Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - Ch. 62

Dex-chan lover
So maybe Shiori and Jirou missed each other in middle school because they were afraid.. but they still liked each other in high school at the beginning of the story. So it’s not like the window closed because of her inaction until just recently.

What do you find annoying about Shiori? Is it just that she’s afraid to take action? I am surprised there is so much hatred for her and it kinds of makes me upset because I don’t understand.

Dex-chan lover
Oh jesus, she's even worse than what I was speculating in the last chapter. She wants MC to never change, to stay cowardly so that he won't have any feeling for other girls and thus will always stay by her sides. But she also wants MC to always be her friend, to not develop any romantic for her or at least to not confess his feeling if he has any.

So basically, she don't want MC to find love from other girl so he only belongs to her, but she also won't give MC love because she only want to be friend.

I'm pretty sure I have heard a bunch of variants of this story before.

Dex-chan lover
So maybe Shiori and Jirou missed each other in middle school because they were afraid.. but they still liked each other in high school at the beginning of the story. So it’s not like the window closed because of her inaction until just recently.

What do you find annoying about Shiori? Is it just that she’s afraid to take action? I am surprised there is so much hatred for her and it kinds of makes me upset because I don’t understand.
I don't mind Shiori as a character personally, but there are things that can lead to that dislike. First, the introduction Jirou gives us to their relationship isn't the best. From his POV she cut him off from confessing with the "will we remain friends?" line. He and most readers took that as a rejection. Coming for him after that seemed quite odd, and only now the story tries to explain things.
Speaking of the now, remember Shiori is a rival to Akari, who the story does an amazing job of setting up as a hot, determined, pure yet gradually more flirtatious towards Jirou, caring girl. When the fluff between the main pair is this well done, distractions tend to annoy. For example, two months' worth of story dedicated to showing us -twice in a row- Jirou and Shiori being potatoes in middle school.

Dex-chan lover
From his POV she cut him off from confessing with the "will we remain friends?" line. He and most readers took that as a rejection.
Interesting... I wonder if this is canonically supposed to be that she rejected him from her perspective or just what people mistakenly interpret it as. Though I understand if that's what Jirou thought of it as. I saw it as she just randomly blurted that out, unaware of what he was about to say, because she didn't want their friendship to be broken by her moving. Since she liked him too why would she purposefully reject him? (Could be copium though since Shiori is my favorite character).

Also maybe I missed something but why are they still in high school together after she "moved" during middle school?

Dex-chan lover
well finally it's over, the dreadfull yet useless flashbacks. now let's get back to Jirou x Akari.

So basically because Shiori couldn't handle the effects of puberty around her and Jirou's will to protect her they both ending up deading the possibility of a relationship forming. Shiori with her extreme complex about the changing of her body and the attraction of males and Jirou trying to avoid all possibilities of her hating him because of his interest in females as well as her wishing that he never changes basically killed any kind of relationship forming as a result.

Well not that I care cause Akari is the best in the end 🤷

Dex-chan lover
So the mangaka wants me to root for Shori, or at least feel some sympathy for her, by showing me she wanted to cripple Jirou's mental development, forcing him to stay a child forever so she could take advantage and make him attached to her?
Not only this girl is trying to catch up with a ship that sailed long ago, but she has textbook toxic girlfriend behaviour.

This flashback arc only made me despise her.

Aggregator gang
So the mangaka wants me to root for Shori, or at least feel some sympathy for her, by showing me she wanted to cripple Jirou's mental development, forcing him to stay a child forever so she could take advantage and make him attached to her?
Not only this girl is trying to catch up with a ship that sailed long ago, but she has textbook toxic girlfriend behaviour.

This flashback arc only made me despise her.
No. It's Jirou's fault because he let all the rumors what others were saying to get into his head. Shiori didn't like other men but she was fine with Jirou (at least to a degree) so if he acted normal instead being influenced by her friends and rumors they'd probably end up together. But he thought she would hate him if he'd make any move so he friendzoned her and distanced himself from her. She didn't do anything because the situation was comfortable for her, until it was too late.

Dunno why you are blaming her. She had her issues, which are completely understandable (imagine being "quite developed" girl in a class full of horny teenage boys) but it was Jirou's fault for creating problems inside of his head ("Shiori will hate me if I do something") instead ignoring what's not important and just being with Shiori. Although, Shiori's stupid friends and their hurtful comments are at fault, too.

This is nothing new. This whole manga is about Jirou imagining a problem and then getting stunlocked by it.
Akari is the best girl by a mile but there's no reason to shit on Shiori just because Jirou couldn't get his act together and let opinions of others dictate his actions.

No. It's Jirou's fault because he let all the rumors what others were saying to get into his head. Shiori didn't like other men but she was fine with Jirou (at least to a degree) so if he acted normal instead being influenced by her friends and rumors they'd probably end up together. But he thought she would hate him if he'd make any move so he friendzoned her and distanced himself from her. She didn't do anything because the situation was comfortable for her, until it was too late.

Dunno why you are blaming her. She had her issues, which are completely understandable (imagine being "quite developed" girl in a class full of horny teenage boys) but it was Jirou's fault for creating problems inside of his head ("Shiori will hate me if I do something") instead ignoring what's not important and just being with Shiori. Although, Shiori's stupid friends and their hurtful comments are at fault, too.

This is nothing new. This whole manga is about Jirou imagining a problem and then getting stunlocked by it.
Akari is the best girl by a mile but there's no reason to shit on Shiori just because Jirou couldn't get his act together and let opinions of others dictate his actions.
First of all, I’m not shitting Shiori but I surely don’t like her much. She was quite annoying in the early of the story.

I don’t blame Jirou for all of this though. Like both of them were just young, and were going through puberty. Lots of problems started to appear. They couldn’t handle it properly and thus, crushing their chance to be in the relationship.
Simply just that.

Dex-chan lover
@12strawberries
You missed a speach bubble on page 4.

Also, can someone please explain the dialog between Jirou's parents on page 28? Why is mom calling dad "old lady"?

@12strawberries
You missed a speach bubble on page 4.

Also, can someone please explain the dialog between Jirou's parents on page 28? Why is mom calling dad "old lady"?
Honestly the whole chapter is a mess, I'm surprised no one commented anything until now.

There is a better version in the subreddit fir the manga

Dex-chan lover
So does this mean we're done with the flashbacks? I'm sorry, but it didn't make me like her more. All I can see is a lot of time taken for granted. Now it's Akari's turn, not hers.

Dex-chan lover
If mangaka are going to tease love triangles, then they need to put both girls on the cover of volume one and then alternate the girls so there is some believability as far as there being different romance options.

Developing the childhood friend (and Jirou should stand up and take responsibility after the groping ;)) is just dumping pain on those who are going to ship her with MC. This is Onodera all over again. We've seen this too many times to know how its going to end up.

Fed-Kun's army
New to this series, have the main characters started dating for real + had sex yet?

Dex-chan lover
Thank god it was a small flash back, still kills me to know we gotta wait so long for the next chapter but I hope it transitions into better fluff, not side chick trauma

Dex-chan lover
"BUT now I have changed and I am all about that sweet sweet Akari love. Peace Shiori, you had your chance too to speak up....but ya didn't so I got a cool gf now. Have a great life"

Double-page supporter
Wow, that was flashback was cool and all but I really couldn't care less. Everyone knows Akari is best girl

Double-page supporter
New to this series, have the main characters started dating for real + had sex yet?
No to both but I would say they're close to dating, however knowing this manga it could be delayed. Not too long ago Jirou came to terms with his feelings for Akari so I guess he now has to get over Shiori and then it'll be all good

Users who are viewing this thread