GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 119

Double-page supporter
Honestly whats the Empires reason for staying in this war? They’ve lost thousands upon thousands of men they do not have an ace up there sleeve and there leader is the biggest douche there ever is! Can anyone please shed some light on this?
Didn’t stop hitler, didn’t stop Saddam.

Why would another tyrant surprisingly be salty about losing.

Honestly whats the Empires reason for staying in this war? They’ve lost thousands upon thousands of men they do not have an ace up there sleeve and there leader is the biggest douche there ever is! Can anyone please shed some light on this?
Pride ... thats it... ignorant pride.

I'm honestly getting kind of bored with this, it's the same thing every chapter lately. Just tanks and jets blowing shit up for a couple dozen pages.
Yeah, what happened to our main characters? Feel like I haven't seen them in a year of chapters.

Idiotic levels of fanaticism. And the threat of having friends and family executed if they under-preform or desert.

Double-page supporter
At page 32 how do they operate those guns in the tank?... Remote controlled?... They had 3 small arms gun in the turret...

Dex-chan lover
I also have to give credits to the Imperials for both their guerillia ambushes in the forrest area and the idea with the trenches, though the trenches have been meant as a device for hiding and not as an tank obstacle. Still, trench-tactics are really modern afterall. And it worked, as they created confusion among the JSDF. Yet still they underestimated the power of thee JSDF's information network. They can magicaly talk to each other. They created maps of the topography BEFORE attacking. And yes, they could have used thermography as well, but I guess the JSDF felt, they needed some kind of handicap or winning no fun, or something along these lines...

I excuse those stupid forrest generals by assuming they couldn't imagine the JSDF (a force that already wiped the floor with their armies before and showed incredible economic feats by their standards (in other words: are filthy rich/have seemingly endless resources)) couldn't organize accurate maps in the weeks beforehand? Maybe accurate maps are rare in their world, yet still. Okay. I can only excuusee them by so far, taht the guerillia tactics was indeed the best choice.

But no excuses for those jerks in the open terrain on that hill. They take the cake. "What does it matter, if it doesn't hit?" True, but it did hit, didn't it? Even a close impact with the heat, the shockwave and the debris (that double as shrapnels) is enough to count as hit. Poor information situation aside. Those were generals. They should have been briefed about "explosive magic". It's funny how that guy, that went into the shelter, made better use of "What does it matter, if it doesn't (directly) hit (the shelter)?", than the guy who acctually said it. At least that one had some protection from the flying debris. My guess is, he still lives.

Last edited:
Group Leader
At page 32 how do they operate those guns in the tank?... Remote controlled?... They had 3 small arms gun in the turret...
The two with shields are manned turrets, and the one just above the main barrel is remote controlled from inside the tank.

Yea pretty much all the ambushes could have been avoided if they used thermals since it not like the enemy would have understand it or even have a any ways to combat that. Honestly if your going to make a story about war that is one sided you might as well make it extremely one-sided and show all the cool stuff and how the other side has no hope at all.
They're buried under the earth. Thermals wouldn't show them.

Dex-chan lover
Yea pretty much all the ambushes could have been avoided if they used thermals since it not like the enemy would have understand it or even have a any ways to combat that. Honestly if your going to make a story about war that is one sided you might as well make it extremely one-sided and show all the cool stuff and how the other side has no hope at all.
Two reasons:
•First, they weren't expecting the not-roman army to use guerrilla tactics and ambushes on them; it was only recently that they changed their tactics and it caught the japanese off-guard
•Second, and most important, they're ON A FRICKIN' DESERT, so any kind of thermal signature would most likely be altered by the heat waves emmited by the extremely hot area

MAAAAAAAAAN

Do i love this series!
Really wish there were a few more like this :C

I think it's quite strange that the Japanese don't use thermals for reconnaissance.
I wonder if, at the time this was written, the JSDF had access to that particular tech. Seeing as how the Japanese had been trying to keep the Americans/Chi-coms/Russians out of the picture, maybe in retaliation they're not getting the most current stuff...

Group Leader
I wonder if, at the time this was written, the JSDF had access to that particular tech. Seeing as how the Japanese had been trying to keep the Americans/Chi-coms/Russians out of the picture, maybe in retaliation they're not getting the most current stuff...
They're purposefully using old tech, like Vietnam War era equipment, in case they need to bail back to Earth and leave the stuff behind. The locals would be able to reverse engineer the stuff to give their technology a boost, but not enough to be a World-Power level threat if they invaded Japan again.

Power Uploader
Don't get why some of you think the ambush could even work. Like they have swords good luck with using that on tacks. Sure you could ambush troops on foot but that would be hard because most are being transported rather than on foot. Sure the giants could crush a car or something but a tank would just run over the troops.

Also, armies like these would route without a problem. It is not pride or not knowing what the JSDF can do but the slaughter would just force the army to route. Like in our world tactics changed slowly with new tech but here you can see that they would fight in formations and then 1 min later 50% of the troops got blasted by artillery. People would look for cover and formations would stop existing. There is a reason why cav charges were so effective in our world and why it was an important thing to watch out for as a general.

Fed-Kun's army
If they have air superiority why did the helicopters travelling with the armored column not act as a forward recon?

Also, if they were not travelling in a column but in a battle ready formation as depicted, why was there insufficient spacing between the armored units?

Users who are viewing this thread