Genocider - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - A Faint Hope

Dex-chan lover
Moral of the story: don't be a simp.

Also, why did keita turn into an abusive ass when he started as a good guy and helped her cover up the crime?

Dex-chan lover
Moral of the story: don't be a simp.

Also, why did keita turn into an abusive ass when he started as a good guy and helped her cover up the crime?
Debt? Most likely from being friends with that "The hat stays on, babe" dude.

Open ending as it is, this one has some closure as well. MC and heroine prolly live together, Rika recovers, leader for Rika's case is dead.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the entire manga translation. JUM with the exact type of stuff I love to hate-read. Ending was okay I guess

Dex-chan lover
Dude going crazy rather than just acting it out to cover anyone and trying to do his own "genocide" now? Fucking kekd. I kinda like this ending. Thanks JUM for translating the series.

Dex-chan lover
This did not feel like a conclusion. I hope there is a sequel being planned or something.
Thanks for the translation.
From what I know, there isn't. Miyazaki Maya does have another tank titled Genocider but that's a different thing entirely.

Dex-chan lover
After the first chapters (the countdown thing, which the author dropped just like that) and considering the title, I thought it would be some alien invasion or something, with the human conflict as a backdrop.
Instead we got this cringy vigilante justice bullshit, lol.
Except for Rika, the two detectives and the poor love hotel reception lady, everyone else was trash.

At least the doggo is alive and well. That‘s the most important part.

Supporter
oh god, that first frame of page 30 is terrible. WHY DOES SHE LOOK SO THICK lol

anyway, it was decent? ending was meh but at least it didn't extend unnecessarily

i am just enjoy this.
its pretty usual people do rate this not so good.
it always is for niche reader.

Dex-chan lover
Felt weirdly "feelgood" for an ending chapter and it has some leadup to a sequel or sosmething. Im surprised Tetsuo got away with Natsumi, they can never forgive themselves yet they continue on living on the run? kind of ironic.

No good ending for that Love Hotel lady that just died for doing her job? and the others in Aihara's killing spree? thats the only thing I hated in reading this. the fact Aihara just went mad and killed indiscriminately so suddenly. Its not even consistent cause he had many times let Atsushi live.

Also theres the fact that the art is downgrading. must be that this manga was cancelled prematurely

Dex-chan lover
I kind of like this ending. Rika is starting to recover and seems like the cops aren't going to mess with the doctor, so she at least has one positive, adult male figure in her life left. For his part, the doctor stayed a truly good guy until the end, genuinely feeling elated to see Rika recover and even covering for Big Daddy's absence in his speech to her.

As to why Natsumi and Big Daddy decide to keep living on the run - I think the author was trying to be poetic. They have lost everything and no longer have any real purpose to life, but they do have each other. Both of them are basically going to keep living, most likely destitute and always in fear of the law, as a form of penitence. I've seen this trope several times and I think it's decent enough to close their character arcs.

The very last pages with Atsushi going mad is basically the author's way of saying that the cycle of vengeance never actually stops. Just imagine if the main character was Atsushi and Tetsuo was instead the Jason/Leatherface tier villain.

Users who are viewing this thread