Gaishuu Isshoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Confrontation

i hate this manga. i hate the mc. i hate her.

anyway see you next release. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
Dude people are complaining but I'm over here like, holy shit this mangaka makes me fucking DREAD the next page. That's fucking talent. The level of awkwardness is unreal.

Dex-chan lover
@Dombl Lol, what are you on about ? that really the fineness advice you can get here. And come on, we all know what happen between the two. These are indecent thing to keep their room mate relationship
Even the chick try to hide it away from her editor. Say it is just forcefully on MC part.
The way the father thinking is just logical. Even the editor know that

@WillLi "hasn't even finished", exactly, but no one can't tell if she will keep pushing it or not, just live up the moment.
I still count it as dismissing, even when you say it's so long past that people call them both as a bad person, remember the fact she still living there meaning she still blackmailing him.

Dex-chan lover
@APSINTHOS Wow...just everything you said is wrong <.< First she's not 'still blackmailing him' that hasn't really come up for a while. He's letting her stay, and it's been made clear through his internal monologues that he is starting to develop feelings for her. So no, she's not there because she's still blackmailing him. Stop trying to conveniently forget things just so you can make up a fake narrative. Second, no, it is not dismissing, it's the very opposite, and if you can't get that right then don't talk. Because you're no longer debating, you are lying and putting words in people's mouths so you can make yourself look better. And if you continue to assert that I am saying or doing something after specifically saying that I'm not, I will be reporting your post for trolling. And third if you are going to judge the MC's actions by the end result and aftermath, then you can't judge the FMC until after. Otherwise you're just a hypocrite and child who can't form a solid argument and just whines. You are just fundamentally wrong in your approach to this discussion, let alone in whether or not your opinion is correct. Go learn how to actually discuss and analyze literature and then come back to me in a few months.

I hate every single motherfucker in this story!!!

How can anyone put up with SO . MUCH . BULLSHIT?? And I fucking hate the feeling this manga gives me, dreading to read each and every line of dialogue.

And I hate myself for loving every single chapter LMAO

So... how is the author going to rationalize the MC allowing her to stay in his place now? What shitty excuse is there going to be for him to NOT kick her out? I know he wants to fuck her, and I don't fault him for that, but you have to draw the line somewhere. You'd have to be extra-pathetic to let her stay after pulling this stunt. She's played all her cards at this point. She has NO leverage whatsoever now, which means she's completely at his mercy now. He's the only thing standing between her and homelessness.

@Tcof There's this character type that seems like it would fit in very well with the rest of the cast, the tactless dad that always thinks everyone else is doing things poorly but never questions himself.
If you are a student, you could've made it into a better place of education. If you are a nurse, you could've been a doctor. If you are a doctor, you could've been an elite brain surgeon. If you are a lawyer, you picked the wrong sort of case to specialize in.
He will magically have contacts in every field, because he counts anyone he's ever said hi to more than twice or went to school with but hasn't seen for twenty years, and will claim to be able to get all manner of favours from these people even if they would only be bothered by him making any of these requests. He won't notice that due to his extreme indifference to others' emotions, taking it as an insult if someone refuses his gracious offer of taking care of problems he invented for them.
He will never turn this ability around on himself and reflect over his actions, or if he does, he will count his own efforts as sufficient because he himself can feel the effort doing all these things he expects of others is, while staying completely oblivious to others feeling just the same way just because they aren't literally shouting it loud enough to get through his singleminded thickheadedness.

We've only seen the guy for one chapter so far, so it doesn't have to be this stereotype, but I thought that "and there he goes again" reaction from his family spoke a lot towards him fitting that slot.

Dex-chan lover
@Dombl so yeah, even yourself knowing that it is just one chapter and too soon to see if the father are like that. And why it is about judge what kind of person the father now ?
as i said, his advice and question is logical. make pretty damn sense. Why would anyone fine to let a girl live together with a guy who is not even her partner ? That is speaking in the chick benefit. This is should not about the father, let say even his son is a criminal and the father so failed to raise him. That is another topic. and if anything, that even prove the father point even more. That why they shouldn't live together

@Tcof Moving in with the editor has it's own set of problems with conflicts of interest as well, since he could affect her employment as well as her living situation. I feel like saying "why did you pick THIS insane option that no one would even try instead of this other insane option" is a lot easier after the fact than before.

Either way, just be clear, I'm not saying people that interpret him differently are wrong, I was mostly wondering if I was alone after seeing so many people go "yeah, you tell them, advice-dad!".

Dex-chan lover
@Dombl they at least know each other. They said their relationship is just he rents her a room. And keep in mind that the father doesn't know what is the situation. That why he asking. What more reasonable do you expect ?

@Tcof He's not JUST asking though. He is more like someone going "Well why didn't you just win instead of lose, are you shit?" after someone loses a match. After going "Wow, this is pretty nice. You know, for trash. Why don't you dump this loser editor you have and call my guy who might be an editor not sure tho."
Ishii just apologizes and asks for seconds, because he is very Japanese, while she blows a gasket because someone cheaped out on the pressure tolerances in that girl.
Our useless MC meanwhile is trying his best to defuse or disappear the while situation, since he clearly knows his dad is a man that puts on snowshoes before going into a minefield.

Dex-chan lover
@Dombl sorry ? what ? that would be what anyone's action: Try to hide it from your parent. I am not sure where you get all your idea come from with all this "because he know his dad is..." The parent of his react the most chilled way i can possible imagine.
"Why don't you dump this loser editor you have and call my guy who might be an editor not sure tho"
Bru, wth ? you really salty over what ? he offer her a introduction for a better chance in manga field ? how dare him ? are you... just trolling now ? what "Well why didn't you just win instead of lose, are you shit?" even come from ?

I recommend reread this manga, cause if you don't take this whole series as a comedy/smut series you just gonna get angry every chapter. Cause honestly, as comedy/smut (the way it is intended), this series is amazing.

I think she just destroyed herself completely.
Dad might be like "so why do you stay here despite the sexual harassement? Do you like him?"

@Tcof It's not the opportunity to work in a better environment (which I shall point out again, he isn't even sure his old friend even works there) that is the biggest problem, it's doing it right in front of her current editor that is really insensitive. Right after delivering a line that drops like a bucket of ice water on them.
And the second part was me trying to narrow it down to the essence that it's a lot easier to judge people for their actions when you have to expend no effort of your own to see these changes. Yeah, maybe it was a better idea, but no one thought of it at the time, not fixing that without a time machine. Maybe there are other things in the way that he hasn't considered (in this case most likely that she is pretty damned problematic in a number of ways), but he isn't really ready to listen, he just chugs right on through it all to the landmine of "you are irresponsible", results apparent.

And while I agree that a lot of his motivations are about weaseling his way out of the situation, he is noticably getting more worried when he notices his dad is going into preach mode while she goes into the calm before the storm.

To clear up, since I am apparently coming of wrong here: Do you understand what I am describing myself seeing, even if you don't read his character that way? No lolitrolus, no salt, not your bruh, m8 etc.
If you felt I was attacking you, sorry about that, I was raised by internet savages and find slinging around invectives fun, so peppering descriptions of things is how I get my rocks off while writing.

Users who are viewing this thread