Game no Naka ni Iru!

This is my new scanlation project. Please enjoy.
Really big thank yous to the couple of anons on /a/ who taught me how to download from Magapoke, and that one anon who gave me the raws from the collection he hoarded anyway.

Double-page supporter
In chapter 3, what are the names of the games? I recognised: Animal crossing, legend of mana, katamari, journey; but the last one (boku-fuyu), I have no idea.

Also what's with the holes and stone? (I don't play Animal Crossing)

Ovnidemon, there is a rock in Animal Crossing that if hit with a shovel will spit out bags full of bells. Hitting the rock knocks your character backward and there is a limited amount of time that you can continue to hit the rock over and over to get more bags of bells. You dig holes a square behind you to prevent the knock-back. Orientation number 2 maximizes the amount of squares around the rock that bags of bells can fall onto. Orientations 1 and 3 may be safer in terms of the knock-back pushing you slightly above or below the hole behind you but they have holes that take up squares that bags of bells can fall into which means a loss of potential money. It was basically a quiz asking "Hey, which is the most efficient way to check a rock for money for the maximum reward?" and as a person who obviously plays Animal Crossing she got the answer right.

Supporter
@grom isn't that related to it's publication? Scanlation has to have an [END] chapter before it's completed.

Dex-chan lover
Well...Kinda cute, but as all 4koma, it hardly goes anywhere. There's more talking than actual adventuring, or game-progression.
The arson was dope, though. kek.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty fun, especially if you like the old JRPG. Primarily based around the S/NES era Dragon Quest games, as to be expected. There must be such a rich background of Japanese cultural nostalgia based on those first six installments, and I regret I only ever finished the first one. Gotta get on that one of these days.

Dex-chan lover
What the actual fuck, indeed.
The story has failed to go anywhere on the basis that it presented (finding the hero, becoming more competent 'adventurers', etc) -- that much wasn't a surprise. 4koma crap never actually goes anywhere.
But that ending was totally unwarranted, if that's really the ending, what an actual piece of garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread