Gal Gohan - Vol. 10 Ch. 66 - A Supportive Beer

@Littlebuster1 I got the impression that Yabe got Okazakis parents approval to about the 50+% level on the basis that their daughter plainly loves him, he doesn't come across as a creep, he genuinely is helping her do better at school and not taking advantage. So no issues on that front. I think it was mentioned that her parents had the same sort of age differential as she & Yabe. Don't know what the parents relationship was before it went romantic, but they can't complain on the basis of age gap when their marriage is supposedly still ok.

Dex-chan lover
Dating an 18 years old girl makes you a pedophile. Also Yabe wants to keep the girl he likes in the back burner for 2 more years because fuck her feelings and her decisions as adult.

Dex-chan lover
@Faryshta How so? Once you are 18, you are an adult. It may be morally questionable to you to date a much younger woman, but it is not illegal. How do you define pedophilia?

Fed-Kun's army
The coronavirus is infecting manga characters now, it has grown too powerful, we are truly all doomed.

@MangaIsGood yeah I only brought up the parents in my example of this happening because of the conclusion it brought about. My main point was that faculty and the administration of thr school are probably gonna give him the side eye his entire career working there if not fire him and or ask him to leave which is 100% in their right to do so as actions can be perceived as improper to other parents. He would also be fucked if that happened because most other jobs require letters of recommendation or references to get especially in thr teaching field which he probably wouldnt get leaving the school on those terms. Idk Yabe js in a pretty shit position either way deciding to continue dating and marrying her or not becuase it is perceived as a massive taboo no matter how much time passes.

LMAO, this comment section. I'll be the first to say, outside of hentai and ONLY ecchi shenanigans, I don't like student x teacher "romance" and this manga does a decent job giving valid reasons why. This is pretty much the only "serious" student x teacher romance I've read from beginning to end, for good reason. Yabecchi, as an adult and furthermore her teacher, should feel the way he does about genuinely loving his pupil he taught for two years, CONFLICTED. Not simply because of society and his job, but because as a teacher, you are guiding someone, oftentimes someone a lot younger and in a sense even "raising" them to adulthood. This is even more prominent when they do share a relationship since most teachers and students do not get close enough to share a genuine bond.

It's not wrong for Yabecchi to want to wait until Miku is 20-years of age; if anything he's doing what any actual adult should, being an adult. She NEEDS to be focusing on her career and getting a solid foundation, not trying to date someone that has a full-time job while trying to get her future in order. This also gives them just enough of a gap to see if they do truly love each other so by the time it's official, there is no longer any barrier between them. So, to the people saying he's a coward or now that she's 18 everything is irrelevant, chill, you look like idiots.

And finally, Nagisa: Even though it's 1000% her fault, she took it like a champ and realized her mistakes. It's really nice seeing adults in these stories for once actually acting like one.

TL;DR - It's a decent story, just enjoy it.

@LittleBuster1 Good thing the author established the elderly couple with nobody to take over their farm, that'll probably be what he does. She might go pro for cooking.

Fed-Kun's army
@Akemua

I agree. My old teacher who married his student only started dating her from her 3rd year of college, although she has loved him since high school. Must have been pretty tough for both of them.

Something a lot of people here don't seem to know is that in Japan you are a minor until the age of 20. So even though shes 18 and in U.S. and most of Europe, as far as i know, she would be considered an adult I Japan she would still be a minor.

@metas wasnt it established early on that Yabe really liked his career as a teacher and thats why he tried so hard at it? This also being a reason why he wouldnt accept her advances while she was a student? Idk if Yabe would be ok with retiring the Countryside if he couldnt pursue his passion even if he loved her.

Contributor
If there is a timeskip ending, hopefully Nagisa and Fujiwara will be depicted as having moved on, rather than continuing to hold a candle for MC.

Dex-chan lover
@DrPie meanwhile they have absurd sex laws. adults should only date adults unless they started dating while both minors seems to make a bit more sense

Users who are viewing this thread