Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 60 - The Arrival of the Saint (2)

Dex-chan lover
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Accept multiple religions as national religions, but make sure this one has its worst possible representative as its head so it can't gain any ground.
Well, worst is a matter of perspective.

According
Souji drinks and visits brothels regularly, but he keeps true to the faith and not the church. He knows the upper church members are corrupt and power hungry. He won't bend to their machinations and later agrees to help Souma by breaking away from the corrupt church and be a good leader to the followers in Fredonia.

Dex-chan lover
About time. Nothing worse than a harem series where MC doesn't actually touch any of them.
Problem is that many so-called "harem" manga just aren't harems, they are groups of females (of varying ages) who like or are in love with the male protagonist. That isn't a harem, if anything it's a "love polygon." So, in these cases it actually doesn't make sense for the MC to "touch" any of them as that is effectively the MC choosing them, which effectively ends the series...
To Love-Ru (and Darkness) fall under this category. That one about opposing Yakuza groups getting along solely because their leaders' children were "dating" is another (can't remember it's name off hand). There are many more "tagged" as "harems" but truly are not...

Dex-chan lover
HimuM97.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Welp, thats it for now. I look forward to seeing Mary again in the future and her further character development as things progress with the Church.

Dex-chan lover
Problem is that many so-called "harem" manga just aren't harems, they are groups of females (of varying ages) who like or are in love with the male protagonist. That isn't a harem, if anything it's a "love polygon." So, in these cases it actually doesn't make sense for the MC to "touch" any of them as that is effectively the MC choosing them, which effectively ends the series...
To Love-Ru (and Darkness) fall under this category. That one about opposing Yakuza groups getting along solely because their leaders' children were "dating" is another (can't remember it's name off hand). There are many more "tagged" as "harems" but truly are not...
If you want get nitpicky about it, then there are practically no manga about harems, because "harem" actually refers to the part of the house containing the women's private quarters. Polygamy optional.

Dex-chan lover
If you want get nitpicky about it, then there are practically no manga about harems, because "harem" actually refers to the part of the house containing the women's private quarters. Polygamy optional.
True, but: definition 2 and 3.
Forgive me if the link doesn't work, doing this on my phone. To replicate the intent of the link simply go to Google and type: "define harem" (without quotes, obviously).
Also, while the entire manga isn't about that definition of harem, the most recent entire arc of Shinju no Nectar is.

EDIT: also, I really wouldn't call this "nitpicky" as the general intent of the usage of the word "harem" is to signify one male and many females in an intimate relationship (of some, often explicit, kind) rather than "one indecisive guy not choosing between a group of potentially interested females." Yes, I know the "true origin" of the word, and, yes, I know that language "evolves" over time (see quoted word as an example), but there is "evolution" and then there is "just plain abuse." I would place the general "tag" usage of "harem" in the latter category as plenty of other single words (or word pairs) more accurately fit it's intent without completely ignoring the usage of the word itself. (And, yes, I also know of the old meaning/usage of "frigid")

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This manga artist is known for having excellent hentai. I'm disappointed in the lack of segs.
My guess, it's more down to publisher then desire to omit the bumping of fuglies.

Or the mangaka just needed a breather so used this story as their relaxation piece between more heated projects.

Dex-chan lover
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Accept multiple religions as national religions, but make sure this one has its worst possible representative as its head so it can't gain any ground.
I was thinking Souma chose that particular priest because he's extremely easy to understand and thus come to an agreement with. He cares for nothing but a luxurious life, by the looks of it. Most probably he doesn't even care about all priests having wealth, it's enough he personally has. I doubt he wants to challenge international treaties or any of that stuff. Since he has been sidelined by the holy kingdom and could probably be convinced he was going to be executed, his "loyalty" might be easily bought. So, he would willingly work for Souma in exchange for easy life and wouldn't want to deepen the influence of the holy kingdom anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
I get really annoyed with people constantly marking a story as harem even when the MC has no romantic/carnal interest in any of them or even interested in just one of them, I get especially irritated when it's only young teenagers/children and the MC only shows fatherly/familial love for them and people mark it as a harem (and the MC as a pedo) when it's all in their own sick twisted imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread