even after they separated, and maybe that's the best Shiori could do at the time.

"Shiori is only interested because she has competition."

That's demonstratively incorrect seeing Shiori that way, especially considering what she did afterwards where she REALLY stopped Jirou's incoming rejection after finding out that he may have feelings for Akari. If she really was a selfish bitch, she never would have done that and could have had Jirou as hers if she didn't stop him.

As for the whole phone thing, unless you've already read what happens next (and I haven't), this is just somebody answering a phone that seems to have been lost. There was nothing neither "foolish" about it nor "impulsive". I myself found a phone one time. Someone called almost immediately. I picked it up and found out it was the owner. We met that day and gave it back to her. That's how it can go sometimes (unless of course you want to keep the phone for yourself). So you may be seeing too much too far ahead into the situation.

To preface my answer, I'm going by the manga--the source material; I find anime adaptations can take liberties with the story. The anime adaptation has no relevance here, in addition.

Whether from Jirou's perspective or not, that was an interruption--an uncharacteristically forward action for Shiori. In that situation, there was nothing to imagine as you could see Shiori's demeanor easily--her smile was bright, and her action was clear and (as I said) unusually forward (with rudeness being an implication). She did have the opportunity to continue speaking upon answering Jirou's question, but only chose to speak when he had begun speaking in reply. Nothing about her appearance there suggested anxiety (unlike Jirou), and someone with the kind of character we've been led to believe Shiori possesses--when anxious--would not cut someone else off and pretend not to have done so. Look at that page: Jirou and Shiori were more than just in earshot of each other--they couldn't have had more than a few inches between their nearer shoulders; there's no way Shiori didn't hear him begin to speak unless she's severely hard of hearing, and the author made no indications whatsoever that she is. There were no indications that the locale was noisy, either. The hypothetical scenario of awkward nervousness you presented didn't happen and was nowhere near happening--at least on Shiori's part. To reiterate: if she had something to say, why didn't she say it when she had the chance, and not when Jirou was speaking?

To be fair, the words Jirou managed to get out did not explicitly reveal his interest in her. But here's where extrapolation can be performed easily: why did Shiori choose exactly that moment to do something so uncharacteristically forward (not only is she demure, she's also polite--as far as I was aware)?

Regarding what you said about Shiori stopping "Jirou's incoming rejection" (did you mean "confession"?), feel free to tell me where that happened--I do not remember, and would like to reread it. That said, it means little: all her depictions indicate that she's interested in Jirou--her stance, however subdued (to the point of being hidden), directly opposes Akari's desire to keep Jirou to herself. In that very same chapter, she looked crestfallen that Jirou seemed to be getting on well with Akari; as a result, one could say her interest was there since her reappearance--some would say that it was always there. Well, then, that goes right back to the original question: if she was always so interested, why did she not show any sign of it in the past? When she was in that heavy atmosphere with Jirou, why was the only thing that came to her mind "friendship"? Wouldn't she want to lock him down properly if she was going to disappear from his everyday life, and had such feelings? (Perhaps exchange phone numbers, as opposed to ensuring Jirou stays her "friend"?) And in that atmosphere, why is it that she--though women are perceptive about this sort of thing--chose not to hear what Jirou wanted to say? (Do note that she didn't even ask afterward about what she knowingly interrupted.) Why is it only now--now, with Jirou now in the company of another girl--that she appears to be romantically affected at all by him?

Regarding the phone matter, you said it yourself:

"That's how it can go sometimes."

That's right--sometimes. You didn't know that it was the owner calling that phone that day. You didn't know how the owner would react to someone receiving calls on that phone. You didn't know whether the caller was one the owner would not have wanted anyone to see. You didn't know whether the phone carried readily accessible confidential information or not. None of these were the case, of course, but the point is that you didn't know, and neither did Shiori. That situation could have easily gone pear-shaped--hence "impulsive" (she picked it up because she recognized the name--she's just opened a can of worms) and "foolish" (she had no idea just how much more trouble she could have gotten into than what we know she just potentially created for herself). The wise thing to do would be to hand it over to the teacher or lost & found, as I said--easily done, as it was in school. What she did was written by the author instead for drama because it was foolishly impulsive; the alternative would leave no room for drama, and this manga is primarily of the drama genre.

Dex-chan lover
To preface my answer, I'm going by the manga--the source material; I find anime adaptations can take liberties with the story. The anime adaptation has no relevance here, in addition.

Whether from Jirou's perspective or not, that was an interruption--an uncharacteristically forward action for Shiori. In that situation, there was nothing to imagine as you could see Shiori's demeanor easily--her smile was bright, and her action was clear and (as I said) unusually forward (with rudeness being an implication). She did have the opportunity to continue speaking upon answering Jirou's question, but only chose to speak when he had begun speaking in reply. Nothing about her appearance there suggested anxiety (unlike Jirou), and someone with the kind of character we've been led to believe Shiori possesses--when anxious--would not cut someone else off and pretend not to have done so. Look at that page: Jirou and Shiori were more than just in earshot of each other--they couldn't have had more than a few inches between their nearer shoulders; there's no way Shiori didn't hear him begin to speak unless she's severely hard of hearing, and the author made no indications whatsoever that she is. There were no indications that the locale was noisy, either. The hypothetical scenario of awkward nervousness you presented didn't happen and was nowhere near happening--at least on Shiori's part. To reiterate: if she had something to say, why didn't she say it when she had the chance, and not when Jirou was speaking?

To be fair, the words Jirou managed to get out did not explicitly reveal his interest in her. But here's where extrapolation can be performed easily: why did Shiori choose exactly that moment to do something so uncharacteristically forward (not only is she demure, she's also polite--as far as I was aware)?

Regarding what you said about Shiori stopping "Jirou's incoming rejection" (did you mean "confession"?), feel free to tell me where that happened--I do not remember, and would like to reread it. That said, it means little: all her depictions indicate that she's interested in Jirou--her stance, however subdued (to the point of being hidden), directly opposes Akari's desire to keep Jirou to herself. In that very same chapter, she looked crestfallen that Jirou seemed to be getting on well with Akari; as a result, one could say her interest was there since her reappearance--some would say that it was always there. Well, then, that goes right back to the original question: if she was always so interested, why did she not show any sign of it in the past? When she was in that heavy atmosphere with Jirou, why was the only thing that came to her mind "friendship"? Wouldn't she want to lock him down properly if she was going to disappear from his everyday life, and had such feelings? (Perhaps exchange phone numbers, as opposed to ensuring Jirou stays her "friend"?) And in that atmosphere, why is it that she--though women are perceptive about this sort of thing--chose not to hear what Jirou wanted to say? (Do note that she didn't even ask afterward about what she knowingly interrupted.) Why is it only now--now, with Jirou now in the company of another girl--that she appears to be romantically affected at all by him?

Regarding the phone matter, you said it yourself:

"That's how it can go sometimes."

That's right--sometimes. You didn't know that it was the owner calling that phone that day. You didn't know how the owner would react to someone receiving calls on that phone. You didn't know whether the caller was one the owner would not have wanted anyone to see. You didn't know whether the phone carried readily accessible confidential information or not. None of these were the case, of course, but the point is that you didn't know, and neither did Shiori. That situation could have easily gone pear-shaped--hence "impulsive" (she picked it up because she recognized the name--she's just opened a can of worms) and "foolish" (she had no idea just how much more trouble she could have gotten into than what we know she just potentially created for herself). The wise thing to do would be to hand it over to the teacher or lost & found, as I said--easily done, as it was in school. What she did was written by the author instead for drama because it was foolishly impulsive; the alternative would leave no room for drama, and this manga is primarily of the drama genre.
"if she had something to say, why didn't she say it when she had the chance, and not when Jirou was speaking?"

I'll give you an answer; because how it all panned out was EXACTLY what the author wanted, for the male reader to ache and feel that way, because it is really easy to conclude that it was a rejection. And yet after reviewing the event with a level mind, it would be wrong to not give Shiori some degree of deniability despite what it looks like. Because if there's one thing I've come to realize in this series has as a theme, is that there are no malicious characters here out to hurt somebody intentionally in any way. After I got that as a theme, and after I read your comment and reviewed the event, I remembered that I myself was hurt when I first read how it happened, and yet I still can't definitely say that she intended to cut off Jirou's confession and reject him. And maybe this was all sticking to that theme I mentioned, that all the characters here are inherently imperfect but honorable, sometimes immature but always understandable, and I think that's why I like this series so much.

As for your question as to why did Shiori wait until this event to possibly reject Jirou (or the other intent I posed that she may have had), that's easier to answer. For plenty of rational people, it's logical to not even bother going into a romantic relationship as you're about to separate. Not all people are like that of course, and some would have the strength to start a long distance relationship as you're about to part ways physically with the intent of maintaining that relationship. But Shiori never struck me as strong, and is therefore being consistent. Like I said, the best she could do at the time was maintain a non-commital connection with Jirou. This would also correlate to my belief that she had no idea that Jirou intended to confess at that moment.

And about the phone call, if there was any risk, it certainly wouldn't be on her. If Shiori was a generic baddie, she would never have answered that call and kept the phone for herself. If Shiori was just clumsy and impulsive, she would still be the good person who gave back the phone to the owner. But of course, that's not the actual focus of the story. My point is, I don't see any way for Shiori to be depicted as a bad person here. I grant that it may be impulsive, but certainly not foolish, at least not to her own detriment. Besides, I really don't think the author intends to go in a direction where a mountain will be made out of a molehill made up of Shiori picking up that lost phone. I can't see her being downcast and feeling utterly guilty because he found a lost phone and answered a call, and she shouldn't be. If something will go "wrong", it will be the upcoming conversation that will happen between Shiori and Akari, which I really don't see anything bad happening to either of them. Just waiting for some hard hitting truths, and, unlike SOOOO MANY romantic mangas out there, I don't anticipate either of them lying for their own sakes or to bring down someone else (unless you include omitting truths about their own feelings as lying ig).

Akari, please smash Shiori's heart into 10,000 pieces. You're the better girl, and I want some closure sometime this decade.

For those wondering what can go wrong with that call, then I'll say that, from all my romcom experience, Akari will hear Sakurazaka's voice and instantly think Jirou's with her and that he likes her and maybe they were doing something together until she called.
Maybe she will instantly hung up the call and start crying, etc.. Not realizing that maybe Jirou has lost his phone. I've seen this happen quite a lot in other mangas actually.

If it isn't that, then this will be the call where Sakurazaka finally finds out who Akari's in love with.

that
For those wondering what can go wrong with that call, then I'll say that, from all my romcom experience, Akari will hear Sakurazaka's voice and instantly think Jirou's with her and that he likes her and maybe they were doing something together until she called.
Maybe she will instantly hung up the call and start crying, etc.. Not realizing that maybe Jirou has lost his phone. I've seen this happen quite a lot in other mangas actually.
Oh that's 100% gonna be the case, the author needs to milk the drama for as long as possible lol.

(here's hoping it's something different though :'))

Contributor
I didn't expect Sachi to play a big role this chapter. I suppose Jirou's backstory is gonna have to wait. Begs the question why she would suddenly aim for college, sounds like there's upcoming backstory development on her end. She broke up with her older boyfriend, perhaps? If that's the case this could be the start of Sachi being set up to be someone's new love interest, maybe Sadaharu or even Minami? Their classmates in the special class are pretty nasty for talking so much shit about her, though.

I really hope Shiori picking up Akari's call isn't gonna result in misunderstandings. That kind of drama is the last thing I want to see for this arc. They may be love rivals, but I don't think Shiori is malicious enough to, say, pretend Jirou is there with her or something like that. Right? Based on the abundance of blurred spoiler text in this thread (that I did not read), it seems next chapter is gonna be a hot topic...

Dex-chan lover
"if she had something to say, why didn't she say it when she had the chance, and not when Jirou was speaking?"

I'll give you an answer; because how it all panned out was EXACTLY what the author wanted, for the male reader to ache and feel that way, because it is really easy to conclude that it was a rejection. And yet after reviewing the event with a level mind, it would be wrong to not give Shiori some degree of deniability despite what it looks like. Because if there's one thing I've come to realize in this series has as a theme, is that there are no malicious characters here out to hurt somebody intentionally in any way. After I got that as a theme, and after I read your comment and reviewed the event, I remembered that I myself was hurt when I first read how it happened, and yet I still can't definitely say that she intended to cut off Jirou's confession and reject him. And maybe this was all sticking to that theme I mentioned, that all the characters here are inherently imperfect but honorable, sometimes immature but always understandable, and I think that's why I like this series so much.

Nice implication you included there: subtly delivered, but wrong--and it doesn't help your argument. If we're talking about the both of us (Surely, we both are reviewing this with a "level mind"!), then you alone were "hurt" by reading that scene; I certainly did not ache, but I do know the conventions of polite social interaction--and they do not include interrupting people as they speak. That is easy to see in that scene's events, and there are no extrapolations or instances of speculation necessary to determine that much. You also, like I said, have to be of the kind of character to do that sort of thing in the first place--which Shiori is not. This raises more than just one question about her conduct at that time--if you won't dismiss her uncharacteristic behavior for whatever reason. That said, the author is telling a story through these events. The individual events send specific messages. This event sent pretty clear messages, and the only one that contradicts any of the messages sent in said event is the fact that Shiori is pining over Jirou now. The author, however, has not--to date, anyway--penned any events that contradict any of the other things that the events imply. That is, of course, unless you mean to tell me that everything that happened there on Shiori's part--specifically everything that portrayed her unfavorably--was somehow completely immaterial and meaningless.

Now, malice or not, Shiori's definitely out for herself here: that's the nature of emotional conduct...

As for your question as to why did Shiori wait until this event to possibly reject Jirou (or the other intent I posed that she may have had), that's easier to answer. For plenty of rational people, it's logical to not even bother going into a romantic relationship as you're about to separate. Not all people are like that of course, and some would have the strength to start a long distance relationship as you're about to part ways physically with the intent of maintaining that relationship. But Shiori never struck me as strong, and is therefore being consistent. Like I said, the best she could do at the time was maintain a non-commital connection with Jirou. This would also correlate to my belief that she had no idea that Jirou intended to confess at that moment.

...otherwise, she would have completely backed off when she came to the conclusion that something was happening between Jirou and another woman. The reason why she doesn't is because she wants to get him and believes she can; at the very least, by her emotions, she still hopes she can. There's little that's logical about it, especially where women and emotions are concerned. (For the militant feminists waiting to jump on this, screw off--we're talking about a girl named Shiori, here.) If she wanted him, she would have made herself available--that's a lesson that (specifically Western) popular culture has beaten men over the head with for decades now, in the interests of "protecting" women from the naturally bold advances of interested men. Subversive intent aside, it's true: if a woman wants her heart to be taken, she'll make it available in some way. Shiori didn't flinch at all at anything she did in that conversation, nor did she double back for any reason (i.e. and as said, she didn't care at all what Jirou was going to say). The only time one could tell she made her heart available was once she saw him again.

That said, her spine was pretty strong for her to interrupt as she did. I'd say--as I already have--that that's directly inconsistent with her character as we know it.

And about the phone call, if there was any risk, it certainly wouldn't be on her. If Shiori was a generic baddie, she would never have answered that call and kept the phone for herself. If Shiori was just clumsy and impulsive, she would still be the good person who gave back the phone to the owner. But of course, that's not the actual focus of the story. My point is, I don't see any way for Shiori to be depicted as a bad person here. I grant that it may be impulsive, but certainly not foolish, at least not to her own detriment. Besides, I really don't think the author intends to go in a direction where a mountain will be made out of a molehill made up of Shiori picking up that lost phone. I can't see her being downcast and feeling utterly guilty because he found a lost phone and answered a call, and she shouldn't be. If something will go "wrong", it will be the upcoming conversation that will happen between Shiori and Akari, which I really don't see anything bad happening to either of them. Just waiting for some hard hitting truths, and, unlike SOOOO MANY romantic mangas out there, I don't anticipate either of them lying for their own sakes or to bring down someone else (unless you include omitting truths about their own feelings as lying ig).

Whether Shiori is malicious (a "baddie") or not is immaterial, and a red herring. It also implies that her detractors' problems with her stem from inherent malice--when this does not have to be the case, and obviously isn't. That said, her actions with the phone were indeed foolishly impulsive and shortsighted: if you don't think any of these are the case, then it's likely because she didn't suffer the corresponding potential consequences of that action (and we know well if she does suffer any consequences, they won't be what I'm saying could happen). "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions", as is said. This doesn't make her look any better than she did--and she's already been making a poor showing.

Dex-chan lover
Nice implication you included there: subtly delivered, but wrong--and it doesn't help your argument.
I'm not sure you understand what you think I'm implying. I'm implying, not even implying but outright saying, that an MC appearing to be rejected is MEANT to convey disappointment, frustration, and sadness for the reader. If you even argue that that's not true just because you didn't feel that way personally just makes you an outlier.
I certainly did not ache, but I do know the conventions of polite social interaction--and they do not include interrupting people as they speak. That is easy to see in that scene's events, and there are no extrapolations or instances of speculation necessary to determine that much. You also, like I said, have to be of the kind of character to do that sort of thing in the first place--which Shiori is not.
I noticed that you are really putting a lot of weight and meaning into that interruption, not to mention unwarranted confidence that it can only mean one thing and any other interpretation is absurd. To reiterate, I am not disagreeing necessarily with your interpretation. She could have really meant it, shutting down Jirou as he was about to confess because she knew he was about to do it, and then she poured cold water on him. Again, it is a possible interpretation. My take is, she did not know Jirou was about to confess that moment, she thought that they're about to separate, and she valued Jirou enough and intended to say something to maintain their current connection. I strongly believe that with a personality like Shiori who has plenty of reasons to be infatuated with Jirou (and flashbacks in chapter 42.5 can prove that), she will be uneasy in that moment. I imagine that she was completely clueless that what she said sounded like an outright rejection because, again, she didn't know Jirou was about to confess.

We're obviously both disagreeing here on Shirou's intent, and I'm saying that that's exactly how the author meant it. Reading only the first few chapters, people would be hating on Shiori because she had the gall to go after Jirou after she outright rejected him in the past. But the rest of the story and her own flashbacks as I mentioned earlier would PROVE that she is not some selfish bitch. She is just some girl in love and doesn't have enough confidence to outright admit it. I think that's part of the beauty of the initial premise of this story, with the marriage simulation and all. All of them pretty much have understandable reasons NOT to confess lightly because their partners would likely be linked with some other person.

Oh, and if you still insist she is just going for Jirou just because he's starting to get closer with someone else and that she's just some selfish bitch, kindly read again chapters 42, 42.5, and 43 and try to convince me again that she is what you think she is after she tried to lie (unsuccessfully) by hiding the separation form, and even confessed outright to, quite ironically, prevent Jirou from partnering with her and keeping Jirou to herself when she had the chance.

Again, I'm not saying you're completely wrong because the author meant for Shiori to be somewhat hated in the first few chapters. But the legendary saving of the Jirou x Akari ship from sinking in chapter 42 can only be attributed to Shiori and her selfLESSness. It's also an ingenious move for the author because most of the time, at this point, the third wheel is usually relegated to the sidelines, but this only feels like the start of a battle for Jirou's affections.

Dex-chan lover
The other TL group is already ahead two chapters? Wondering why those raws aren't in circulation for Eng use?

Users who are viewing this thread