Getsuyoubi no Tawawa - Ch. 99 - Cheer-chan, Part 9

Fed-Kun's army
Are you saying that this ship won't progress unless this weirdass smell thing is dealt with? We've reached a low point for the "no progress romance" genre.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, "Anti-pheromones", its so stupid but it fits perfectly all those ecchi mangas where characters just wont fuck even if they aer both naked and willing

Aggregator gang
I swear I've heard that this is an actual phenomenon that prevents incest. Can't remember the name, though

Dex-chan lover
I mean a match making god exist so a scientific bs (if not real) is nothing tho the "they have been with each other for so long they already feel like a family" is not bs.

Dex-chan lover
smiling-friends-we-were-right-there.png

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so the reason why these two aren't over each other despite all the things they did is because of biological familiarity?
it's a play on the "childhood friend" trope, they are so close they dont feel sexually attractive (we choose to believe in Tawawa science)

Dex-chan lover
I swear I've heard that this is an actual phenomenon that prevents incest. Can't remember the name, though
Westermarck Effect, and it's been pretty throughly trashed, too, though many still swear it's real. It has more to do with socialization and societal pressures than anything to do with biology or familiarity with pheromones or anything like that.

Dex-chan lover
This sounds pseudo-scientific but I choose to believe it as fact.
relevant
Definitely pseudo-scientific. The fact it’s based on different smell studies. People tended to like smells that were more dissimilar to their own than those that were similar, so family tended to dislike the smell of family more than strangers. This is hypothesized to be a mechanism to prevent incest, considering studies have also shown that attraction to a person correlated to how pleasant you find their body odors to be.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't expecting a whole sequence to explain how a cold would make these two horny :lul:

Double-page supporter
The greatest bs I ever read. It will be more make sense if author just said "He is gay".

Users who are viewing this thread