Genkai Dokushin Joshi (26) Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Feels more like a depressive version of Neeko wa Tsurai yo. Hope she can emerge out of her shell.
Wait Neeko wa Tsurai yo wasn't depressive? The problem with Neeko wa Tsurai yo is that it has the girl get a job that is not meaningful to her. She is eventually going to hate her job and quit. I hope this manga doesn't fall into the same trap.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This manga is a mirror. It wants to show you you're weaknesses thru the girl. It wants to help you become better, and doing it by "helping" the girl slowly become better. It wants to help you and the main girl help themselves. This manga empathizes with and tries to help the readers.
I keep seeing myself in her and... yeah.
It'll seem bad when you first start. God knows I was terrible at it when I first started taking art seriously. (Hell, I despised art before I picked up the pencil by my own will). But you get better, and it genuinely is fun.
Maybe I should take a lesson from this and actually put in the effort to improve. Y'know, more than the meagre amounts I've been trying. This manga is... nice, in the same way being shown your issues in the mirror is nice, but with none of the offense at being called out for your lack of trying.
Well, here's to hoping we all can get better, and that this manga stays it's course, because it's pretty good right now.

Dex-chan lover
Well she already has the self-esteem, social skills, diet, and hygiene of a mangaka down.

Dex-chan lover
Wait Neeko wa Tsurai yo wasn't depressive? The problem with Neeko wa Tsurai yo is that it has the girl get a job that is not meaningful to her. She is eventually going to hate her job and quit. I hope this manga doesn't fall into the same trap.
What would be truly depressing is if it turns into Relife and she just returns to the rat race. That series is disturbing on so many levels.

Group Leader
'I hope this doesn't affect my blood sugar.'

Gurl, that was the very definition of spiking your blood sugar through the ceiling and then out the roof into space. Well, if it motivated you...

Dex-chan lover
you gotta start with baby steps. Workout is like a mountain climb. Taking a walk around the area is so much better, see what's there. A little exploration of your living area.
Also, that drawing tutorial or w/e isn't very nice.

You know I realized this story is basically like the Riri-chan story, but there is no wholesome childhood friend to save the protag from her despair, she has to do it on her own.
I looked it up, but all I got was a story about a crossdresser confessing to his hot childhood friend.
God I just want to go there and give her a hug. I hope she gets happier and happier.
I can fix her.

Wow wait, this went by amazingly well! I find this chap relatable, I used to enjoy drawing and was good at it as a kid but dropped it and now if I try drawing I get a spasm from the horrors that I create.

Supporter
what-are-they-doing-v0-bztp1khbd20b1.png

Users who are viewing this thread