Genkai OL-san wa Akuyaku Reijou-sama ni Tsukaetai - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
I'm being hyperbolic because he's a jackass in a love story between 2 girls. He clears thinks Natori is sub human by saying "she was just a summoned beast after all". I could have said racist but girl's love is the central theme.

If your first instinct is to criticize my capacity for rational thought, i suggest you re-evaluate your mannerisms.
nah, neither racism nor homophobia applies here, since he was an asshole before MC got summoned so... you are still wrong and it is correct to question the process your brain is using to reach these conclusions

Dex-chan lover
This was a cute chapter, but I can't help but think that Natori handled this poorly. She realizes now that what's going wrong is because the vice prez was able to construe her words, and that Diana got manipulated with the "you're a hero, therefore what you do is good! Believe in yourself!" bit. But all that actually got resolved this chapter was them acknowledging that the vice prez is suspicious, and then at the end Natori goes "I just want a happy ending for everyone", without being willing to clarify anything else about the situation. Just seems ripe for causing Diana to get manipulated again, just in a less straightforward way on the vice prez's part next time, into doing something actually bad because she thinks it's good.

At least Lapis seems to be smart enough in her interaction to smell his BS and not have a kneejerk reaction to it.
I think it's silly to believe the conversation will end there. Like, after the hug is over, they will just leave the room without saying anything else, making any plans, nothing. I would rather wait to see what Natori plans to do before judging how she is handling the situation.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's silly to believe the conversation will end there. Like, after the hug is over, they will just leave the room without saying anything else, making any plans, nothing. I would rather wait to see what Natori plans to do before judging how she is handling the situation.
A thing they could do after this is just, like, have a conversation with Lapis so everyone can get on the same page.

Dex-chan lover
A thing they could do after this is just, like, have a conversation with Lapis so everyone can get on the same page.
Of course I could be proven wrong, and it'd be a nice change of pace vs how they usually go, but more often than not this doesn't end up being the case in my experience. Shoujo is littered with stories that could be easily resolved if two MCs just said one more line to each other, but they don't because there's a [Drama] tag, and one of the easiest ways to generate drama that doesn't result in readers actually hating the MCs is misunderstandings (even if it ends up aggravating, lmao).

If they were gonna have Natori successfully resolve things in this conversation, I feel like they would've had it before the cathartic hug moment at the end here. Feels like the more likely outcome is they just calm down, meet up with Lapis and Lapis sulks a bit because of her jealousy she had last chap over Natori wanting to handle Diana alone, but she ultimately doesn't pry because she knows Natori wanted to handle it herself.

Obviously that's getting way into speculation territory now, but I just don't see them sitting down and having a deep talk about it when Natori told Lapis she wanted to handle it herself, and avoided telling Natori Lapis's circumstances. If she was open to having a longer talk with all three of em, I don't think she would've excluded Lapis in the first place.

Supporter
Of course I could be proven wrong, and it'd be a nice change of pace vs how they usually go, but more often than not this doesn't end up being the case in my experience. Shoujo is littered with stories that could be easily resolved if two MCs just said one more line to each other, but they don't because there's a [Drama] tag, and one of the easiest ways to generate drama that doesn't result in readers actually hating the MCs is misunderstandings (even if it ends up aggravating, lmao).

If they were gonna have Natori successfully resolve things in this conversation, I feel like they would've had it before the cathartic hug moment at the end here. Feels like the more likely outcome is they just calm down, meet up with Lapis and Lapis sulks a bit because of her jealousy she had last chap over Natori wanting to handle Diana alone, but she ultimately doesn't pry because she knows Natori wanted to handle it herself.

Obviously that's getting way into speculation territory now, but I just don't see them sitting down and having a deep talk about it when Natori told Lapis she wanted to handle it herself, and avoided telling Natori Lapis's circumstances. If she was open to having a longer talk with all three of em, I don't think she would've excluded Lapis in the first place.
There's stuff getting in the way of that, though - first is the way that Natori is just totally focused on Lapis, which is skewing her perspective on everything else. Second is the fact that Natori hasn't internalised the way Lapis feels about her (or the fact that they've basically confessed to each other) - she doesn't seem to have any real sense of what that means, and that's throwing off her judgement with a lot of things, as well as just plain distracting her. Third is the fact that Natori still seems to see Diana as if she's a favourite character in a story - lots of emotional attachment, but not much beyond that, particularly not a whole lot of investment in her as a person. And finally, the biggie, Lapis' plans are indefensible, and as soon as they come up (which will be necessary to explain to Diana the reasoning behind some of Natori's actions, as well as the underlying motivation), everything will blow up.

There are ways that at least some of these could be worked around or circumvented, but they all rely on Natori (as the only person who actually knows all the details) being in a position to basically go "right, you sit here, you sit there, now both of you shut up and listen", which she's probably just constitutionally incapable of let alone being in anything like the right mindset to do at the moment.

So yeah, this is definitely an example of the [Drama] tag misunderstandings trope, but it's not because the characters are being idiots (at least, not out of character idiots), it's because the plot has set things up such that the misunderstandings are reasonably realistic and understandable.

Dex-chan lover
Can.... Can they be a trouple... Cuz how do you even choose between Lapis and Diana... This isn't some fuckass het drama where its one pretty boy with bad attitude vs another pretty boy with ego issues

Dex-chan lover
Also big time Nat start thinking of these people as more than just game characters. It's not you changing the universe entirely on your own. But culmination of everyone's actions

Lapis looks like she's gonna murder the vice-prez XD

On the other hand I seriously wish this ends in a poly they all compliment each other in a way and I know that road won't be easy but please

Aggregator gang
I really want Diana to win however a good ending would also be a poly let me see one big sandwich please

Dex-chan lover
When your re-reading the manga while waiting for a new update and realizing Diana's right eye is only a wavy glitch like a water in a painting. :shamihuh::huh::notlikethis:

Double-page supporter
I'm glad Natori and Diana were able to have a proper conversation.
... Now Natori need to desendoctrinate Lapis, since Rudeus is a cunning manipulator.

Users who are viewing this thread