Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss

@Poisondilu
I haven't read the novel in a while but I believe the cat is basically part of her soul. Somehow in her past life, she basically inscribed it to her soul. I've seen similar concepts in other web novels, Peerless alchemist and Shen Yi Di Nu in which the main character has a pseudo soul space in which they can pull stuff out of from there previous life.

Oh wow, didn't think that this would get drawn.
I was very conflicted when
I read that Nangong Yu is actually a specifically programmed incarnation of some powerful expert trying to resolve his harsh coldness by reincarnating and trying to find and coax a special physique holder to voluntarily give away their virginity.
Which usually meant sure death without enough power.
Since it seems quite likely that Yu was artificially forced to have intense affections for the heroine.
Although 1800ish chapters later seems like maybe Yu's feelings turned deep and like a virus affecting the main body to somehow doesn't matter anymore with the heroine reaching the required level to stay alive from curing him.
I do feel pretty bad for the heroine's heartbreak moments around that period.
I don't really like the character Yu much after the reveal of his true identity.

Dex-chan lover
There has to be a better way to convey "black belly" in the English language.

Dex-chan lover
i don't really want to say it.. and complain about it... but i can't help myself. This actually a simple things.

This mangua should be tag isekai and crossdress i believe.. because a large chunk of the story was Wuxie disguised as a male. Well i don't really know if it would be different in this manhua version. And lastly, i believe this is not timetravel.

I've been waiting for someone to change the tag without me left a comment. Well either way, i already said it. If there a moderator or admin can change the tag. If you change it. Thank you very much. If you didn't change it at all.. Well i already said it.. at least I'll be a bit relieved.

Why this thing even bother me... sigh.

@Lightbrand as per the alternative title, 'black belly' essentially means 'two-faced' specifically in the sense of secretly doing evil/rotten things while seeming normal on the outside. The manhua keeps the 'black belly' part because that's how the novel was translated.

Group Leader
@Askun I've added the isekai and crossdressing tag.

BTW is the time travel tag correct or not? It seems this is isekai but not time travel based on the summary.

@reika Can you remove crossdressing? She dressed up as a guy for one chapter as a disguise. If a whole series is labelled 'crossdressing' then I'd expect that to be the character default state/dress, which this is definitely not the case.
I'd also say no 'time travel'; just isekai

Dex-chan lover
@bajuwa well, there a lot more time Wuxie spending disguise as a male in the near future. i don't wanna spoiler it.. but i'm just saying that. And as a novel reader, it take a lot of chapter when her future friend realize Wuxie was a woman.

@reika this is base on the novel, idk if manhua would be different. But i don't recall any time travel at all. Is entirely different world. The prologue for this manhua version is not really make it obvious it seems. But she die and transmigrate as Jun Wuxie. before she just Wuxie with unknown surname. And the fact the previous world coexist with other novel ( like Good for nothing seventh young miss [later Shen yanxiao FL of this novel mention by wuxie]) back up that is not time travel, but entirely different world.

Group Leader
@bajuwa @Askun

Alright, thanks for the input. I removed the crossdressing tag since it seems minor right now. It can always be added again if it becomes a major thing in the manhua. I removed the time travel tag since it seems its isekai.

Question: would this be reincarnation instead of time travel?

Fed-Kun's army
I've definitely read the novel before but the fact that I don't remember a lot of the events after this makes me think that I dropped it for some reason (not sure ?) so I'm happy that I get to give this another shot as a webtoon. I hope that I didn't hate the novel's events and just got bored at some point so that the webtoon can remedy that

Dex-chan lover
@reika in Chinese manhua and novel (as far as i observed it) . Transmigration and reincarnation always being distinguished in one another. While transmigration usually possess already an age body, reincarnation always start as a baby. And that's was the only different. Personally i count this as reincarnation.

CMIIW!!

why is this an isekai? i didn't see anything in the story that alluded to that. Does the novel explain it better?

Nevermind, should've read ch.0

There is novel for this also, https://readwebnovels.net/novel/genius-doctor-black-belly-miss/ if anyone read it before please is it worth it ?

Users who are viewing this thread