GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

@migh manga (translation at least) has yet to catch up to the ending of the second season of the anime. Take into account that the anime seem to gloss over anything gore or too violent hence why it's so much faster... seeing the speed of the scanlation, you're better off waiting for the 3rd season which should come out next year i believe

Fed-Kun's army
hmmm well im not really into gore things anyway but i didnt see any announce for season 3 tho are u sure about it ?

@awrs1234 oh well I just googled season 3 and I got a bunch of articles talking about it but they just might be talking about the spin-off actually

I'm mad about the Americans being shitty irl america has crushed japan in 1941 and we can crush them now

wow they trying to joke with common tropes?? did not expect that, especially from anyone else than itami

@Gurff

Japan doesn't really have an army, they have just the jdsf and a lot of japanese people hate them ( I dont know the reason). This manga is a right wing pro army manga, so they show the jdsf as super heroes that never loses. Its clear the author goal is to raise some popularity to jsdf.

@burmn123 I heard he is a former member of the JSDF so maybe he simply likes them and want to show them under a better light.
Who cares if it is biased or not. It is not insulting to anybody and on the overall well written and entertaining ! Unlike all the copy paste Isekai with bland MC & Harem.

(As for foreign countries, they are only shown trying to gain something from Japan doing something undercover. They are not exactly labelled as EVIL, rather OPPONENTS)

So why complaining a japannases to make his country army as hero

Hollywod always do that by the way and no one complaining

@Yogigs
It's a little different. Hollywood may have developed some pro-war movies which demonstrate a one sided effort to promote a certain agenda, but you can find just as many against the same issue which is why you shouldn't painting Hollywood or any other group with such a broad stroke. The bigger issue here is that the actions in this manga parallel the actions and stances of the Japanese government during WWII while invading other Asian countries that to this day they refute ever occurred despite mounting evidence from everyone around the globe including their own scholars. If this was 80-90 years ago, this could literally be a propaganda piece for Japanese incursion into Asia. Sure, you probably should just take this at face value as the "JSDF soldier on a white horse saving everyone", but as a reader, in reality, the knight on a white horse does not exist and no one will save you out of the kindness of their hearts.

Double-page supporter
@Gurff ya ya, 'Murica #1, we get it, small dick complex. At least using my healthcare doesn't make me homeless bankrupt.

I'd say about equal; they don't differ much if any in story although the manga is finally passing the anime by a few chapters.

The only downside is that author doesn't know a nickel about politics and this makes pacing frustrating

Fed-Kun's army
> The bigger issue here is that the actions in this manga parallel the actions and stances of the Japanese government during WWII while invading other Asian countries

If that refers to Japan & JSDF in this manga, I have to call BS on that. It is the Empire (at first) and Zorzal's rebellion (later) that are closer to Imperial Japan in 2nd World War. JSDF here are like Americans in Saving Private Ryan and the likes. Yanagida is an evil ass, but American war movies have equivalents (Wardaddy in Fury murdering prisoners and ordering his men to do the same).

After binging to the latest chapter I keep on thinking about how they just swept the Japanese being kidnapped and enslaved under the rug. Idk much about diplomacy, but if your country is attacked and people are kidnapped and enslaved you probably wouldn't want to make peace with them especially when your a country far stronger. They don't even show the emotional damage from the girl who become a sex slave and lost her whole family. They just make her seem nearly unaffected from it. They just say "we'll trade our prisoners we treated fairly for the slaves you kidnapped and abused" to the empire. Pretty stupid imo

Users who are viewing this thread