Gal Yome no Himitsu - Ch. 12

With breasts that big, you could significantly cut the ROM on bench press by benching higher on the sternum.

We need to get her powerlifting ASAP.
still waiting for an elbow depth rule to turn bench back into a test of strength instead of flexibility

Dex-chan lover
7j0L0tw.png

exercise was so worth it :ROFLMAO:

Aggregator gang
Can I get more fitness tips here?:wooow:
The longer it takes you to reach a fitness goal that you work toward, the less likely you are to rebound. And the more likely you are going to maintain the better habit, because "it was never that hard and it feels natural to do now".

(The above idea is why I find this chapter somewhat strange. I'm pretty sure this gal wife specifically mentions putting in effort into maintaining her looks for her husband, so extra calories should be noticed before it ever becomes an issue).

Anyway...

On exercise, you are going to have good days, you're going to have bad days. Do not push too hard on any exercise, especially if you need some part of your body for other purposes. Like working on feet all day. Injury = loss of motivation + extra time needed to recover + loss of "gains".

Exercise takes time and some amount of attention. If you are just starting out, do something whenever you can in short bursts, and get into the habit of doing so every couple or few days (or even just once a week; something is better than nothing). And if you are sitting for most of your day, basically strength or cardio will affect both, but lean towards strength building exercises. Since stabilizer muscles need time to build and you will get yourself used to breathing (breathe in through nose, exhale through mouth ideally).

With strength training, do your best to ensure you're keeping good form. Both for safety from injury and to not cheat yourself of the exercise results.

I always say bodyweight squats to start. You can do these whenever and just do a set of 5, 10, maybe up to 20 within a minute. Targets a lot of useful muscles, and if you're packing a lot of fat like I did, should open up the ability to do more varied cardio without guaranteed injury. Since you build up those leg and knee muscles + support muscles.

For upper body, pushups (keep trying to do them, but hold a high plank if you cant) covers a large range of muscles. If you can, access to a pullup bar and free weights (even light ones) are great for just general upper body fitness. Like with pushups, if you can't do a pullup (and most won't starting out), just hang as long as you can and keep trying. After a month to three months of constant attempts (that's what i remember observing and personal experience), you'll likely be able to do your first.

(Note for those bars that press against a doorframe: they do work in general, but it's very likely to damage the paint on the wall. Easy to fix for the most part, but just be wary of that.)

Be persistent on doing any formal exercising. If you really do not feel like doing exercise on a day, even doing 25% of your usual routine is better than nothing at all. And on off days, doing 50-60% is fine too.

That recommended 150 or even 75 minutes of weekly activity? Yeah that's great, but I got to that point some 3 years after starting again post hard rebound. 2-3 sessions a week lasting 3-5 minutes to start is what I did (and sometimes just 1 session a week). As I got used to it, I both dedicated more time to it and found more time for exercise. Because I started actually wanting to do it around the second year. Heck, it was the second year I actually felt I could do cardio without massive backlash.

-

Now the larger part of the equation is food. You are going to spend time, some mental energy, and probably have some additional expenses on this as well, but same concept as with exercise: take it slow, don't need to do things overly perfect, ideally should feel mostly natural as you make changes gradually.

Do not cut too many calories. I personally found 1 pound a week (500 calories deficit per day) too difficult and rebounded hard. I was and still am able to do around 150-250 deficit though (so half a pound a week or less), and maintain + lose more.

(Even at a low calorie deficit, you're likely to "feel a bit hungry". Give your body and brain time to adjust to that feeling.)

Get into the habit of writing down how much food and drinks you take in. To give yourself a realistic idea of how much you take in, and finding where you can replace/substitute/cut back. You don't have to be too accurate starting out, as again, it will take too much time.

Protein is important for building muscle mass and maintaining, but if you are starting from almost nothing, you'll likely have enough protein anyway.

Easiest starter to cutting calories is to drink more water. Highly recommend at least a single stage filter of sorts and non plastic water bottle. Drink some if you're feeling hungry earlier than you like, or if it's late and you don't want to eat. But staying hydrated properly is just good overall beyond hunger.

From there, it's really just slowing down on intake. Maybe replacing "junk snacks" with fruit on occasion. Or just lowering the amount of junk slowly. I was at roughly 2400 calories a day years ago. Took me over a year to cut my intake down to about 80-85%, then another year to cut it to about 70-75%, and now i can maintain 65-70% without issue. The "70%" now makes me feel full, and eating "80%" makes me feel bloated.

If you are mostly eating "junk", take a multivitamin supplement. The ones from say Costco are fine enough. They do nothing short term, but should help your body function properly in the long term.

...Now this is not quite "fitness", but if you can, try learning to cook a couple things for yourself. A lot of restaurants and pre-prepared food are loaded to hell in oils, salt, added sugars, and whatnot. This one is a huge time investment (both the cooking and cleanup it entails), but it would save you money and likely help you achieve fitness goals over time. Contrary to this chapter, a couple pancakes with butter are not going to overload you on calories. Not unless you keep doing it every day.

-

Now if you're talking gains, specific exercises, etc, you can look up various things online. Running, lifting, high intensity interval training, yoga, or whatever. A lot of the websites out there seem to cater to people already into fitness. And a lot like to have horrendously unrealistic goals for the average sedantery dude. Nevermind an out of shape and obese sedantery dude. Which I was.

This also applies to food and cooking really.

I don't doubt there are several people that can make drastic changes and maintain it "effortlessly". But that didn't work for me.

I'm not entirely sure what "fitness tips" is to you, but hopefully, there's something here that might help you reach your goal. Or perhaps start it earlier.

Dex-chan lover
I was expectjng him to walk in on hed in the spandex pants and sports bra then have to go to fanbox to finish the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
...Now this is not quite "fitness", but if you can, try learning to cook a couple things for yourself.
Just going to add on that, when it comes to eating healthy food, cooking it yourself is the best option. That way you control more of what you put in your food, and it's cheaper.

And you can get a long way with very simple things. With a combination of frying some meat, boiling some vegetables, a carb source (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc.), and making some kind of sauce you can get a surprising variety.

In particular I'd recommend frozen vegetables, assuming they're frozen fresh and without preservatives or other additives. They're usually cleaned and cut, so you can eat them in any state you want (technically even frozen, but probably tastier boiled or something). Much less work than fresh ones, and just as healthy.

If available, berries are great for vitamins.

Dex-chan lover
Just going to add on that, when it comes to eating healthy food, cooking it yourself is the best option. That way you control more of what you put in your food, and it's cheaper.

And you can get a long way with very simple things. With a combination of frying some meat, boiling some vegetables, a carb source (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc.), and making some kind of sauce you can get a surprising variety.

In particular I'd recommend frozen vegetables, assuming they're frozen fresh and without preservatives or other additives. They're usually cleaned and cut, so you can eat them in any state you want (technically even frozen, but probably tastier boiled or something). Much less work than fresh ones, and just as healthy.

If available, berries are great for vitamins.
Woah, it's awesome to see someone actually saying that a balanced diet is best, instead of some weird keto calorie counter nonsense that's been debunked a million times over. It's almost as if we are omnivores meant to eat all kinds of food, and not just one particular food group lol.

Users who are viewing this thread