Girls' Last Tour

So, after ignoring this series for a year, I finally decided to read it. I can't even describe how happy, and sad at the same time, I am right now. One of the best bitter-sweet endings I have ever seen.
Page 2 from chapter 43, the moment they "accomplish their mission". One of my favorite moments in this entire manga. It is the moment that you realize that there will be no miraculous salvation and that the thing that was pretty much inevitable finally happened. And the reaction of Chito and Yuuri? They don't pity themselves, they don't get angry and I think they were not even that surprised. Instead of doing that they calmly reflect on their journey and enjoy their last moments together as much as they can. What a great way to end this story.

Dex-chan lover
The secret ending is beautiful, so glad they got saved by that spaceship.
e7MjMFO.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
You shitty lit' brat, that is from an anthology written by the author. Ya think it funny, I was hope there is actually a secret ending. Damn, troller, ya got me wel'.

Thoughts on ending
I guess in some way their acceptance of their inevitable death. This was what I had not expected. The finality of that chapter. They made it further then anybody else to die with a full stomach. That they felt closer in that moment then any. I guess in a weird way, its a very different ending than Cub No Isaki where they pull a " Its all a Dream"

i'm such a sucker for post-apocalyptic stories. if you loved this manga, please check out YKK (manga) and the genre outside manga!

the last 2 chapters were especially beautiful...

i feel really bad about the end especially when i came back and reread and realize they truly did die. i now want to cry and hug all of my family. thank you girls last tour. for a truly great trip

definitely the most straight up beautiful pieces of literature i've ever read.

Dex-chan lover
Headcanon:
By dying as the last humans, Chi and Yuu restarted the universe and got isekai'd as normal girls in Japan living a happy, fulfilling everyday life.
KH1CV9V.png

there’s still so many unanswered questions and yet, the ending left me with nothing to be desired

Pretty slow, but that slowness is what made this manga great. It’s just a cute-girls-doing-cute-things manga, so of course it would be slow. They’re in an apocalypse, but they made the most of it, which is why the ending was so great. Readers get to witness the innocent types of things the girls did, and at the end, we get to see them together as they rest one last time. Bittersweet endings like this, which are incredibly easy to predict, but still somehow make you cry anyways, are rare, but truly a spectacular gem to find. I was debating between giving it a 9 or a 10, but god dang it, I’ll just go ahead and give it a 10. Great read.

Dex-chan lover
I thought To You, The Immortal broke me, but I've still got tears to shed, and I'm not even done.

It's hard to comment and read through the tears.

Aggregator gang
one of the best things i've ever read, truly a masterpiece

now dont mind me, im off to go cry in a corner

Users who are viewing this thread