Getsuyoubi no Tawawa

Contributor
I'm more surprised by the fact that nobody added a page on MangaDex for the official serialization than I am by the fact that it took the Twitter comic 5 years to get a serialization - more than the time it took to get an anime adaptation. This'll be much easier to get into for me, because there's likely to be actual dialogue. Hopefully it progresses well like the Twitter webcomic seemingly does.

Group Leader
https://twitter.com/bcscanlations/status/1326669014895095808

Fed-Kun's army
wait wtf this got a full on manga adaptation ? very nice

Dex-chan lover
Jail bait under age wooooooooooo wooooooo this is so great woooooooo yes yes wooooo wa woo wa wooooooooo

Group Leader
Man, seinen manga really love pushing this type of creepy shit, huh?
"Depressed old man stumbles into high school girl with huge breasts, mega bazonkers, absolutely huge gazoongas! A totally normal not-at-all-pedo-y fun manga romp! Did we mention she has huge boobs?"
I swear seinen is either the best or the absolute worst and there's no in-between.

Contributor
@fart What the fuck are you talking about pedophiles don't like big boobs.
@DrHizzle Seinen is not a genre. This is just lighthearted slice of life with ecchi. It's seinen because it's published in Weekly Young Magazine (which also serializes: Nande Koko senei, Parallel Paradise, Satanophany, Tejina sempai, Sounan desu ka, Send my regards to Kenshiro, Minami-ke). Nothing would change if it was in Weekly Shounen Magazine (Fairy Tail, Nanatsu, Domestic na Kanojo, Fuuka, Ippo, KusoKari, Soredemo Ayumu, Bakemonogatari).

Group Leader
@bastek66 I realize that but seinen is still a classification and still has a target demographic. I'm saying manga that appear in seinen magazines, particularly romance stories, seem extremely hit or miss.
Sometimes you get gold like Love is War, but seemingly just as often, you get extremely trashy shit that's built to appeal to old guys who still lust over high schoolers.

Edit: At first there seemed to be rarely anything in between great and horrible, but after checking the seinen romance tags on here it seems that's not really right. I guess just the really good and the really bad stick out in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread