Genkai Level 1 kara no Nariagari ~Saijaku Level no Ore ga Isekai Saikyou ni Naru made - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
@Meishellobye they are the 4 fucks that were trying to take a girl into a love hotel back in japan, the mc took her and run and then the 6 of them were summoned

Are you trying to tell me than a very old intelligent elf just shouted a secret they just discussed instead of not just saying we don’t have money? Yeah sure, it’s an isekai but have some fucking standards! Seriously, what the fuck happened to the isekai genre. I’m gonna drop this damn thing.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, before even that
Have you guys considered how out of it it is for isekai'd children to immediately go 'i'ma go on a slavery and genocide spree on these creatures that can speak to me! Oh and beautiful women? That's sex time!'.
Like, sure, highschoolers are horn dogs. But horn dog and no morality? the heck?

@wanfai Weren't those guys douchebags even before being summoned? They probably only held back in the other world because they knew there would be consequences. Here, however, they stronger than most other people so they stopped holding back.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, this seemed a bit to long... we get it, theyre scum.. no need to give them so many pages... just...yuck... not to mention another bunch of 2 dimensional villains just written as everyday bullies for the japanese schoolers to relate to...

@wanfai
Firstly, I guess is that it doesn't exactly feel "real" to them given it is another world. Secondly, you give a bunch of jerks who would harass women unfathomable power and this is one possible scenario. People who take things because they have the power tend to escalate.

That being said, I agree that most people wouldn't end up like this or at least abuse their powers to this degree (Because most people are not this scummy). However, according to research (e.g. the Stanford Prison Experiment) people given power, even if decent, will use that power to extreme ends.

There's one more discussion I'd like to open (this just if you've also wondered about this):
What would make these villains better? I understand that the rapist immoral all-powerful asshole villain is a trope in isekai and is used really often. The author needs us to hate the characters (so the MC can grant us a sense of satisfaction when he destroys them), but is it necessarily bad?

Let's pretend we discard their "origin" in the story as a bunch of guys harassing a girl and then getting isekai'd. How do we create villains we want to see destroyed using other means? Please keep in mind I am just asking the question and respect the opinions of those who have commented about the villains in this thread.

Dex-chan lover
@LeFlash
just read the summary.

basically he and every other summoned person is either at or near level cap. The others are the "bad guys" and he's the "good guy." but his status screen is bugged out to only show the first digit of his actual level, so... the evil humans that summoned them, tossed him away where he teams up with a catgirl waifu & the mascot.

Supporter
@DeathDonut Would be nice to have properly written villains once in a while.

Isekai's the wrong place to expect deep characters and proper world-building. Like watching a B-horror movie that cost 100€ to make and expecting quality on par with Alien.

@LeFlash

max lv is 1. got kicked and thrown down a cliff. almost died by some starving goblins but leveled up by consuming dragon corpse. killed goblins and consumed them. met catgirl waifu and killed spider together. met elf-waifu with teddybear-curse. was trained and consumed mobs to get stronger. defeated big golem and got even stronger. met some dark knight ghost right after (possible hidden waifu), who mysteriously disappeared after. went to that town we currently are at.

@someunregpunk

I don't think it's bugged. but he gains the stats, allowing him to grow limitless. So for him the concept of "level" doesn't matter. Otherwise after killing it would show something of 2/1 or smth else, at the very least.

Supporter
I dont believe in artist’s styles anymore, “oh look, a nice adventure and kind of chill” *RAPE SCENE* “oh, not again.”

Users who are viewing this thread