Genshi Otome to Kami no Tou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Treasure of Good Fortune (Second Half)

Aggregator gang
This was really good! Thanks for your Hard work and hoping for this Author next work.

Dex-chan lover
Though it was sjort, it was still good. Thx for the scanlation

Dex-chan lover
A little miffed that we never found out why the world was like that, but good yarns all the same.

Dex-chan lover
Great short series! Reminds me of another series called Nickelodeon (no not the TV show) hope the author makes more and thanks for the scanlations!

Dex-chan lover
This is probably the only one with no concrete answers, that seems to have actual magic involved, especially with that dream that involved all the other girls, from different tribes, and all in a Japanese school anime/manga.... Then there's Meat's meat powered fortune telling, that devoured a whole pteranodon, maybe even to the soul....

Dex-chan lover
That cat overlooking the tower at the end reminded of Red XIII overlooking Midgar at the end credits of FF7...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation. I enjoyed this new installation of Grashros.

Dex-chan lover
What a great manga, I love this kind of settings, makes me feel like I'm playing Saga 1 all over again. Shame it was just one single volume, I feel like there's still plenty potential to go in terms of stories.

Dex-chan lover
@CountryMage Yeah, I didn't enjoy this part as much as the other two because of that. Even when considering the magical lighter, this is very far out there and feels like it strays too much from the theme of the previous parts.

It's a shame we didn't get to see all of them together for one last adventure like the end card shows. At first, I thought that was what things were leading to, instead of these self-contained stories within the same setting, even if they were enjoyable in themselves.

Dex-chan lover
The odd thing about this series, is that there is indeed potential in the setting.
But the author is not using any of it. From what we've seen, it feels empty and shallow; It's about scattered villages who look for relics of the past, while treating them like godly items, in which pre-historic deadly creatures roam about. That, by itself, doesn't really tell us anything. There is the technical possibility to explore why and how any of that has happened, show to us where the world is going towards right now --- but instead, it hyper-focused on how the world is right now, which is static and locked in time, and that's not interesting enough to explore for an entire volume.
That synopsis reminds me of Larry Niven's book "A World Out Of Time",
which depicts all sorts ways how our perception of time and self can be stretched out, in which the MC wakes up from over a 100 years of cryogenic-sleep, goes on a 1,000,000 or so years long space voyage, and then lands back on earth, which has changed incredibly. From there, the MC doesn't *just* experience how much the earth has changed ("how it is right now"), but also experiences its ramifications ("where it goes right now"). One of which, are the current natives which were at war with another faction, which essentially diverted a planet against Earth, and seek his help to prevent total extinction through very fucked up means.
That being said, the end of the book is rather underwhelming, and I can't recall if there was a sequel to the book.

TLDR: The series sure has been one ass long one-shot.

The setting was pretty interesting. It could be nice manga if further stories comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread