Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 18 - A young girls dawn and a fathers cold heart -2

Double-page supporter
i noticed that for some reason the isekai tag has been removed, why is that?, this is an isekai, so why was it removed?

and remember kids, never sign a blank piece of paper or leave too much empty space above your signature!

Dex-chan lover
I get it. It's more so that if somebody asks "Does this know state secrets, can we trust him?" they can reply "Don't worry, he has a magic contract with us" It's not about binding or anything, it's a formality so they can say they did.

Dex-chan lover
I got jumpscared by a pair of boobs.
What a time to be alive. Well its a good asset and pretty dense object and i think it pretty heavy that it probably able to create black hole

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they're using a shoddy contract like that because they know he'll find some way to break it even if it was top of the line stuff.

Guy fought with a holy brick and won, can't top that.

Fed-Kun's army
Why these people think the magic contract like it was IRL legal contract, all the dialogue and panel showed it was a no-bar attached, only for show contract. And common trope for magic contract was it can't be altered after it was activated, it can be cancelled but never changed for its contents without both parties acknowledgement.

Dex-chan lover
"Sign the contract Reiji"
"There's, uh, nothing there."
"Meh, it's A contract. Never said we had terms."
"Is that OK?"
"Sure, why not? It's a contract."

These 2... so good. And the balls of this kid to show up when everyone told him to bounce. At least the king didn't want to stiff him like the adventurers guid. Fuck those guys! Fuck em up Dantes and short-stack! :win:

Aggregator gang
Wait, so it's all literally just for show? There isn't even just the basic "Just don't tell anyone the Holy King lost the will to sacrifice his son to a demon and accepted a substitute." kind of thing? They're legitimately just having him sign it for the sake of being able to say that he's signed the contract with them.
This is an awesome linguistic loophole.

Dex-chan lover
Page 20 runes say "Paper made mainly from linen * cotton" on top.

The contract says "Contract pledge solemn" and then I can't read the tiny print.

All that preparation to get out of the contract, and then the actual contract is basically just a formality he can just ignore if he wants to. It's a bit like he played himself, but not really.

and remember kids, never sign a blank piece of paper or leave too much empty space above your signature!
This is why a lot of contracts have (at least) two copies, one for each part signing it.

Dex-chan lover
Blank contract feels weird, in that it feels it can be "completed" at a later date instead. But maybe it is literally just no strings attached, that would be nice eh?

Dex-chan lover
everyone who think he is getting screwed by the king truly have no idea whats going on and ignore what the characters is saying, its a magical contract that gets sealed when both sign their names on it and activate it, obviously the conditions written on it is sealed and set the moment its activated and cant be changed after the fact, if it was possible to manipulate and change the contract conditions after the fact, all contracts regardless of being blank or not would screw both parties over constantly and make them a worthless waste of time for both parties.

Group Leader
Blank contracts are stupid to sign, but being as this is a magical contract, unless there is some plot armor the author will be revealed later, the magical contract uses whats written to bind the user, empty = empty, something = something, then the magic is done and adding anything further is meaning less unless you use another contract to amend the first in some magical way (or annul the first).

what is more scary in a magical contract sense is invisible words written in a way you cant see. invisible ink or an illusion spell that makes it read or look different...

Users who are viewing this thread