Gal Gohan - Vol. 10 Ch. 66 - A Supportive Beer

Double-page supporter
@Midoriha What the fuck are you even on about? What do you call adults who prey on children? When someone rapes or sexually assaults a child, what do the police call them? Last time I checked, they’re called pedophiles. It most definitely has a meaning. I didn’t know being against pedophilia made you a “moralfag”(really?) or “puritan.” Get a grip and stop trying to be an edge lord, or just keep your mouth shut if you have no idea what you’re talking about.

@LittleBuster1
That's the entire point of the arc though

He loves his job as a teacher, but he's starting to think he can't find happiness with it. He might not be able to have both and he'll have to choose.

Sacrifice is a pretty normal notion around things like this.

@liquidsword
What do you call adults who prey on children?

You call them "child predators." "Pedophile" properly refers to adults who are primarily attracted to children, and that's an important distinction, because the majority of child predators aren't pedophiles. They're just predators looking for an easy victim, and children fit the bill. Conversely, many pedophiles don't assault children, because being turned on by kids doesn't automatically make you forget that that's a horrible thing to do. Assuming that "pedophile" = "child predator" is like assuming that "gay" = "prison rapist."

Anyways, Yabe isn't a pedophile in any sense; Miku was almost through puberty when they met and it wasn't her childishness that attracted him. Nor, unless I missed something (and I don't read this religiously), is he a child predator. He is a shitty teacher and I'd like to see him get fired or resign, because he's horrible at maintaining appropriate boundaries. But Miku's pretty much an adult now and adults make their own decisions, for better or worse--probably for the worse in this case.

Double-page supporter
@squerl I never once called Yabe a pedophile. I’m talking about real life, not this manga. And he’d definitely be a shitty teacher in real life, but this is a fictional harem manga, so I personally don’t want to see him fired. And when I say pedophile, I’m obviously talking about people who target children. You know exactly what I meant too. Your gay=prison rapist analogy doesn’t make any sense. Pedophile and child predator are very similar terms and are interchangeable for the most part. You can’t say the same thing about “gay” and “jail rapist.”

Double-page supporter
@DrPie even if they're considered a minor legally, does that also interfere with their dating/relationship rules? Or is it more looked down upon over there in a moral sense rather than a legal one?

@Monochrome_Scholar I assume the issue here is the fact that he was her teacher and it's some kind of professionalism/ethics thing because it's legal for girls to get married at 16 in Japan with parents permission.

There's something funny about a dude named Shinji turning down the romantic affection of a Nagisa.

Ugh, romance manga is always brutal. Giving multiple choice, but never a harem ending...

all the best girls going down one by one 😥

Nagisa borrowed him her spare set of balls, but he really needs to grow a pair of his own.

@liquidsword Nope, the analogy is precise. Assaulting another man doesn't make you gay, it makes you a rapist. Assaulting a child doesn't make you a pedophile, it makes you a child predator. Again, the majority of convicted child predators aren't pedophiles; they victimize children because children are easy victims. This is well-established research.

Go look it up on wikipedia if you don't believe me. You only have to read the first three paragraphs.

Contributor
"There it is!"
Last ship to sink in this war has sunk.
Salute to the fallen crew.
o7

Dex-chan lover
Imagine former student and teacher meet 10 years after graduation, fall in love with each other, but then like: "Oh! You were my student 10 years ago, sorry we can't be together!". This is the same levels of bullshit. WTF wrong with all these retards (including MC) sayin it's impossible to date former student? They are two grown-up people with no social connections like job or school, what's the problem here? I know it's absolutely not realistic manga and it's Japan, but even for Japan this is too much, I doubt real life Japanese have such problems.
Well, I guess it's just author's not very smart way too pull some unnecessary drama.

Banned
If Nagisa would've been selfish this chapter and hit him while he's down, the manga might turn into a drama at that point 😂

Fed-Kun's army
It's gone. The teacher has no chance anymore. Theres only one last ship left, les go we need to see some victory in these dark times

Fed-Kun's army
Nagisa’s gone as well, good. And it feels like Yabe and Miku are having more and more couple-conversations. :)

Aggregator gang
Got to respect the hustle out there Nagisa

but which harem ending never works when one is the box cover girl. Since the premise is clear isn't so unbelievable unlikely he goes with anyone else.

Dex-chan lover
"She's 18. What are you, a pedophile?"
I can't be the only one who sees how UTTERLY moronic that phrase is, right?
It's pure Dumbfuckistanian.

Also, she's not too late. She already confessed during that summer festival. It was just swept under the rug.

I feel this manga had a nice premise but the author fucked up way too fucking much way too fucking often.

@CookieMonster I agree with you, but to be 100% fair the world is full of morons.
To give a couple of examples, my point up there. A 2X dating a 16yo is wrong, he/she is a pedophile. People REALLY need to get a dictionary for Christmas.
Or step-siblings dating, and how it's wrong and "incest". Again, people REALLY need a dictionary. Also, how is it wrong? I date a classmate for 3 years, then our divorced parents meet, fall in love and marry. Now my gf and I are step-siblings and suddenly our relationship is "wrong"?
And yet, you don't even need a fictional manga to see that. Ask in you circle of friends. I guarantee a bunch of them will say it is.

Users who are viewing this thread