Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
When you see that the person you are talking to is not comfortable with dropping honorifics, it's usually a good tone to drop back to using them, so you're at the same level.
While this is true, the whole point of this series trope is "The gap between Otaku and Gyaru." As the previous comment or said, the interest/fantasy of the series is, 'Otaku that keeps everyone at a distance because they don't know how to connect with people properly,' and 'Gyaru who relentlessly push and pursue closer and deeper relationship.'

In the first place, the idea of Gyaru is that they 'Are not ruled by social expectations and instead live out their true self.' (Which ends up looking like a trope, but that's a whole other point).

Yes, polite society might match honorific levels and distance, but she doesn't do that because she is a gyaru. It is their defining trait.

And of course, if they just matched formality and distance then there would be no story at all and we would be reading a depressing manga about that time a Gyaru reached out but we pushed them away by not reciprocating.

Dex-chan lover
There are so many gal + nerd trope type mangas, but has anyone actually seen it happen irl? The closest I’ve seen were 2 of my HS classmates in my senior year but they never went past 2 months dating
You know, I've seen plenty of manga where MC dates catgirls or even elf ladies, but I've never seen a cat-person or an elf IRL.
And to me, gals are about as much of a fantasy creature as catgirls.

Supporter
You know, I've seen plenty of manga where MC dates catgirls or even elf ladies, but I've never seen a cat-person or an elf IRL.
And to me, gals are about as much of a fantasy creature as catgirls.
In the US, "gal" is a teen girl's default setting.

Dex-chan lover
I can't get over "Futarbucks" :wtf:

450 calories is still what, only a third of a Big Mac? :thonk:
But it's a drink.

When you have a burger or ramen, you could go "this might as well be my dinner" and you don't eat anything anymore.

But with a drink, you wouldn't think of it as dinner normally.

Dex-chan lover
2600 Calories :aquadrink:
"could kill a European" - yup, many Europeans won't survive this, this is much more than most office-job men would ever need (daily) and about double for slender women.
28 calories per 100 mL serving of a bottled juice, so that is practically 750 mL of a juice.

Btw, do any of you people drink a liter of juice daily?

Dex-chan lover
2600 Calories :aquadrink:
"could kill a European" - yup, many Europeans won't survive this, this is much more than most office-job men would ever need (daily) and about double for slender women.
Heh... as an AMERICAN queue American anthem and bald eagle sounds Europeans are just soooooooooo weak. 38000 calories a meal 3 times a day and I weigh 6000 pounds. Yeah I could beat an elephant in a sumo match! All those other countries that I don't know the names of because I've never even heard of Geography before are inferior the the pure mass and STRENGTH of america

Dex-chan lover
28 calories per 100 mL serving of a bottled juice, so that is practically 750 mL of a juice.

Btw, do any of you people drink a liter of juice daily?
Well, you can drink a liter of juice daily, but I don't think it's healthy unless you burn lots of calories via work/sport activities, as juices usually have lots of sugars. For example, 100ml of orange juice contains about 45 calories and about 8-10g of sugars, which is a lot. So liter of orange juice would give you 450 calories and 80-100g of sugars. You can try and weigh 80g of sugar and then imagine this stuff go into your body. Doesn't look good to me.
And you should still eat healthy, which means you still have to intake a fair amount of proteins, fats, fibers and probably some complex carbs.

Dex-chan lover
I'll never understand why "indirect kissing" is such a thing. And if it bothers you that much, just get another straw. =.= Geez.

Double-page supporter
Adolescent consciousness is also adorable. Still, they were clearly seeing each other as friends with aligned thoughts.

Her bubbly attitude shows a lot of unseriousness that whatever goes just flows. They’re still pretty dead set on whatever they want to do and ignored any and all prejudices about their pairing, because that’s what being best friends are for.

Well, we’ll see how far this goes. It’s a good read and there is barely any hint of romance which sets a calm and warm tone to it.

Users who are viewing this thread