Golden Kamuy - Vol. 19 Ch. 184 - Field of Drift Ice

Dex-chan lover
HYPE, i'm interested what Ogata going to do hopefully Sugimoto gonna stab him in the neck

Sugimotooooooooooo

Ogata's not going to do anything to Asirpa bc she's the only one who knows the clue and she's (hopefully) smart enough to not tell him about it. Or well, I hope anyway, bc I like that judgy cat man and don't want to be given a reason to hate him

Homeboy killed his deranged mother, jackass dad, loving half brother, who knows who else, and shot Sugimoto in the head. What's there to like about him? His fujo design? If he was butt ugly no one would care.

@Nutfiend
I've noticed that certain people out there LOVE this type of character. I am reminded of Gin from Bleach, where Kubo's intent was literally "rapist"... but the fangirls loved him. I suspect there's a societal thing at play with it, since the majority seems to be straight women... but that just could be law of averages.
I can't wait for him to die. (It was always his death that Shiraishi's coming with them changed. The wildcat foreshadowing is too intense.)

Asshole characters can have their own charisma and appeal, liking them doesn't mean you want them to win or don't acknowledge they're terrible people

@nutfiend Why do you think people like villains??? I like Ogata because he's a slick bastard. His sociopathy sets him apart from different characters. And he's cool as fuck with sniping skills.

I very much enjoyed this chapter. I think it was very well done and really touched on how Asirpa has been avoiding the pain due to the loss of both her father and Retar. It really hammers home the point that Wilk actively abandoned her. I also greatly loved how Ogata covered for her, blocking Kiro from seeing that she was upset. That was a hard thing for him to do but he did it for her, he's come a long way in regards to how he acts towards others. I'm excited to see how things continue in the manga!

Let's not fight over that bastard Ogata (damn this dude ><) and praise Shirashi's Mighty Penis.

Banned
Isn't this a callback to when Shiraishi and Sugimoto fell in the ice water that first time back near the start of the manga?

@chibivesicle : You don't actually believe that, do you? Odds are if he hid anything from Kiroranke, it is only that he doesn't want the guy to figure out what he just figured out: that the girl remembered something. The longer he can play nice guy for, the more likely she will eventually let slip what she knows... and the moment she is no longer necessary to solving the tattoo problem is the moment he will kill her.

Fed-Kun's army
Would have loved if they used "Hey, isn't that Shiraishi?" instead but it wouldn't really have made sense

Users who are viewing this thread