Waiting for User [Ganbare Douki-Chan] chapter ordering/entry split

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
TL;Dring a long discussion; the original entry has had "Webcomic" added to it, a second entry has been created for the serialized chapter releases (which are a dozen pages long each, rather than a couple) and a third entry has been created with the label "Alt. Numbering" to account for the incredibly inconsistent release order of this series that's led to multiple groups disagreeing entirely.

I will be moving all chapters excluding the "no group" and "Circle" releases from the original entry to the third entry.

@happypurple shoutout to the guy responsible for sorting this shit out, post your spreadsheet pls.

Power Uploader
Here's the public copy of the spreadsheet Please leave a comment in this thread if you make suggestions on the doc. I'll check for any proposed changes whenever new chapters come out and I have to update the list.

Issues with the ordering for chapters that have been moved to the third entry:
  1. Chronological order not preserved.
  2. Chapter numbering based entirely off uploader discretion leading to inaccurate/inconsistent chapter numbering, as well as decimal chapter numbers entirely at random.
  3. Content merged/split inappropriately.
The author does not number chapters of this series either in the twitter webcomic version, or in the published volumes, so i've ordered chapters with consideration to how the content is uploaded to twitter. The typical chapter is an illustration, often with 1-4 comics pages/more illustrations posted either alongside the first illustration, or as a reply/follow up tweet, often some time later. The spreadsheet links all 414 tweets made in the series so far, and records if each tweet is:
  • A reply to a previous tweet
  • A teaser for an upcoming chapter
  • Promoting a product related to the series
  • Related to a twitter event (e.g. 70k follower drawing)
Replies to previous tweets are grouped into chapters as appropriate. Extraneous content (teasers/promo/twitter illustrations) have been decimalized and grouped as appropriate. Explicitly extraneous content is decimalized rather than "story" illustrations because its easier to tell if the author is trying to sell douki-chan branded sake than it is to tell if the no-context illustration with douki-chan dressed in a chicken suit happened in the story world, or if it's just a drawing for fun/whatever. Consequently this means there will be no gaps in the chapters if groups decide they dont want to upload scans of chapter teasers/promos.

As for why the uploads that got moved to the third entry are in the state they're in, its because each group: made up their own chapter order, downloaded illustrations off their twitter timeline without checking for chronology, and/or to some extent followed the chapter order of another group. I have added sub-sheets for each language that has been uploaded to the series, if we can document the numbering each group uses, and conform it to this standard numbering, it may be possible to have the mods sort the chapters out at some point down the road if they're not too crazy.

Thanks for reading! Please remember to leave a comment when suggesting changes to the numbering or contributing documentation of group's chapter order.

Staff
Super Moderator
This is still sort of experimental, but I've exported a spreadsheet of the current chapters list of the original entry as of today:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=103263681391509881737&rtpof=true&sd=true

Hopefully this is helpful enough for anyone viewing this, but it will certainly be helpful for us as this format can be fed though a custom script to auto-update the numbers based on the changes. The key things to note is to only edit the "new_" columns while keeping the original data columns intact for paper trail of changes made.

Feel free to delete any rows that are not needed to make things easier to go through. Any rows not on the spreadsheet or any rows that do not have any differences between original columns and "new_" columns should be ignored by the script.

For this particular spreadsheet, I've added an extra column for anyone to include the MD title id. (Script would need to be updated to handle this properly at some point as this sort of change was originally out of scope)

If anyone has any issues, questions or improvement suggestions about this process, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread