Gakkou Gurashi! - Vol. 12 Ch. 78 - See you tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
The disappointment is incredible. I would have liked if Yuki went insane at some point.

Contributor
All this time. It's been several long years since we first started our ride. It's been great to look forward to the next moment.
I don't mind the ending much. It's not a bad one at all and is somehow fitting for a message on hope built on sacrifices.
Thanks a bunch, Waterflame Scanlations.
It was well worth waiting. Thank you.

Also, Yuki-sensei is gorgeous. ,_,

Contributor
One other thing, I'm trying to remember if there was a character who fits the parasol-holding character shown in the background of Pg. 24.

So far, I got nothing.

Ok now that I actually understand the darker bits, I like this ending a lot more. Still a bit too sugary for my taste with the school thingy, but overall, I'm absolutely satisfied with the ending.
Thanks for all these great chapters!

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what this ending meant but ok.
It's done.

Double-page supporter
@Ominous

Oh snap, thanks for pointing her out, I completely missed her under the bubble.
That's Sumiko, one of the College girls who was only mentioned as having left and not come back.
Check chapter 43 pages 17-20

Kurumi still using wheelchair 😢

kinda disappointed but it's not really bad for an ending...

thank you translator for all the works...

Double-page supporter
I didn't expect to cry, but that bit with the student talking about the incredible things at school but framed in a much more positive light than back at "Graduation" got me real good.

Fed-Kun's army
I only watched the anime and read this last chapter but this still made me cry.

Dex-chan lover
I said this on the... deleted chapter that was a poor translation.

Essentially the story started doing the whole wheel spin maneuver past the kids deciding to leave the school to pursue a University life. No real development occurred for any of the characters. We got the whole 'bear delusion' thing with Rii which didn't have very much consequence. Kurumi wound up just falling ill to her zombie bite, again, and then being unconscious up to the ending. Yuki gets revealed to having reobtained her memories prior to the University arc which again, nothing really happened. Miki gets way more screen time and focus, gets arguably the most character development trying to keep the group safe while being the only sane person. Which is just weird since she's someone who joined the crew later on in the story, to then go on to become the main character perspective for the rest of the series (which feels off-beat to me imo). In that vein of thought it seems like the Author just didn't know how to properly end the series, the Author clearly wanted to maintain an air of realism towards the actual zombie outbreak. And in looking at this ending, yes - this seems very realistic, the main characters being High-school Students would have no idea about whatever in the fuck is going on at Randall. But from a fictional story perspective its lame. For comparison Highschool of the Dead was going to have a similar situation with the Nurse who had Military connections to jump the plot into that direction to get the team involved. The Author didn't know how to continue it nor know how to make the jump for them to become involved with the corporation. If this ending happened like 30 chapters ago instead of them leaving to University, I'd enjoy it as a short series much more.

This series went from one of my top hyped things to see in my recommended to complete disinterest.
I hope the Author starts a new series that they have passion for, because clearly this one dwindled.

Group Leader
@shoker at least we could see the end of it, not what I expected, but glad that they survived, about Highschool from the Dead, will there be more chapters? I remember that the author died and I don't think that it will be resumed.

Contributor
Kurumi is alive and happy, nothing else matter .

Still, the ending is quite..rushed. It could easily get 10 or 20 more chapters.

Oh well, thanks for TL this good story
2x

Users who are viewing this thread