Gal Yome no Himitsu - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
The girl gives a very bad feeling. Either it's going to be interesting or a disaster.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately I heard some of these stories from a friend who taught in Japan for a few years. Some people would literally turn a blind eye to a person getting harassed and just say that it's not their problem. He told me most of the time people who stepped in were foreigners. This is from the mid to late 2000s though. Don't know how it is now. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Oh no! Goth-chan wants a pice of that sweet sweet nerd cake. But he won't just let his wive be ntr'd and he will be a true Chad.

Dex-chan lover
I reaally hope the new girl just uses them as research material instead of fueling drama

Dex-chan lover
She's too obvious. I feel like it's probably a red herring and she will turn out to not be the homewrecker she is looking like.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately I heard some of these stories from a friend who taught in Japan for a few years. Some people would literally turn a blind eye to a person getting harassed and just say that it's not their problem. He told me most of the time people who stepped in were foreigners. This is from the mid to late 2000s though. Don't know how it is now. Thanks for the chapter!!!
ya its not an uncommon thing. Its weird to intervene because youd be considered disruptive. Japan sucks ass for shit like that

Dex-chan lover
FFS, not one of these again. And I bet the coomers will come out of the woodwork, turning away from their pedobait for the moment it takes to draft a comment, just to say that this ugly streetwalker is "best girl"--solely because she has masculinized hair.

...Or so I thought, but I see a good number of people proving my prediction wrong. But not enough, sadly.

Do you really just want to see the same romcom chapter over and over of them having to hide their relationship? Hopefully this will cause a change and open new story space.

You don't seem to get the problem people have with this...nor do you seem to be aware of the status quo. Not only are romcoms not often like this--there's almost always someat least one clearly lesser (the inferiority is always painfully obvious) third wheel jumping in for this purpose and no other--it's effectively a rule that you don't get a beauty like Fuyuki as the female lead without said third wheel jumping in for that purpose; even worse, such third wheels always drag things out, and stand--given historical trends--an absurdly reasonable chance of actually NTRing girls like Fuyuki.

If the FMC is bland, just as ugly as this shorthair, or--worse--a loli/loli-type, you can bet she'll be left alone instead.

Even if this shorthair doesn't NTR Fuyuki or come near it, she--whom no one started the manga for--steals panel time from the female lead. The "same romcom chapter over and over" you spoke of--if it would come to pass--would be far better than what the shorthair promises/represents. It also wouldn't stop there: let's say the author thinks as you do, and believes that a good story needs this sort of drama. He consequently pens it--intro, climax, resolution. What then? In comes another girl--also just as inferior, as if to beat the message that "all girls are beautiful" into the reader's head--to restart that "necessary" drama. Lather, rinse, repeat--until a "harem" is formed, and the other girls collectively have so much more spotlight time than the female lead that she's effectively pushed out of scope for most of the manga. (The purpose, in addition, is very likely just to pander to as many tastes--frequently paraphilic ones--as possible.) I know this well, as a manga that should have been one of my favorites suffered exactly the same fate.

This is what people don't want to see.

Dex-chan lover
Man, Japan sure does love painting itself as the land of overly aggressive, borderline rapey pervert pickup artists who won't take 'no' for an answer.

That's a bit weird.

Also I don't get why she was wearing her glasses while standing in the street and then took them of at work. If she needs them then taking them of is dumb. If she doesn't then why wear them in the first place if they're not permanent fashion?
For the gap moe. Also the pickup artists are just trying to fix Japans declining birth rate.

Users who are viewing this thread