Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - Tajiento's Collapse III

Like I said you cant cast spell, that is how the drawback of the ability that isnt mentioned here, dunno why. This story is adapted from a Light Novel, in case you didnt know.

i don't know if this would be put on spoiler or not.

This skill is from the summoner class and summoner can only have 1 Summon at a time.

Put it in-game term that you get invul for 3 mins and wasted DPS or tanking from pets.

So yeah this skill unless you get multiple class and can use all of them like Arc it not that game broken

The LN notes that since the spell MP cost is so high, it freezes your mana level at a low level, so you can only spam low to low-mid cost spells/skills.

The actual offensive high level spells/summons are on a whole ‘nother level entirely.
Even the end boss villain will complain about them being broken as all fuck

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou

It’s neither theory nor spoilers. It’s the main difference between the manga and the novel.

At Chapter 1 in the manga it was explained that the avatar is a base human that you can “attach” accessories that change your avatar’s appearance, like equipping “elf ears” to become an elf and the like. Arc paid for a full body avatar of a skeleton.

In the novel on the other hand, it wasn’t fully explained in the beginning and was later found out through the hot springs that lifted a curse that he was a dark elf. His internal thoughts then went on to say that he bought a skeleton skin that he layered over his dark elf avatar.

This is one of the main differences between the novel and the manga. The “curse” in the novel didn’t become resistant to the spring and instead he had to keep drinking it to alleviate the effects to change from a skeleton whenever those situations arise where he has take off his helmet to show his face. The problem is the effects faded over time unless he took another drink.

Edit: Here in the manga, it’s just to help dampen the burden of his main body from the accumulated suppressed emotions.

He also already claimed he was an elven knight in this chapter, right? They only ever agreed that he can use Lalatoia for his last name, and not necessarily pretend to be an elf. In the novel, however, it was because they discovered he was an elf. So the manga author may have skimped over the part in which they discovered his true body, since his exclamation here was supposed to reflect that part. That’s why it’s very inconsistent.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, why would an intelligent monster pretend to be some authority that is trusted by everyone?
Truly a mystery.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid It is a difference because they changed it, therefore it doesnt stay true for the manga. such differences you explained there make it clear that manga and novel must be seen differently.
The reason he calls himself an elven knight here is different than the novel. But there is still a chance that it will come back later and get explained (would be strange because of the spring scene, but they didnt seem to have seen his body and said he was already a skeleton again). Therefore putting it for the manga only readers in spoilers is something you should REALLY do. We didnt see elf ears but he can still be one, but that is neither 100% confirmed nore mentioned here and if it appears later you put spoiler here all the time, which isnt a nice thing. Thats why even differences between mediums need always to be post as spoilers.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou

Like i said, it’s not really a spoiler since he already said he was an elven knight. I was only clarifying what another commenter mentioned. The only thing missing is the context. If he’s not an elf, explain to me why he’d call himself an elven knight? Is it because they decided he should pretend to be one behind the scenes? If it can’t be explained, it’s only a conjecture.

I’ve already pointed out that the avatar premise for the manga is different from the novel which was shown in the beginning. What am I spoiling?

Also, you’ve already contradicted yourself by saying it’s a spoiler despite saying both what happens in the novel and manga are different. I’ve only explained the reason why he’s an elf in the novel which is a part omitted in the manga possibly due to the avatar issue being different in the manga.

Did I say he was 100% going to be an elf in the manga? It’s possible the manga author had other plans by omitting/changing scenarios that occurred in the novel. Who knows. All I said was simply based on what he said in this chapter, that he was an elven knight, and I was comparing it to the scenarios in the novel.

Point is, a spoiler is only a spoiler if it reveals plot that hasn’t yet happened. He said he’s an elf here. Some people are asking why. I don’t know why but gave comparisons from novel. Possible change in plot due to avatar premise being different. That’s all that’s implied, so I feel like you’re overthinking this issue.

Dex-chan lover
@serapheid and like I said he just called himself an elven knight because of his affiliation and not because of his race. If he isnt an elf in the manga it is a fake-spoiler (a spoiler for the novel at the very least) and if he is, then it is a real spoiler, because NOTHING in the manga said/hinted towards that.
It is a spoiler nontheless.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou

So what you’re telling me is that any conjecture, comparison, or guesswork with another form of media for the same origin of plot despite varying outcomes would be spoilers? Well in that case I learned something new today. No sarcasm intended.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid Is is a bit more complicated but basically yes, because like I said the point of his race wasnt fully confirmed or denied and could be a setup for a later point in the manga. Therefore differences and such a thing from the source and the manga can easely be a spoiler.
If we see his full body, face and ears, than it is not a spoiler anymore. It is a horrible tightrope.
Because another novel had a similar problem and the very possiility I talked in this post came true.

PS: Thx for the nice discussion and understanding. :)

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou

No problem. I simply wanted to understand from a perspective I didn’t see from. I didn’t understand what I was doing wrong after posting what I did, hence I explained my standpoint to see if I’d get a response with clarification.

Thank you as well for the clarification. I’ll be sure to tag mentions like before as spoilers next time.

Supporter
A 3 minute invulnerable as well as unlimited mana?? FCKING HAXX those things are real unbalanced stuff

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, he’s looking so cool right now. And those kids will be scarred for life

Users who are viewing this thread