Gamurakan

What I got from this angels are creation of electrical wavelengths so electronics, glass travelling and brain is possible. This is a very old manga? When there's lots of weird conspiracy theory regarding how electronics saps energy with ppl shifting to office work. Salary workers dying from overwork etc urban myths like how we have 5g now. The first guy tenant is a hikkikomori. They are high consumers of electronics. The first woman was nearby when she got infected and floppy disk spread then.
This combines with Japanese folk monsters ideas sums it up I think.

Dex-chan lover
While it's not the most terrifying thing to read, it's best to read this with bright lights around, and away from suspiciously aroused women and panes of transparent glass.
Do LCD screens count?

I just read this out of curiosity, somehow i got to the lastest chapter and realized my eyebrows are furrowed

This is out of this world. An terrifying and super satisfying horror story. It's so interesting to see the people being targetted by these angels make progress on figuring out what they are. Perhaps they'll even find a way to defeat them, if they're some kind of construct or something.

This is the most underrated manga I've seen on mangadex. It has plot, realistic characters, artwork could be more detailed but is ok, very atmospheric. Reminds me of Tropical Citron.

Thanks for translating this! What an interesting journey. Though it was written nearly three decades ago, the parallels with today's world are still readily apparent. I would even venture to call Gamurakan avant-garde. At its core it's a story of viral mental illness brewed in the minds of reclusive young men and transmitted to others through any sort of connection, whether though a game, television, or in person. The angels seem to represent a breakdown of social norms, and what is left after society collapses other than sex and violence? Though it's an older work at this point, Gamurakan is more relevant than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread