Genkai Level 1 kara no Nariagari ~Saijaku Level no Ore ga Isekai Saikyou ni Naru made

There is a way to save this trainwreck of a story, simply by making the "ability" a curse that makes you take over all the bad traits of the enemies you kill.
If you absorb ogres, you'll get cannibalistic urges, if you absorb orcs/goblins, you'll find yourself raping innocent women in your next sane moment, absorbing feral wolves will make you go berserk for long periods of time.

And of course, you will look less and less human with every monster you absorb, starting with the skin colour, growing horns and fangs, tails and claws, fur or a scaly armor, losing the ability to communicate, to hear, to see, to smell or whatever.

And to counteract this and to get back to a more human appearance,the only way out is to kill and devour innocent humans (mostly women and children).
This would offer a great deal of material and possible scenarios to create a good story where the main character is neither good nor really evil, but his actions are driven on the one hand by egoism and on the other hand by altruism, trying to find a balance equilibrium in a world he fails to comprehend because everyone in it is neither his true friend nor his true enemy.

underrated copycat of https://mangadex.org/title/33797/lv2-kara-cheat-datta-moto-yuusha-kouho-no-mattari-isekai-life

Looking at the art and the tone of the story makes me feel like the author couldn't make up their mind on whether to write a slice of life comedy or a tragic revenge story. Feels half-assed overall.

Worth checking out the comments just for the painfully edgelord "fix"

Double-page supporter
Oh look another harem and mc going through garbage emotional trials. Go on then, where's the loli? There's always a loli in trash like this

Dex-chan lover
It feels like i have read through this all already even though only 2 chapters are translated.

Translation is good. Story is eh. But if you're looking in the comments section, you're probably a person who ran through most of the good isekais. If you are that person, as I am, it will suffice.

Imagine what would have happened if they hadn't just thrown him into the pit and spent like a second explaining that he can view his own stats. "No human is ever born with skills" - these are literally people from another dimension you summoned, don't be so hasty to execute the guy! Now he's got a superpowered ability from the very start and hates everyone.

Fed-Kun's army
@Asriel that's actually a really good idea, but unfortunately, the author wants to make the MC a literal fucking god, so there's no way in hell that's happening :p

Dex-chan lover
Why’d they give him bitch eyes? I mean, he already has a whiny personality, but the eyes make him seem even more pathetic.

While the tone isn’t consistent, I could do without another edgelord revenge fest. I also like unconventional paths to power. I guess I’ll see where this goes.

Jeez. This group's translation is just awful. Just doing the bare minumum via programs and no rewrites.

That is a really idiotic plot device to show him saving the girl when he could have just waited 10 seconds for his mana to come back and then have her pull the lizard. Really bad writing.

... I felt like I've read the same manga.
Same plotv, heck.. even has same back story

Not the worst, but no good either. While the area (canyon of the death?) may provide some initial challenge the MC is getting far to OP for there to be anything but trashy Isekai storyline.

anybody mtl and read the wn? this right now is another crappy cash grab as a manga adapt, no explanations, no details, doesnt make sense, two throw away characs yet only one is trash?, level one but invincible, where did the high defense come from?....if an writer is needing that kind of money to sell out such trash publishers who either butcher the novel or understand the writer is a middle schooler and write stringing story lines together coherently ...its obvious that so many novel adapts to manga are just....

Contributor
anybody mtl and read the wn?
to ch103

average, approaching generic, story for those that indulge in isekai. Other uses not recommended. (my isekai wn and manga reading list adds up to 600+ titles)

and the "curse" is annoying too. Stupid storyline about that so far.

Users who are viewing this thread