Getsuyoubi no Tawawa - Ch. 88 - Cheer-chan, Part 7

Dex-chan lover
I can't put my finger on it but for some reason I still don't like this couple's dynamic
I can't speak for you, but for me, it's the power dynamic. The guy gives her everything he's got, but she gives him basically nothing back, and constantly mocks him. In the other pairs, the girls clearly like the guys, and it's a give and take. Here, it's all take. Her attitude certainly doesn't help.

Dex-chan lover
I can't speak for you, but for me, it's the power dynamic. The guy gives her everything he's got, but she gives him basically nothing back, and constantly mocks him. In the other pairs, the girls clearly like the guys, and it's a give and take. Here, it's all take. Her attitude certainly doesn't help.
Yeah it might be that, the guy is just too pathetic

Dex-chan lover
While she is selfish and rude, I don't think it comes from a place of ill intention. Their relationship is the sort that comes from being extremely close friends for many years before their relationship took any turns towards romance.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While she is selfish and rude, I don't think it comes from a place of I'll intention. Their relationship is the sort that comes from being extremely close friends for many years before their relationship took any turns towards romance.
I don't disagree. However, it makes for an unpleasant read, at least compared to the other pairings. It doesn't help that they have had the spotlight for a while now. Even the other pairs have gotten dragged into this quagmire of a relationship. If it was more spread out, with appropriate attention paid to other pairs, it would be much more palatable.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese otakus' obsession with idols remaining unmarried until they lose interest/grow old always bothers me. Then again, that's the downside of their show business targeting the otaku audience that sinks a lot of money to "support" their idols. There's a sense of entitlement that comes with their patronage, and it's too profitable for the companies to stop the cycle.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Tbf, it makes sense while even tho he might really want to fuck her brain out, he knew that this idol career is extremely important to her. But sadly, idol culture also involved the most toxic fandom imaginable so if they did the deed and her fans found out, it would get really bad. Hell wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are either stalker or creeps, even more so since she started modeling since high school, student model attracted the worst kind of degenerates.

That’s just how their relationship works, like the manager said, they knew they lived in two seperated worlds. But I agreed that this is not that good to read compared to others couples in the series

Dex-chan lover
But sadly, idol culture also involved the most toxic fandom imaginable so if they did the deed and her fans found out, it would get really bad.
If that was true then no idol would gotten married ever.

Yes, there is a imaged that is cultured and maintained but idols retire and you can be sure they do have relationships, take Nana Mizuki that is not only married but have a child and she is still active, for people that dont know who she is ... Ann Takamaki VA.

I think at this point its mostly a stereotype played to keep relationships of characters being stuck, depending on the work you see differences on how the subject is approached and this case its nothing but a excuse to have their relationship being stuck and this is kinda what this series became ... stale because nothing every progresses ever and we just get more stereotypes dumped, the twitter page is more interesting or was that the manga that doesnt want to expand on the twitter page but instead just do exactly the same but in a far less interesting way.

I am still reading this still but honestly, meh ...

Dex-chan lover
The reason that things feel off to a lot of people with this 'couple' is the idol dynamic. The manager's description in this chapter that they 'are in different worlds' disgusts me, and I bet others who read this feel the same. Getsuyobi no Tawawa started as something the author did on Mondays to cheer people up with cute girls who have giant honka-badonka-donkers. The manga has established itself and its universe as a place where love is simple and easy, so when reading this storyline, it comes across as way too dramatic in a negative way. I think that if this storyline were a totally separate manga it wouldn't bother people as much, but in the tawawa story, this is almost dark in comparison to the other couples' stories.

Well that's my take. Let me know what you think.

Dex-chan lover
Whether they have deep-seated affections for each other or not, I think they both know that crossing the line is extremely bad for her reputation. They joke about it in the chapter, but idol fans are absolutely terrifying. You don't fuck with them.
I wanted this to be a joke SO much... but there is only truth on that.

Companies are predatory as FUCK... but sincerely with the things I have read or watched about the parasocial shit that happens in Asia's "idol" culture ( in ANY of its offset), I can't feel sorry for some of the "fans" for being "used".

It is scary, those people completely believe they own the "idols" entire existence, they are not people... they are objects of desire, and for them, they have no right to their own desires or better yet they shouldn't even have desires.

I don't even care for the company she works for, but with how popular she is and the specific "demographic" she would appeal to... I wouldn't put it past to exist some fucked up weirdos between her fans.

But this isn't this type of story, fortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread