Goodnight Punpun

Growing up sucks so fucking hard. Sometimes I wanna phase out of reality and just drift and let these fucking thoughts disappear into nothingness.

I cant even say you have to keep moving cause I don't know you and I can't promise a sachi will be there for you.

Or that an aiko will give you some eternal mission.

But please, please, don't give up hope, this shit is hard I know but we can make it easier.

Find your aiko, find your sachi, and when you find them fucking don't let go. Cry and bawl your eyes out but don't stop living, cause once its all gone.

10/10 will never read again

Dex-chan lover
Damn. That was a miserable manga with a terrible ending.
For all that the earlier stuff was entertaining and insane, it just became painful pretty quickly, and then just disappointing.

Plus as usual I found myself at odds with the commenters almost every chapter.

When his dad was at fault, the comments section blamed his mum. When Aiko was the only good thing for him, everyone called her cursed. For all the deaths that should have been, everyone griped about the few that actually did happen.

If it hadn't been for that ending, I might have given it a 6, but it gets a 4/10.

The comments here make me feel anxious and scared of reading it but extremely curious at the same time. I'll be reading this sooner or later in one go.

This manga has reminded me of those old school anime from Studio Ghibli because it has such a 'soft' bittersweet sadness into every moment you read. Yes, it will get you miserable and want to cry your eyes out, so beware for all of you guys out there trying to have a happy day. The creativity of the artist also contributed a huge part to this manga's popularity because if he had decided to draw the mc as 'detailed' as anyone else, this manga would be only at an average level. Many philosophical thoughts and background stories also get written and combined with spectacular detailed art, the manga looks and feel so real even though there are many fictional moments. Born in a 'not good' neighborhood and experienced a rough childhood friend-wise and family-wise, this manga stuck into my deep dark soul and the idea of trying to escape from all of that and to love purely... is truly attractive. It is a masterpiece no matter how much you hated it because it's creative, real, and miserable just like every good anime haha. Sadness is not a bad thing, it is for that we can appreciate happiness. 10/10, bitter like no sugar no milk black coffee.

a lot of parts i cried at maybe ur just not emotional enough or like ik people that don’t cry when they read manga cause there’s no like music or voice acting and stuff but it was sad for me

This series will help turn your life around, and show you what to and to not do. I hope reading this series will help guide you to making the better choices in life.

10/10 - So real it hurts.

This manga is the first to ever make me fully have to stop reading because it was so painful to read. But that's just life, in this brutally realistic manga and in real life, raw fucking agony. The way this manga, even with its silly imagery and moment, presents depression, suffering and loss is comparable to no other manga I've read thus far, and it will hold that place for a long ass time. Truly a masterpiece.

10/10. I will never read this testament to depression ever again, but I recommend everyone does.

@DefaultKachii
I can't remember how I ended up here. I don't know how I found this manga, or if it found me, but after I read your comment I knew I had to read it.

I don't know how many hours ago that was - my mind is a bit of a mess right now, but I've just finished reading the entire manga in one sitting.

I realised I had a migraine at around 80 chapters in, but I pushed on. The pain faded at around 110, then it redoubled in the 130s.

My head is pounding now, and I've got dried tear stains on my face but I don't really remember crying.

I feel like I've just woken from a trance, I didn't even really notice I was still reading a manga until I got taken back to the manga listing; I'd hit next after the final page without knowing.

I just experienced someone's life, one that mirrored my own in many moments and in many ways. I consumed it all in a matter of hours, and while I can vividly remember everything to happen in it, I can't remember how I felt. I suppose that may come with time, I'm having trouble emoting in any way right now.

I'll say this: I've been depressed for almost half of my life, and I've spent a lot of that time consuming any and every form of media that I thought might show me myself as I appear in my thoughts. I've been unsatisfied every time. Still, I kept on searching for any piece of media that I could find myself in wholly, and sincerely.

I found that today, and I don't quite know what that means for me or my obsession with stories up to now - I'll be honest and say I don't think it's really set in yet - but I do recognise one feeling right now. Satisfaction.

If my closing paragraph is to be anything, it'll be to echo yours. Thank you for sharing this with me.

10/10. I will never read this testament to depression ever again, but I recommend everyone does.

Really worth to read. Its realistic, somehow you can manage to keep up to Oyasumi's decisions (if you put up the effort on why he did his decisions and the other characters as well) its sad (really sad) but that's life. You can get more what you bargained for if you read this.

A solid 10/10 and will never read again.

the depressive, sad state/vibe in this manga is contagious that you'll actually like (atleast I did). Really goood artsyle that match up well with the story.

Hope you guys give it a try because we did. (And there's a comment that I saw where after you read the manga this'll stick up to you . It's true, really true)

this manga is one of the best manga, i’ve read in a long time. punpun reminds me of myself and that connection between him and i is what i believe to be genius storytelling on inio’s part. this was a fun read.
good night punpun, good vibrations to all

I have not been able to cry in a long time. Repressed emotions from family circumstances have left me reading many drama mangas only to not be satisfied. This was the one that made me cry in a long time. Thank you so much author for creating such a compelling piece of art and story that has opened my heart up again to feel. I truly have gone through the motions like Punpun but want to live my life better knowing that I want to make the most of it.

I was clinically depressed and interested to read this, yet i rate this at most normie tier.
Dont pretend to be depressed you motherfuckers

Users who are viewing this thread