Fuzoroi no Renri - Vol. 2 Ch. 49

Fed-Kun's army
This is comical

My suggestion is if you don’t wanna read left wing political messages you should avoid comics about gay women

Aggregator gang
keep civil rights out of my lesbian manga! wait a minute...

what the hell does police brutality and american race relations specifically have to do with japanese lesbians? even taking into account domestic violence from this specific series, this strains the already-worn and near-broken liberal/tumblr(not actually leftist but liberal)-corrupted form of bell hooks' intersectionality. if you actually care about the issues, get off the computer/phone and actually do something like organise or something that requires more effort than shitposting/scanlating/linking a fundraiser.

Fed-Kun's army
@fullerhorn Sometimes donating is the most a person can afford to do, and it's certainly safer than taking unpaid time off to drive several hours to the nearest protest and risk catching covid-19 or getting pepper sprayed. And it's completely reasonable to think that there are readers out there who are supportive of the movement but dont really know how they could help in a meaningful way.

Besides, why should the scanlator's content be specifically related to the cause they're promoting? That isn't necessary.

Yeah I don't give a shit about political messaging or whatever (go ahead), but if you want to solicit donations to support some political group, and make the availability of your content contingent on that message being broadcast through MD, then you're a bunch of fuck-ups.

Nevermind how dubious these organisations actually are about using their funds...

It helps that I dropped this way early on. Just randomly popped by to see how people were liking it.

The One
Staff
Admin
@Kekitus : But from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that instead MangaDex went ahead and deleted their chapter.

We actually only removed the one page that was breaking the rule, as we usually do.
After that they replaced the whole chapter with one page on which they put the rule, a link to dynasty and a QR code.
unknown.png
This was now breaking other rules as well and we removed this "chapter" (which is just one page).

Also as a side note, we did leave their pages about LGBT stuff up because it's related to the manga and thus not breaking the rule.

@simplechild linking a fundraiser and raising a stink over being told 'don't do that', on a site tired of both rapeman/koolio-style credit pages and patreon fishing, does nothing but show how good a liberal, not an actual leftist, you can pretend to be. it comes off as hollow, and, by the dictionary definition, 'performative', especially since this group didn't do anything with it's scans for the various other killings that have taken place over this group's lifespan. it's treating actual politics and ideals like it's a damn sports team and being as big a fair-weather fan as you can be.

@Lymus thank you for clarifying about it. I thought MangaDex took down the whole chapter and they were mad about it, but wew it's even worse than I thought then. Posting a single page linking to another website where you can read the chapter is basically asking for the chapter to be deleted.

@fullerhorn :
"linking a fundraiser and raising a stink over being told 'don't do that', on a site tired of both rapeman/koolio-style credit pages and patreon fishing"
It's especially worse when MangaDex made a whole thread about BLM back then, that was pinned on the main page, just so that it wouldn't leak everywhere on the website. And the moderators weren't against asking for donations in the thread since I saw multiple comments about it back then. But they were pretty clear about keeping it to this thread, so if they really can't follow something as simple as that they shouldn't be surprised if people are upset. It's basically :
"- Here, we're making a thread so please could you avoid flooding the website with this topic ?
- REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WE'RE GOING TO USE OUR CREDIT PAGE, DON'T PREVENT US FROM STANDING FOR WHAT WE THINK IS RIGHT"

And for the people defending this, I'm not sure if you realize how much of a hell hole this website would be if this was allowed.

Group Leader
There’s obviously no reason for me to even try to clarify things here, so let me just say that if you want to read our releases, you can find them elsewhere. Take that as you will.

Double-page supporter
@Kekitus Can you seriously stop spamming the comment section with walls of text defending your right to exploit the forum rules in order to harass specifically the groups you politically disagree with while leaving ones with literal Neo-Nazi slogans for names alone because of the sheer size of your double standards? We get it, you're not actually a racist bully, you only talk, move and look like one. Move along.

@Ashabel can you seriously justify how you can claim others are bullies when you're calling others nazis with no real evidence? we get it, you have no defense or refutation for any argument and find it easier to insult, move along.

Double-page supporter
@fullerhorn "Deus vult" is a Neo-Nazi slogan. Full stop. Regardless of the term's original meaning, it has been adopted by right-wing extremists and ultra-nationalists and has been aggressively used by them since at least as far back as 2017. Even wikipedia carries mention of the term's current popularity with the Neo-Nazi groups. It has become so synonymous with Neo-Nazis that even the Polish president, who is both nationalist and right-wing, condemned it. You can't possibly name your group something like "Desu Vult" and pretend you don't know what kind of image it invokes.

Similarly, you can't really call your group something like /a/dolf hitler scanlations and pretend you weren't invoking Hitler.

Hope you washed your feet before you decided to shove them down your mouth.

@Ashabel going down the 'neo-nazi slogan' hole on a site for manga scanlations where most users (hopefully) watch anime (link 1, 2, and 3) and with regards to a loosely-collected group known for intentionally co-opting things so they get censored (see the 'okay' hand signal, even though right-wing shitheads use it, the gestures are still intrinsic to ASL) is not something you should do. there's also no connection to kekitus as a member of any of these scan groups. there's nothing stopping groups from changing their name to something center-left, or even actually left leaning (though i doubt it from this group) but getting indignant over not being able to link to a fundraiser not even related to the series you're working on when patreon links are barely tolerated as-is is just childish.

Double-page supporter
@fullerhorn I made a very specific statement, and it's that when someone spends literal walls of paragraphs to justify their decision to go after one specific group with very particular political leanings as "trying to stop this website from being flooded with politics" while giving other groups who openly express political views opposite to that specific group a free pass, it looks hypocritical and gross. However, they have already made a decision to harass that group off Mangadex and there's absolutely no reason to expose us to multiple paragraphs of nonsense about how justified that decision is. Nobody is going to care.

@Ashabel the other groups don't put their garbage politics into their scanlations or their credit pages, the actual thing people read and care about, and you're the one typing out walls of text trying to make others seem like 'bullies' when the members of yukimitsu scans took their ball and went home after being told to play responsibly by a school crossing guard.

@Ashabel no, you can't have disagreements or discussions anymore, everything is 'harassment' and 'gross' and it's easier to ragequit than deal with things like an adult.

@Ashabel I write walls of text to justify my point exactly because I refuse to sum things up as "you're a nazi racist bully!" when I make a point. You know, just because I don't like sounding like a 10 years old kid. It's called arguing and articulating your thoughts, something you're clearly unfamiliar with.

I also posted 3 posts on this comment section, about what happened to the previous scan group because people were wondering about it. I don't think this qualify as flooding, even if the posts are long.

This is the 4th post, and probably the last one about it since I made my point clear. I wasn't even going to post further but being called a nazi is never pleasant, so I kinda had to answer to this.

Users who are viewing this thread