Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 261 - Fire Brigade

Group Leader
I still don't understand why Vasily is thinking in "mmph mmph"s ("fun fun" in the original) and it's driving me insane. All I want in life right now is to understand this joke and why it's supposed to be funny.

Edit: Also, I had a bad a feeling about Vasya's chances of survival before the translation came out, seeing as it's (supposedly) just him and Ogata left at the brewery with no one left to interrupt their duel... but now I'm like, nah. It would be too anticlimactic. Not just in how it's been set up so far, with Noda juggling a million different plot threads right now instead of allowing us to appreciate any potential farewell for the japanese fandom's beloved snow fairy/hood guy, but I don't think it makes sense given that Vasya has travelled all this way for an end so unceremonious. I think something's going to happen.

Edit edit: Oh, I think I know how it's going to be interrupted. I think Ogata probably saw something through the binoculars that made him realise Asirpa's just been kidnapped. As much as he likes fighting the russian sniper, Asirpa is the center of twisted existence by this point and anyone else harming her is probably an unacceptable outcome for him. He'll probably take off after the 7th.

tl;dr, Vasily possibly just got metaphorically cucked by a 14 year old girl; isn't it sad Vasya?

lol the pirate guy has taken all this punishment like a fucking champ. sugimoto who?

I love this constant shifting web of alliances and betrayals. All of the characters are consistent with what they want, but the way each of their desires clash with each other creates such beautiful unpredictable chaos.

Just within this arc, Boutarou teamed up with Sugimoto, betray him and then teamed up with him again, and it all still make me like this guy. He's still got a better betrayal track record than Ogata.

I don't like Boutarou. Might just be me but he feels too forced. Also can't trust these weird haircut/eyebrows/bearded motherfuckers. And, we already know we can't trust him.

Aggregator gang
After seeing how the anime handled Vasily and Ogata's first sniper duel I'm looking forward to this next match.

Loved how Sugimoto kicked the pirate's ass. Dude is lucky Shiraishi spared his life, Sugimoto was going to wrap his story up.

Users who are viewing this thread