Gacha wo Mawashite Nakama wo Fuyasu Saikyou no Bishoujo Gundan wo Tsukuriagero - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Royal Capital, Sting

Dex-chan lover
>MC does a dogeza to get out of trouble
Oh, wow, an isekai MC that isn't flexing cheats at everyth-
>MC flexes his money and pay2win equipment.
... Nvm.

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna Unfortunately, that's not going to be the case. I'm not gonna spoil the outcome, but will describe the way the battle is fought. I read the novel some time ago and if I remember correctly its not going to be a team vs team battle, but instead a team vs monster battle, where each team has to fight against a monster and see who kills their monster faster.

Double-page supporter
I'm not a fan of this "beat up the handsome guy to show my inner beauty" trope tbh

Dex-chan lover
Ah...the "let's bet the girl as property" and "vs. handsome guy" tropes. Of course.
He didn't really need to prostrate himself either. I'm pretty sure he could've just turned down his duel request without issue.

That said, I appreciate the MC having his priorities straight.
1. Don't bet your party members like they're items (Ironically for a gatcha).
2. Preparation for the match starts before you even accept it.

Aggregator gang
He should've just walked away or ignored him after she refused him, if he attacked they could've just killed him in self defense

I guess everyone missed the fact that this is all the guild receptionist's fault for shouting out personal information like that. She wasn't even holding her staff this time so she was avoiding attention unlike last time.

Dex-chan lover
ugh i hate these kind of things they are just bad like who actually likes these kinds of "events"

Why did he prostrate himself with the smartphone? Didn't his glasses have the smartphone function already?

Dex-chan lover
How stupid is it that he could have stated that both of them are his summons and are bound to him meaning that as they get stronger he gets stronger too even if they are not near him or him fighting with them. They'd probably de-summon if he were to die

Dex-chan lover
@Solaz @kuzunagi13

He didn't know how strong that guy was, so he didn't want to risk it. As he said it himself, he'd humiliate himself for his team, but he wasn't just taking it from behind and was looking over the guy's status. Once he had confirmed his chances (and being ticked off), he then made the bet (with high winning chance) and (indirectly) forced the guy to be unable to refuse (bastard now is being too blinded by money and superiority). That's why he's being called a scum, 'cause he's one scheming motherf*****. He pretty much pulled a Sima Yi on that bastard.

@Liquidxlax He'd be revealing his secret then. Bad idea.

Thanks for the chapter!
Glad MC switched to money instead of Estel for bet. Even if 100% chance of winning, which this isn't, should never bet companions as it's insulting and suggests view them as a commodity or item can use or toss on a whim rather than a respected and trusted comrade. Besides, that guy didn't offer one of his companions in trade if he lost and money or items wouldn't equal Estel's value.
@Cinnamonalt Think used smartphone instead of glasses to scan to hide fact scanning the guy with smartphone and buy time to look over info using the glasses. If he used glasses the guy might have caught on that MC was doing something if just looking right at him with thousand mile stare and distracted.
@Liquidxlax Be too risky if revealed them as summons. Considering haven't seen any other gatcha girls chances are only him and possibly other otherworlders transported there can do summons so people might think he's delusional or using that excuse to objectify the girls and not treat them as people. Or if they do believe him they might consider the girls as either abominations or not people who can be abused however they want. Also, has no way to prove they are summons as can't summon anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread