GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 133

Dex-chan lover
SvLJQdx.png

Aggregator gang
This lol

For no reason their sea extends all the way down to south china sea.
In south east asia we frequently find their vessel.
Can't blame the author, considering he is ex-military he should had his share as well of catching these ships.

Not to mention the mainlanders when they come as tourists.

Westerners call us racist but it really is common occurance. The damage is done, we just learned from it.
Man, our little naval force on the other side of the world, in Argentina, had to deal with their f*cking literal fishing floating cities getting into our national sea limits every f*cking time. I think we sinked some of their ilegal fishers several times. I don't want to know what they are doing with their neighbouring countries were they can push an actual naval force and not only ilegal fishing...

China maybe like to Spy or even claim things that aren't theirs to be, well, theirs. But, idk, knowing China's policies, if this "Gate" situation would happen, unless there's Chinese citizens that were also kidnapped or killed by the Empire in Ginza, they would most likely not do anything. Also I want to know what happens to Tyuule.

Dex-chan lover
Ever heard of the UN Security Council? If permanent members decided that the Japanese got too ahead of themselves Japan could get sanctioned like North Korea or even get a peacekeeping mission in there.
Like I said it doesn't matter. Sanctions are only effective if are followed and cause huge damage. With unlimited supply of ores and food from the gate , they really don't need any trades. On the contrary for the special goods from the gate most countries will make secret dealings with them despite the sanctions.
And rejecting the peace keeping force is just about manipulating public opinion against it and blocking their entry.

Dex-chan lover
Ever heard of the UN Security Council? If permanent members decided that the Japanese got too ahead of themselves Japan could get sanctioned like North Korea or even get a peacekeeping mission in there.
The security council is a joke bro, it only works for the permanent members, and even then, it only works against non-permanent members.
If the US, china, UK, russia or france decide they wanna get frisky, the council is completely incapable of not only stopping them, but even punishing them.

Double-page supporter
Just like their airplanes; piece by piece.
Submarine assembly requires a lot more supporting infrastructure than even the largest airplane. Tighter tolerances too.

In the real world, they ship complete submarines by sea to customers. While fighter jets and helicopters get airlifted as large parts with assembly at the receiving country's airbase.

Aggregator gang
Submarine assembly requires a lot more supporting infrastructure than even the largest airplane. Tighter tolerances too.

In the real world, they ship complete submarines by sea to customers. While fighter jets and helicopters get airlifted as large parts with assembly at the receiving country's airbase.
That's the thing. Idk how large JSDF infrastructures in the other side outside of the HQ. Haven't read the sequel's novel yet.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said it doesn't matter. Sanctions are only effective if are followed and cause huge damage. With unlimited supply of ores and food from the gate , they really don't need any trades. On the contrary for the special goods from the gate most countries will make secret dealings with them despite the sanctions.
And rejecting the peace keeping force is just about manipulating public opinion against it and blocking their entry.
You do realise that not so long ago they were still doing an exploration on the other world resources (Itami's last mission) and this means that they haven't established supply lines of those to Japan? And Japanese domestic resources are really scarce (one of the reasons for Japan to upscale military involvement in WWII), so it does matter and very much so, at least, until those lines are established, but it'd take months or even years, all while economy collapses and ordinary people start starving and let's not forget the possibility of the Gates getting shut down for all eternity.
Who said that a 'troublemaker' could reject anyting the Council decided on? Korean war, Jugoslavia, Libya, Syria don't ring a bell?

The security council is a joke bro, it only works for the permanent members, and even then, it only works against non-permanent members.
If the US, china, UK, russia or france decide they wanna get frisky, the council is completely incapable of not only stopping them, but even punishing them.
As Japan isn't a permanent member of the UNSC, it can't be a joke for the Japanese, because if the US and the other two NATO countries along with very much hostile China and Russia DECIDED to bring Japan to 'justice' they'd be able to do it. And that's what I wrote in my previous message, btw.

Last edited:
I mean... the prime minister isn't exactly wrong is he? If China is already making all of the motions of kicking off a war, including hacking infrastructure and limiting critical resources all while having "not us" drone attacks, moving their warships into territorial waters and having near miss jets flying around, it's not exactly something Japan could likely handle.

Especially since their forces are spread thin. Even if they only have a quarter of their military force in the Gate they will need help from other nations to defend themselves, never mind the fact that Leilei was kidnapped despite the guy's "gut feeling." I know the author is Japan or nothing, but the fact that Japan's even held sole usage of the Gate without even allowing UN allies to at least inspect or send some of their own members in is hard to believe after all this time.
To think that Japan can use the gate for their own without sharing with thr US, peak fiction

Users who are viewing this thread