Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 60 - The Arrival of the Saint (2)

Dex-chan lover
With this, finally all other soon-to-be wives can do the same.... except Juna? Because iirc, Souma won't touch Juna or announce their engagement until Juna retire from idol work.

Dex-chan lover
Except everyone in the country knows already, during the public broadcast after the defeat of Gaius' army she and/or her grandmother directly asked Souma to take her as a concubine.
I don't think that was broadcasted to the public. The castle servants and ministers there heard it, but without mass communication on an easy scale, it isn't easy to pass that out.

Looking at Ch38 and 39, I don't see a broadcaster or any note the event is being shown. I also don't remember that in the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Except everyone in the country knows already, during the public broadcast after the defeat of Gaius' army she and/or her grandmother directly asked Souma to take her as a concubine.
The people who knows about Juna's engagement to Souma were only the people inside the castle. The public didn't know yet. That's why, Mary didn't have any trait that resemble Juna. Mary was choke full of the traits of Souma's wifes, but not Juna. That's also why, Souma feeling uneasy when she faced Mary.

Contributor
Roroa chose the best words for the tactic. It was 100% a honey trap meant to deceive a lesser man, too bad for them Souma isn't such a simple-minded bloke nor a dumb horny bastard who only thinks with his dick. They underestimated him. Rather cunning bastards running the church. Using pretty orphans raised to become pawns to be used in seduction schemes, much like a big aristocrat family with a lot of daughters to be sent away for political marriages.

If any girl's gonna be haremette #5 I'd say only Empress Maria is worthy of consideration at this point. "Saintess" Mary is a no-go for being an obedient tool of the church and a possible sleeper agent. So long as Maria doesn't upend the pecking order and/or upstage Liscia maybe she can even be accepted by the other girls. Of course that's ignoring political realities, in practice this is impossible without causing major political upheaval and her own position as ruling Empress threatens Liscia's position as first wife, which I certainly do not want.

Score one for Liscia. There's something amazing about how he's making crucial political decisions while tightly embracing his first wife-to-be, as if he's borrowing strength from the warmth of their hug and charging their lovey-dovey batteries at the same time. :meguupog:

Heir making time? About time they consummated their love. With this, Souma rises above a lot of other "harem" protags who won't even give the time of day to a girl already willing and throwing herself at him.

Office sex for their first time, whew. :lewd:
I do kinda hope they wait for... results from Liscia first before giving the other future wives their turn. I feel it's only right that the firstborn should come from the first wife.

He did say that he was refusing their offer, but the fact that he accepted to change the national religion even as part of a scheme made me a little uneasy. I wonder how he interpreted that. Could it be that it's just one out of many national religions? Not like anybody ever said to make it the only exclusive religion, right?

Dex-chan lover
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Accept multiple religions as national religions, but make sure this one has its worst possible representative as its head so it can't gain any ground.
Even better. The guy is corrupt meaning he can be manipulated.
On a side note I was already told in spoilers but reading again that my guess "what the saint actually is" was dead on is still disturbing.

With this, finally all other soon-to-be wives can do the same.... except Juna? Because iirc, Souma won't touch Juna or announce their engagement until Juna retire from idol work.
in reality June will be the next one to get pregnant, given that the other girls will have sex with souma only after marriage

Dex-chan lover
Doesn’t quite translate but I assume it’s a wording thing where the Saint wanted a Goverment mandated/exclusive religion while Souma used a general recognized but not exclusive wording.

Also yeah the priest sounds like an outsider but not all on its face (especially seeing that spoiler earlier). Most important thing was not getting a zealous puppet. The country has tons of immigrants so you can’t exclude the religion

Dex-chan lover
1) There are a significant number of followers in the country already who could rebel if he gives a hard no.

2) Souma doesn't want any religion to have a beachhead into his government. He wants to keep his government secular and not favoring one religion over the others.
Having the corruptible, yet powerful priest as head of the church there is very good, not because it discredits the church, but because it keeps it in check. A person that is corruptible and gives allegiance to greed and avarice is controllable... a true believer is faithful only to their belief. At the same time, this priest is powerful enough with enough support to not be completely removed he can push back on the central church's agenda from the safety of another country. As a priest he would be lukewarm in the church's agenda, not pushing or resisting it very strongly, as opposed to maintaining a profitable "status quo".

Dex-chan lover
I get really annoyed with people constantly marking a story as harem even when the MC has no romantic/carnal interest in any of them or even interested in just one of them, I get especially irritated when it's only young teenagers/children and the MC only shows fatherly/familial love for them and people mark it as a harem (and the MC as a pedo) when it's all in their own sick twisted imagination.
Yes. This, while there are plenty of other great (in a bad way) examples, THIS is the epitome of the problem.
As I replied to another person earlier, I do understand the "evolution" of language whereby a word takes on new meaning or its meaning changes completely (see "frigid" as an example), but it takes some real absurd and abusive effort to do this in many cases (I can't really speak on the "efforts" to change "frigid" but "harem" is a prime example here).
FFS people, harem is not simply one male and any number (greater than or equal to "two") of females...

Dex-chan lover
I actually did not expect that. But congrats both of you. I assume more of that will happen soon. :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Yes. This, while there are plenty of other great (in a bad way) examples, THIS is the epitome of the problem.
As I replied to another person earlier, I do understand the "evolution" of language whereby a word takes on new meaning or its meaning changes completely (see "frigid" as an example), but it takes some real absurd and abusive effort to do this in many cases (I can't really speak on the "efforts" to change "frigid" but "harem" is a prime example here).
FFS people, harem is not simply one male and any number (greater than or equal to "two") of females...

harem in American English​

(ˈhɛərəm, ˈhær-)
noun
1. the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women
2. the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants
3. Animal Behavior
a social group of females, as elephant seals, accompanied or followed by one fertile male who denies other males access to the group
4. facetious or offensive
a group of women associated in any way with one man or household

By definition a harem is specifically related to a single man and multiple females. That's why there is such a term as "reverse harem."

Dex-chan lover

harem in American English​

(ˈhɛərəm, ˈhær-)
noun
1. the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women
2. the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants
3. Animal Behavior
a social group of females, as elephant seals, accompanied or followed by one fertile male who denies other males access to the group
4. facetious or offensive
a group of women associated in any way with one man or household

By definition a harem is specifically related to a single man and multiple females. That's why there is such a term as "reverse harem."
Which dictionary are you using?
Simple Google search similar but significantly different results. (Google "define harem")
1. Is the same
2. Is very different "the women occupying a harem; the wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man." (Says nothing about mothers, sisters, entertainers or servants)
3. a group of female animals sharing a single mate.
While, technically, the third definition from wherever you got it from does drive my point, the second definition is explicitly different. Your source allows for platonic relationships, Google's (or, more accurately, Oxford's) doesn't... And, that, my friend,is exactly the problem.
"Reverse harem" isn't a problem (by definition) as it is (generally) one woman in a romantic relationship with a group of men. The problem is when the relationship of a so-called "harem" is in no way romantic.

But, by all means, cite your source so we can critique the dictionary you are using. Mine, again, is a Google function which pulls results from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Dex-chan lover
This manga artist is known for having excellent hentai. I'm disappointed in the lack of segs.
Well, the Author and the Artist are 2 different people, so I guess that's why the lack of action in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being an office worker tasked by your king to do bureaucratic work, so you go and sit down on one of the couches to start working only to feel a strange dampness

and then you realize you're sitting where your boss had been fucking his wife raw
Welp, considering what his wife looks like
immediately pops a boner

Users who are viewing this thread