GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

Fed-Kun's army
> They just make her seem nearly unaffected from it. They just say "we'll trade our prisoners we treated fairly for the slaves you kidnapped and abused" to the empire. Pretty stupid imo

Point. But some other commentators here seem to think that was "the actions and stances of the Japanese government during WWII while invading other Asian countries". The Hell?

Can someone tell me why this is so popular? It's listed as "HOT" on a couple websites, but the series doesn't appeal to me so much. I haven't read pass chapter 10

@readingperson because other people (who are not you) have their own taste, so, not being you, they have their own opinion (not yours btw).

Fed-Kun's army
does the sexual violence involve the main heroines ?

The reason why it is popular is because of these factors
-character designs
-really detailed drawings
-modern vs medieval fantasy
-way better than the anime which was a bit of a let down
-probably just to see what modern military and how medieval warfare can clash look like

@migh nah, its more about slaves and hostages that were taken and raped while turn into sex slaves, but its not made in a way to shock, its not any different from real life. The sexual violence is actually one of the point keys in the plot.

Fed-Kun's army
> -probably just to see what modern military and how medieval warfare can clash look like

Does decent job at that. At least better than many others.

@naimasitiayot

Hehe, I made that. And it’s the truth, why else would the author have her look like a loli? Granted, at least the manga version is more covered so to be less fan-servicey then the anime, but it also shows a lack of confidence in the authors own work if he has to resort to such tactics to gain money.

It feels like the author is an millitary otaku who dont know a cent about politics , economy ,diplomacy ,bereaucracy , code of conduct , jornalism , or any other topics to be precise

MD@Home
haven't seen the anime, but the manga really leaves much to be desired.
no, the drawings are good - with blood and guts flying all over the place... but the plot seems to be pretty far-fetched and characters (especially MC) acting like teenagers (to please the target audiences, it seems).
5 out of 10.

Fed-Kun's army
> It feels like the author is an millitary otaku who dont know a cent about politics , economy ,diplomacy ,bereaucracy , code of conduct , jornalism , or any other topics to be precise

Author has military background, really. He may not have experience about the other fields though.

The author doesn’t seem to know how Militaries fought in the past, apparently he thinks that the Pre-Renaissance militaries never use strategies and tactics and just employ suicidal charges to win battles and never diverging from that single way of fighting. Not bothering to do basic scouting and intel collecting.

For an author who used to be in the military, you’d think he would’ve known this, guess he couldn’t have been assed to bother studying famous pre-Renaissance Generals like Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, etc. instead, he just made the Empire to be Inept, Barbaric, Savages who would Slaughter civilians for fun and profit. Just to show how noble the JSDF is, Because nationalism says so!

Shame how much wasted potential this manga is. It’s ruined by the Author’s incompetency, Ultra Nationalism, and His wet loser otaku dreams.

Does anyone happen to know if chapter 93 is the latest chapter to be released by the author?I searched for a while and it seems like it is, but i'd just like to get a confirmation on that.

@Kuokkanen
Author has military background, really. He may not have experience about the other fields though.
It doesn't really look like it though
Any pilot would never hand his equipment to civilian unless the civilian is a pilot itself.
I really suspect the military career of the author.

Here is a more realistic manga with the same premise, if you don't already know.
Nihonkoku Shoukan

Users who are viewing this thread