Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu ~ Shijou Saikyou no Kenja, Sekai Saikou Hou no Gakuen ni Kayou - Ch. 2.1

Dex-chan lover
How tf did this win an award?
Probably because every other Novel that was participating to get an adaptation was worse than this? lol, though the award winning tag shouldn't be here for the manga, since it was the WN that won

If anyone curious here are the winners and applications, though this was a couple of years ago, it just now got the adaptation from winning lol
https://www.pixiv.net/novel/contest/kodansha_isekai

Dex-chan lover
I have bad news for you...

Tinfoil hat conspiracies aside, 90% of these are adaptations of web novels published on syosetu, which is equivalent to fanfiction.net but in japanese. As much as we can appreciate the effort of someone who goes out of its way to write a whole book and give it away for free, there is only so much you can expect from an amateur.
Copy/paste the title in Japanese guys... you will get the link to the web novel... This novel is exactly an example of what Gipo is saying... Short chapters and a short story...

Supporter
"Muscle power"? Am I in the right series?
Screenshot-20240715-214035-Chrome.jpg

Déjà vu :meguusmug:
Please, I need her to buy his bull, COMMIT to the bit, and end up changing archetypes to buff tomgirl aesthetic.

With how generic everything is, I doubt it, but still.
Is that really the best excuse he could come up with? Is there any basis on that or did he just pull it out of his ass?

He couldn't say something as simple as "magic"? Like the school they're going into that revolves around that subject?
:huh: hey wait a minute i dont think thays how muscles work buddy
When the girl and everyone else around him figure out it isn't actually muscles:

Fed-Kun's army
I have bad news for you...
Oh god :facepalm:
Tinfoil hat conspiracies aside, 90% of these are adaptations of web novels published on syosetu, which is equivalent to fanfiction.net but in japanese. As much as we can appreciate the effort of someone who goes out of its way to write a whole book and give it away for free, there is only so much you can expect from an amateur.
Makes sense. Though the fact that the publishers greenlight these and don't make efforts to get the authors to change the story to make them a bit more unique is a bit infuriating. Or maybe I am just too sensitive to this stuff.

Double-page supporter
It’s like this was storyboarded with tropes printed on cards that were tossed in the air and written where they fell. It’s almost as impressive as it is boring. A shame that the art is decent.

Group Leader
Makes sense. Though the fact that the publishers greenlight these and don't make efforts to get the authors to change the story to make them a bit more unique is a bit infuriating. Or maybe I am just too sensitive to this stuff.
The greenlight is mostly because of economic reasons: isekai with harems are popular, this story has isekai and harems, it will become popular and give us money. Publishers also have various ways to cover for unsuccessful works so they have no reason to stop the "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" technique.
As for changing the story, some publishers do, some don't and out of those that do some make it worse, so it's a huge hit or miss.

Dex-chan lover
"let's make a problem just to fix it in the same chapter + savior mc" aah trope, this is just "i like him because he's nice" with extra steps

Dex-chan lover
So what happens when she uses up that power? Are you going to be her battery for the rest of her life?

Users who are viewing this thread